Matthew Hayden

Re: Matthew Hayden

I hope Hayden does not get selected in the ODI's. Time to start planning for the next world cup, and the is no well in hell Hayden is playing in the next World Cup, so time to start bringing through the next wave of talent.

Re: 'No signs of Hayden retiring'

He doesn't realise him staying is to the detriment of the team, it's almost bordering ignorance, champion player and bloke, but you gotta know when you gotta go.

breeno;305374 said:
He doesn't realise him staying is to the detriment of the team, it's almost bordering ignorance, champion player and bloke, but you gotta know when you gotta go.

Agree completely.
Haydos, the party is over, it's time to go home before you really make a fool of yourself.

breeno;305374 said:

Exactly. He's always struck me as a highly arrogant cricketer, but not being able to see the negative effect he's having on the team takes it to a whole new level

The Cricket Show guys all want Hayden to go to England. Jerks

EDIT: They want Klinger in for the one-dayers. Legends

EDIT2: Healy wants Steve Smith in the squad for the South African tour. Idiot

a for effort;305460 said:

Serious conflict of interest there. They're all mates with him and won't say otherwise.

a for effort;305460 said:

EDIT: They want Klinger in for the one-dayers. Legends

EDIT2: Healy wants Steve Smith in the squad for the South African tour. Idiot

Wouldn't read to much into it about Hayden, it's like your mum saying she has a beautiful baby, she has to because she is close to you.

We need some new blood to help refresh the team
unfortunatley it means hayden is gone
he had a great career and its time for someone to have a go

a for effort;305399 said:
Exactly. He's always struck me as a highly arrogant cricketer, but not being able to see the negative effect he's having on the team takes it to a whole new level

Yeah me too.

siddle2franklin;305553 said:
We need some new blood to help refresh the team
unfortunatley it means hayden is gone
he had a great career and its time for someone to have a go

Exactly.

Also about Ian Healy wanting to take Steve Smith... I agree, he is an idiot! Steve Smith has played, what, 10 first class games? He is 19 and raw... stupid comment.

Mousey;305620 said:
Exactly.

Also about Ian Healy wanting to take Steve Smith... I agree, he is an idiot! Steve Smith has played, what, 10 first class games? He is 19 and raw... stupid comment.

His stats aren't great with either bat nor ball.

I know we have to take some youth but let's get some youthful players who actually are doing alright at the moment Hughes, Warner, Heal, White, Marsh spring to mind.

Not a raw 19 year old with not much to back him up.

tugga1;305463 said:
Serious conflict of interest there. They're all mates with him and won't say otherwise.

spot on there tugga, but i dont thionk the selectors will show him that love. hope not anyway. time for new guns to come thru, or will jacques come staright back in if he performs in lead up games. theyd have to put him back in wouldnt they.

That would make it interesting with Hughes also in the mix.
Three New South Wales openers going for two spots.

Hayden's fielding and batting isn't up to it. Every great player has an end and is no good if they are still playing at the end. He is done and Sydney should be his last test. Hughes is in red hot form and has more than earnt the opening spot. He must move on so the team can move on.

Mousey;305620 said:
Exactly.

Didn't hear what Healy said, but if he thinks that, then he really is a knob. I like Steve Smith a lot, I think he's got plenty of potential and may be one to look out for in 2 or 3 years time, but so far he has not shown the confidence and maturity (which is to be expected, he's only 19) to be anywhere close to Test level.

He is also a better one day cricketer at the moment. If you HAD to play him, do it in the 50 (or even 20) over format.

thommy_rissole;305629 said:
His stats aren't great with either bat nor ball.

I know we have to take some youth but let's get some youthful players who actually are doing alright at the moment Hughes, Warner, Heal, White, Marsh spring to mind.

Not a raw 19 year old with not much to back him up.

I just want to touch on Shaun Marsh for a minute.
He did have an excellent IPL and start to his ODI career but his domestic and first class stats are pretty poor.

First-Class 51 matches 2755 runs at 34.01
Aus One-day dom 40 matches 1150 runs at 31.08

He is in no way ready to be a test openor and his one day stats suggest he shouldn't be in the 1day side either but he is so good luck to him because we need him to stand up.

While im at it. Hayden was not included in the ODI squad or twenty20 squad that was named. This is the best sign yet that the selectors have had enough.
This might be the end for the great opening batsmen.

Back