Guess The Item ๐Ÿค”

Hi Jessica, telling you its function would totally give it away, so here's a few hints instead:

I tend to only use this item occassionally in certain situations. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ™†โ€โ™‚๏ธ

It's made of plastic outside and inside are wires and complex electronics and controls. ๐ŸŽ› ๐ŸŽš๐Ÿ–ฒ๐Ÿšฅ

It runs on electricity with rechargeable batteries๐Ÿ”‹๐Ÿ”‹๐Ÿ”Œ.

No, not one of them Craig, I didn't know they existed. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Still, I have a panasonic VCR to DVD and back recorder/player, but that's bigger than my mystery item. Much bigger. Mine's more modern too interfacing with my smart phone via Bluetooth. ๐Ÿ“ฒ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ“ฒ
I had one of those, it was great, sadly it packed in so I chucked it away.

I had one of those, it was great, sadly it packed in so I chucked it away.
Many of my friends and family used mine to convert their vcr memories to dvd's Jessica.
Decades ago my old Dad and I converted his silent 8mm reels to vcr with his and my commentaries.๐ŸŽž๐Ÿ“ฝ Decades later I converted the vcr's to a dvd and I made and posted out 2 dozen dvd copies to rellies.๐Ÿ“€ ๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ‘ฆโ€๐Ÿ‘ฆ๐Ÿ“€๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ‘งโ€๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿ“€
Now my copies are on big usb's and a huge external drive.๐Ÿ—ณ๐Ÿ“ฒ๐Ÿ’ป

Those vcr to dvd machines are really dated now but mine still works well, not that I use it anymore but I do have a big collection of old but good video tapes and dvds.๐ŸŽž ๐Ÿ’ฝ๐ŸŽ™

My item has a few similarities in technology to those lovely old media machines.... but on a much smaller scale. โฌ‡๏ธ

Last edited:
Some fancy new cyber watsit that I'd not have a clue about.

You have not as yet played the new game Terry.

Some fancy new cyber watsit that I'd not have a clue about.
This item was first invented in 1898 and constantly improved since then to the modern versions.
They are used mostly by elderly people, like me. ๐Ÿ‘ด
No doubt you've seen lots of them.

You have not as yet played the new game Terry.
I have now Craig, thanks for the reminder.๐Ÿ™‚

Last edited:
An electronic hearing aid?
Bingo Craig, that's it, hearing aids!

Mine cost ~$5k and really help, but I only tend to wear them when out and about. They've got blue tooth connected to my smart phone, tv, ... so I can get phone calls on it and listen to any media like radio from my phone. I can tune them up, left and right with an app on my smart phone for different enviroments, like loud restaurants.
It's also supposedly got AI to adjust noise levels but I'm yet to notice that? I mainly need them for high frequency sounds which they do very well with me now hearing sounds I hadn't for decades. The rechargeable batteries should last ~ 5 years +.

The only downside is the itch I get from them in my ear canals, but I'm getting used to that. Sorbolene helps.
$1600 subsidy for pensioners and for ~$53pa a full government warranty for 5 yesrs and annual check up and service. The bottom shelf aids are priced equal to the $1600 subsidy so effectively free.
Top shelf ~ $10+k. My motorbike only cost $7k!

How's your hearing? How's your hearing?

Your turn mate. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I am no iconoclast Jessica? I just like icons, but that was a blast.๐Ÿ’ฅ ๐Ÿ™„

Is it a personal item?๐Ÿ˜

Is it only used indoors?๐Ÿ 

Is it expensive? ๐Ÿ’ธ

Is it made of plastic, wood or metal? ๐Ÿงท๐Ÿงน๐Ÿ“’

Last edited:
I am no iconoclast Jessica? I just like icons, but that was a blast.๐Ÿ’ฅ ๐Ÿ™„

Is it a personal item?๐Ÿ˜

Is it only used indoors?๐Ÿ 

Is it expensive? ๐Ÿ’ธ