Local talent

Re: Local talent

Leigh soboticki, played bottom age for Western Spirit in the state champs, scored 45,55,88 and took a 5fa.

Pretty Impressive stuff right there

Pretty good there spin king.

Mikey Di Battista from the Cowboys had a good carnival from what I've hear, he tonned up, scored a 60 odd a 35 and a 47.

breeno;316582 said:
Pretty good there spin king.

Mikey Di Battista from the Cowboys had a good carnival from what I've hear, he tonned up, scored a 60 odd a 35 and a 47.

must have had a good week because he would be no where near as good as some of the others bats in the comp who play districts 2s and 3s such as hillard, buchanan, condy begbie gotch

kallis23;316959 said:
must have had a good week because he would be no where near as good as some of the others bats in the comp who play districts 2s and 3s such as hillard, buchanan, condy begbie gotch

How would you know, he made the runs and that proves he's got the talent, I'm pretty sure he's bottom age as well.

breeno;316977 said:
How would you know, he made the runs and that proves he's got the talent, I'm pretty sure he's bottom age as well.

hes still got along way to go in regards to the other best batsmen e.g buchanan played 3s all year at geelong and yes i know hes bottom age

Now I've played against all the alleged best bats in the state bar Gotch.

And too be honest, that Di Battista is not half as good as any of them.

Begbie, Condy, Hillard, Buchanan and Lanigan are all a lot better than him.
We had better bats than him mate.

Sounds like a bit of self Cowboy love to me.

I know all of those players you mentioned and yes they are all guns, you forgot jordan wyatt in that.

And gotch is of that quality.

I haven't seen this mikey di batista play or even heard of him, but those scores as a bottom age dowling player are pretty dam good.

Runs are runs

Spin King;317507 said:
I know all of those players you mentioned and yes they are all guns, you forgot jordan wyatt in that.

And gotch is of that quality.

I haven't seen this mikey di batista play or even heard of him, but those scores as a bottom age dowling player are pretty dam good.

Runs are runs

Exactly...Ferg, I couldn't care who he played for, bottom line is runs are runs no matter how you get them. It is no point having the talent if you don't make the scores, and then when someone with 'less' talent makes the scores, thenthe bottom line is, they made some scores.

I'm not discounting the fact that he made runs, I'm just saying he should not be considered in the same league as the really good bats in the age group.

Look, the kid has obviously done well during the tournament.. but he is no where near good enough to be spoken of in the same breath as Begbie and co.

fmr_13;317577 said:
I'm not discounting the fact that he made runs, I'm just saying he should not be considered in the same league as the really good bats in the age group.

Look, the kid has obviously done well during the tournament.. but he is no where near good enough to be spoken of in the same breath as Begbie and co.

Nor did I speak of him in the same breath as Begbie and co. You just assumed I did. Assum nothing when posting.

The thread title is Local talent, and I was just mentioning how a kid has gone well in his Dowling Carnival.

All I'm saying is that he shouldn't be. Not that you said he should be.

Who is playing in the Dowling Final?

Back