Eca 2011/2012

Glen Iris v St Kevs : GI at home
Marcellin vs Ashburton : AW got to come good at some point
Mulgrave vs Boronia : Mulg playing good cricket
Mont Albert vs Deepdene : Have the form.
Bulleen vs Hawthorn : As above.
Richmond City v East Donny : We will bounce back at home.
Im starting a little late but i hope you don't mind Terry

Glen Iris v St Kevs : GI should be good enough
Marcellin vs Ashburton : AW should win, good solid team and reigning premier
Mulgrave vs Boronia : Solid top 4 bats (yes Slack is solid) Spider to take a bag
Mont Albert vs Deepdene :parsons is class but MT at home is tough
Bulleen vs Hawthorn : generally flat deck there, will suit Tongue, Bulleens bowlers will be fired up though after last week you would think
Richmond City v East Donny : No P Thomson? Underatted attack with Kirkup and Andrew's getting 6 fors in first 2 games plus with Mackintosh its well rounded, no value for shots like East Donnies home ground​

On a new topic what are your thoughts on Sledging out on the field lads?

Do you need to have something to back it up with before trying to unsettle someone else or is it free for all? Who do you think are the best and worst teams at it?

On a new topic what are your thoughts on Sledging out on the field lads?

Do you need to have something to back it up with before trying to unsettle someone else or is it free for all? Who do you think are the best and worst teams at it?
My view has been that only the older, better players are any good at it. Fernon, Cox, spring to mind immediately. The Skevs boys are pretty funny. The younger guys that do it just make themselves look silly. The Deepdene boys go hard, but they're a disappointing lot in general, so it's best not to take any notice of them. The MA and Bulleen guys go pretty hard too. Haven't really ever heard the Mulgrave guys go hard. No point sledging when you're winning though, is there?

Glen Iris v St Kevs : Like GI, lot of depth with A turf team winning also
Marcellin vs Ashburton : Too experienced
Mulgrave vs Boronia : Too good
Mont Albert vs Deepdene : Too classy
Bulleen vs Hawthorn : Bulleen to fire up I think
Richmond City v East Donny : Home ground settles this one

Im starting a little late but i hope you don't mind Terry

Glen Iris v St Kevs : GI should be good enough​
Marcellin vs Ashburton : AW should win, good solid team and reigning premier​
Mulgrave vs Boronia : Solid top 4 bats (yes Slack is solid) Spider to take a bag​
Mont Albert vs Deepdene :parsons is class but MT at home is tough​
Bulleen vs Hawthorn : generally flat deck there, will suit Tongue, Bulleens bowlers will be fired up though after last week you would think​
Richmond City v East Donny : No P Thomson? Underatted attack with Kirkup and Andrew's getting 6 fors in first 2 games plus with Mackintosh its well rounded, no value for shots like East Donnies home ground​
You are in gravy. You can start 1 behind Igniter who is on 3 so if my maths serves me right that is 2.

My view has been that only the older, better players are any good at it. Fernon, Cox, spring to mind immediately. The Skevs boys are pretty funny. The younger guys that do it just make themselves look silly. The Deepdene boys go hard, but they're a disappointing lot in general, so it's best not to take any notice of them. The MA and Bulleen guys go pretty hard too. Haven't really ever heard the Mulgrave guys go hard. No point sledging when you're winning though, is there?
I actually think it brings that competitive edge to the game as well, im with you on Bulleen and Deepdene, East Doncaster seem to have a bit to say as well and Richmond City and Union also used to have a crack. The humourous sledging is the best, the ones that just swear at you are useless it just makes you dig in and real concentrate more. There was a guy from Richmond Clarence Dent i think it was who used to have a lot to say, bit of a weird cat he was

Glen Iris v St Kevs : Like GI, lot of depth with A turf team winning also
Marcellin vs Ashburton : Too experienced
Mulgrave vs Boronia : Too good
Mont Albert vs Deepdene : Too classy
Bulleen vs Hawthorn : Bulleen to fire up I think
Richmond City v East Donny : Home ground settles this one
Interesting people seem to have dropped off MA completely. I'm still sceptical, but it seems they're no chance this year - does everyone agree?

I actually think it brings that competitive edge to the game as well, im with you on Bulleen and Deepdene, East Doncaster seem to have a bit to say as well and Richmond City and Union also used to have a crack. The humourous sledging is the best, the ones that just swear at you are useless it just makes you dig in and real concentrate more. There was a guy from Richmond Clarence Dent i think it was who used to have a lot to say, bit of a weird cat he was
Yeah, he was certainly different. I'm sure he could bat, but we never saw it; we always got him cheaply. Never noticed ED.

Yeah, he was certainly different. I'm sure he could bat, but we never saw it; we always got him cheaply. Never noticed ED.
Useless batsman who had a habit of failing at the critical times and then took off to Sydney. The only innings I ever heard he played worth spit was in the A-turf grand final a few years back when he basically batted through 7 partners while the RCCC batting collapsed around him. Other than that he was a flake who just tried to smash everything out of the park and sooked about LBW decisions he got from playing across the line. One Eddy Secker HATED him that's no secret and triggered him numerous times I heard. That's what you get when you aggravate the umpires.

Useless batsman who had a habit of failing at the critical times and then took off to Sydney. The only innings I ever heard he played worth spit was in the A-turf grand final a few years back when he basically batted through 7 partners while the RCCC batting collapsed around him. Other than that he was a flake who just tried to smash everything out of the park and sooked about LBW decisions he got from playing across the line. One Eddy Secker HATED him that's no secret and triggered him numerous times I heard. That's what you get when you aggravate the umpires.
Hold on there Marty, i saw him turn up in Salmon coloured pants once and was calling everyone Des??! He managed a few decent scores i think you will find Marty but yeah just a little different, you don't want everybody being boring though, it can be a long day in the sun some days, i actually heard he got suspended by Secker for when he slammed a door which is stiff considering Secker has umpired David Saker and that guy was a lunatic on the field

Hold on there Marty, i saw him turn up in Salmon coloured pants once and was calling everyone Des??! He managed a few decent scores i think you will find Marty but yeah just a little different, you don't want everybody being boring though, it can be a long day in the sun some days, i actually heard he got suspended by Secker for when he slammed a door which is stiff considering Secker has umpired David Saker and that guy was a lunatic on the field
Be that as it may, if you put a target on your back Eddy Secker will ping you every time.

great topic on the sledging. Its such a good part of the game.
My experiences are that deepdene aren't good blokes at all, North balywn were pretty bad on the field but ok off. Ashy, MA, Mulgrave and ED go hard but not personal which is good, but all have a beer with you after the game which is whats we are all about really.. Rich City have been terrible sledgers on the field, stupid really, but not sure about this year....yet!

Be interested to find out what happened in Ashy v Hawthorn last week - both sides faced 71 overs, Ashy staggered to 4/152 chasing 289 - seems like they did not have a real crack at it which would be a surprise, you'd have thought they would throw the bat a bit.....unless they were playing under ordinary conditions, but Mycricket shows Hawthorn winning....

Be interested to find out what happened in Ashy v Hawthorn last week - both sides faced 71 overs, Ashy staggered to 4/152 chasing 289 - seems like they did not have a real crack at it which would be a surprise, you'd have thought they would throw the bat a bit.....unless they were playing under ordinary conditions, but Mycricket shows Hawthorn winning....

Well if both sides faced 71 overs, the match on saturday would of been ashy needing 290 off 71. I am a bit bemused why ashy finished up at 4-156 off their alloted overs. Surely they should of at least given it a good go, espically playing at ashy which is a road. But who know's why. Any ashy or hawthorn guys want to say something about sat?

Chris Harris from Donvale wasn't a big fan of Clarence either. Something about CD repeatedly calling him a c*nt.
Well I watched that game and I saw Harris fair dinkum attempt to mankad him. I couldnt believe it a mankad in a GF. What's even worse is he never left his crease early so they just stared at each other for ages and Harris refused to bowl until the umpire sent him back to his mark. Harris the dog went the mankad and it blew up in his face what a tool. Well didn't it start a feud that went on for MONTHS but Harris got the flag so I guess the last laugh. Still what a dog going the mankad.

Back