Eca 2011/2012

This forum was created to share positive stories and celebrate the quality of cricketers going around in the ECA. We all must remember this and not lose sight of the policies in place set by the ECA, policies I totally agree with and support. The ECA has been a great feeder to district cricket over the years and it is great that players that have played at a higher level return back to the ECA and make it arguably the strongest metropolitan league in Victoria. Other than the ex district 1's players that have already had a mention, players that have dominated in lower XI's at district level and still perform at Dunstan or A Turf level but don't get the accolades are: Jewitt (4's), T Wright (3's), Slack (3's), Sturgess (3's), Day (4's), Alev (4's), J Wilson (3's), Dalrymple (3's). I've probably forgot some but this list proves that u don't necessarily have to have played district 1's to play good quality cricket in the ECA. Any other names??

Jewitt played 2's, Slack played 1's (somehow), Wilson played 1's, not too sure the day twins played district, sturgess has never played district. Well the standard of dunstan would be in between 2's and 3's. These guys should go out and do well because they had played a high standard of cricket.

XXXX - once again you have proven to this forum that you are a joker. can anyone look back on his posts and say this bloke is serious? no..
I bet this guy is an old has been from the ECA that never let go of what he couldn't achieve at this level.
what would you be doing on this forum on a saturday night anyway??

Are you fair dinkum? You must be taking the piss. If we let the figures do the talking, you'll be with us soon enough. The reason no one likes him is the reason he left Northcote, he is just a very, very different cat. He rubs people the wrong way and people don't forget. The fact that left a burgeoning State career to go to A TURF says it all, regardless of who he fell out with or what happened. He's massively underperformed so far in a substandard competition and he'd want to get that sorted pretty bloody quickly.

If scoring 82 and taking 1/14 off of 8 overs in a one day game is underperforming then the whole competition will need to watch out when he pulls his finger out of his arse.

Burwood for T20 champions.

Let's get some real conversation going, get off this Burwood & O'Shea trash.

I have the day off, wife is working, kids are locked in the play pen, so would appreciate a good day of constructive cricket chat.

First topic: Due to the washout, and this weekend reverting to one-day games, does this change anyone elses tips?

Let's get some real conversation going, get off this Burwood & O'Shea trash.

I have the day off, wife is working, kids are locked in the play pen, so would appreciate a good day of constructive cricket chat.

First topic: Due to the washout, and this weekend reverting to one-day games, does this change anyone elses tips?
Asburton and Bulleen has generally lost players this time of year to the races so making this round one dayers should help those 2 teams.

As if anyon would pay the spaz to play. I heard he is in advertising sales or some crap and he hangs out with media tossers. Doesn't sound like a prize to waste their cash on to me. The lanky big haired bloke in gully has not made a score in dunstan but he is very big on the chat. He's obviously either broke or hates hair cuts. Doubt he gets a cent. came fom one of the distric clubs apparently but many of these district twos players are HIGHLY overrated.
Is he seriously a district 2 player??? Wow they have had 1 decent player over the last few years in S Ford and Mackintosh has been handy as well other then that they are a shambles. N laws and Andrews have talent but are both on themselves way to much and as you say Marty that Dent was a merc. He plays in Penrith at the same club as the Aussie quick Cummins, apparently there was a blue and Dent nearly had his head taken off and it scared him a little, now only plays 4ths down there

XXXX - once again you have proven to this forum that you are a joker. can anyone look back on his posts and say this bloke is serious? no..
I bet this guy is an old has been from the ECA that never let go of what he couldn't achieve at this level.
what would you be doing on this forum on a saturday night anyway??

I appreciate the compliment of being referred to as a "has been". Just a quiet Sat night, hit the cans in the arvo due to washout and hit the wall early. Hey, I am only putting out thought provoking topics to generate a constructive debate. I sense your frustration from my post...did u play 1's at district and angry I said 3's or 4's???

Is he seriously a district 2 player??? Wow they have had 1 decent player over the last few years in S Ford and Mackintosh has been handy as well other then that they are a shambles. N laws and Andrews have talent but are both on themselves way to much and as you say Marty that Dent was a merc. He plays in Penrith at the same club as the Aussie quick Cummins, apparently there was a blue and Dent nearly had his head taken off and it scared him a little, now only plays 4ths down there
Not sure if the tall skinny bloke is ex 2's but apparently all he does is talk it up in the nets about his glory days and how awesome he was. I think he works in a cafe in Richmond flippin sandwiches so you could pop in and see him if you want to ask. Haha he'll probably make you a flat white while you wait!! Ford was a great keeper but a hack with the bat.

Boring boring forum, please come back building building and sort a few of these dope smokers out.
Agree, come out from hiding Building Building, your holiday must surely be over. You too Toad, Southern Punter, Charlie's Father and Fuzzbungle. Best post of last season was Building Building congratulating Fuzzbungle on being the scorbaord attendant at Punt Road Oval.

I'm re doing my tips
Glen Iris v St Kevins - what a great one day game this will be.
Marcellin v Ashburton
Mulgrave v Boronia
Mont Albert v Deepdene
Bulleen v Hawthorn
Richmond City v East Doncaster

Tipping form:
GI(11) v St Kevs(5)
Ashy(15) v Marc(1)
Mulg(16) v Boronia(0)
Deep(12) v MA(4)
Haw(9) v Bull(7)
RC(15) v ED(1)

Game of the round Haw v Bulleen. Hawks favourites.
Ashy and Mulg strong faves against promoted clubs.
Big drop off for MA.
RC big favourites against ED. Not sure they deserve to be this short yet.

Tipping form:
GI(11) v St Kevs(5)
Ashy(15) v Marc(1)
Mulg(16) v Boronia(0)
Deep(12) v MA(4)
Haw(9) v Bull(7)
RC(15) v ED(1)

Game of the round Haw v Bulleen. Hawks favourites.
Ashy and Mulg strong faves against promoted clubs.
Big drop off for MA.
RC big favourites against ED. Not sure they deserve to be this short yet.
Boronia to win!

Hey Councillor ! Great tip mate !
Your the only one that had the balls to tip Boronia against Mulgrave !!
You must be a psychic???? I think I 'll be putting my money on your tips in the future !
Actually, was a good game that went to the wire !!!
Nice to hear from all the home side pilgrims sledging our boys during the game trying to exert their arrogance upon the "lesser privileged teams" ? Bring it on !!!

Back