Eca 2012/13

Im still sticking with my prediction Mont Albert to take the flag . Will be too seasoned for Mulgrave. However as mentioned they will be doing it without their POM Porter ..... who is currently on his way back for pre season training.

In other ECA news congratulations to Glen Iris on their two professional player signings for next year .... Greg Norman and Samantha Stosur .... should help continue the March tradition.

Not sure how many times this year Grubich has batted behind Stafford , but surely the Captain had to stand up and impose himself ...... maybe a tactical decision ...... but it certainly backfired.

There's a bit of Mully/MA history. If my memory serves me right, Mully beat MA once as part of their 5 wins and then MA beat them a few years ago. Without any POMs, if Porter has gone, it will be an all Aussie GF, what a change!

snore ....... zzzzzzz ....... snore........ zzzzzzzz

all quite on the forum front given its the big dance this sat.

i think we can safely say no forum users from Mont A or Mulgrave onboard ........ all very boring

Im still sticking with my prediction Mont Albert to take the flag . Will be too seasoned for Mulgrave. However as mentioned they will be doing it without their POM Porter ..... who is currently on his way back for pre season training.

In other ECA news congratulations to Glen Iris on their two professional player signings for next year .... Greg Norman and Samantha Stosur .... should help continue the March tradition.

Not sure how many times this year Grubich has batted behind Stafford , but surely the Captain had to stand up and impose himself ...... maybe a tactical decision ...... but it certainly backfired.

Hey Mr Undertaker, bit kind on Glen Iris. Greg Norman and Samantha Stosur have at least won majors, Glen Iris have not!!!! They are more like Philapousis, can get to finals but never win, but look good along the way.

Also trivia question, how many runs has Grubich scored in Glen Iris's last three semi finals? Clue he has taken more wickets, and that's not many!!!

Hey Mr Undertaker, bit kind on Glen Iris. Greg Norman and Samantha Stosur have at least won majors, Glen Iris have not!!!! They are more like Philapousis, can get to finals but never win, but look good along the way.

Also trivia question, how many runs has Grubich scored in Glen Iris's last three semi finals? Clue he has taken more wickets, and that's not many!!!
I would say they play more like Anna Kournikova!

ok guys, final tips for the year

mulgrave- now no poms playing for either side so will make it even. Mulgrave just get the job done at this time of the year. Aldons best player

heathmont- have bowled out every team this year comfortably, batting a concern but will just get over North Melbourne. Morris best player

best of luck to all sides playing grannies

A real shame the forecast is threatening a full days play for day 1 of turf GF's

Dunstan - nothing splitting these two sides. On paper it is hard to go past MA but when u look at the job Mulgrave did on GI then it makes this clash a chance to be an epic of a final. The toss could be vital with the potential of a wet ball before the first drinks break a real possibility.

Tipping Mulgrave just now MA pom gone home. A tip with not a lot of confidence tho. Medal if Mulg wins = Mason & if MA wins = Vance

A Turf....Heathmont with ease

A real shame the forecast is threatening a full days play for day 1 of turf GF's

Dunstan - nothing splitting these two sides. On paper it is hard to go past MA but when u look at the job Mulgrave did on GI then it makes this clash a chance to be an epic of a final. The toss could be vital with the potential of a wet ball before the first drinks break a real possibility.

Tipping Mulgrave just now MA pom gone home. A tip with not a lot of confidence tho. Medal if Mulg wins = Mason & if MA wins = Vance

A Turf....Heathmont with ease
MA for me...

Medal if MA win - Hargraves
Medal if Mully win - J.Day

0/44 after 15 is good start by MA. Think they should win pretty comfortably even without Porter, just think they're a lot more talented to a man than Mully. Mully would have thought they could get a couple of wickets in the 1st 20 overs so they're a bit behind it now, but still, it should be a good final though.

Bulleen off to a reasonable start and that might be the one to watch out of the 2.

Not sure whether the games revert to ordinary conditions now ??
If so you have to give the advantage to the side finishing on highest on the ladder.
Mont Albert could bat Mulgrave out of the game as i suspect the Donvale pitch will be a ripper no matter what happens.

the A-Turf would be a different story as Bulleen have to make a game of it ..... therefore a declaration and have to bowl Heathmont out .... Still think heathmont in Box seat .

I wonder if ECA Watcher was still watching on the weekend and if we can look forward to a report of the weekends Matches?

Yes Cricket is a strange game - what other sport do you clap a player after nothing happened eg a dot ball. Well Left!!!! Great bowling. Both sides clapping and cheering but the result of that ball was no change to the score. Strange sport indeed. it's also the only sport I can think of that once you have lost the game you can go out and lose some more.

Everyone enjoying that most marvellous of seasons - the off season?

I wonder if ECA Watcher was still watching on the weekend and if we can look forward to a report of the weekends Matches?

Yes Cricket is a strange game - what other sport do you clap a player after nothing happened eg a dot ball. Well Left!!!! Great bowling. Both sides clapping and cheering but the result of that ball was no change to the score. Strange sport indeed. it's also the only sport I can think of that once you have lost the game you can go out and lose some more.

Everyone enjoying that most marvellous of seasons - the off season?

Sorry Chunky, had bar duties much of the weekend so only managed to sneak in a bit of A Turf action (watched Judd looking completely assured against Heathmont) on the Saturday and half an hour of Dunstan on the Sunday. In that half an hour, saw what I think most of us would have expected - MA putting way too much pressure on the Mully boys so that they never really looked like being any chance of putting together partnerships that would chase the score down - in saying that, 6/20 is an outrageous day out and obviously goes a long way to closing it out!

Sorry Chunky, had bar duties much of the weekend so only managed to sneak in a bit of A Turf action (watched Judd looking completely assured against Heathmont) on the Saturday and half an hour of Dunstan on the Sunday. In that half an hour, saw what I think most of us would have expected - MA putting way too much pressure on the Mully boys so that they never really looked like being any chance of putting together partnerships that would chase the score down - in saying that, 6/20 is an outrageous day out and obviously goes a long way to closing it out!
It was funny watching one of the day sisters carry on when given out! She wasn't the only one reported from that match! Bring on the EFL season!

3 on report. not a bad day at the office for the dunstan game. geg cull 6 wickets!!!!!! wtf!!
anyone at the a turf granny. heard that the lights were turned on for an hour or so? (surely against the spirit of the game.
another season gone. whats everyones thinking of the season? wonder what will happen next season with a turf, will rich city be demoted (leaving three 2nd x1 teams)

3 on report. not a bad day at the office for the dunstan game. geg cull 6 wickets!!!!!! wtf!!
anyone at the a turf granny. heard that the lights were turned on for an hour or so? (surely against the spirit of the game.
another season gone. whats everyones thinking of the season? wonder what will happen next season with a turf, will rich city be demoted (leaving three 2nd x1 teams)

3 on Report ???? Unfortunately couldnt get to the game on the Sunday ..... Can we please get some details of who was reported for what ? Sounds interesting

Back