MMVCA General Cricket Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat

Barney's Mate;344753 said:
If i were keen to join a club in your comp, which one would need a bowler in your top grades?

Socials CC are in need of bowlers / bats for A-Turf. The club is one of the most successful clubs in the MMVCA.
Club room are not far from the ring road.
PM me if you would like to chat about the club.

Opening Batsman;344976 said:
What was the final vote count?

11 clubs for (20 votes)
12 clubs against (24 votes)
2 clubs didn't turn up to vote (3 votes)

Needed 36 votes for the merger to go thru.

hagman;344890 said:
Well if you are keen and rate yourself come down to Pascoe Vale. If you are a top grade bowler the club will look after you $$ Just missed the finals this season so you would be a bonus.

Quite sure i read a while back u pascoe boys denied anyone was being paid there ( except the coach ) obviously this is not the case as you are offering up money. From what i have read from results, no one there is worth paying except maybe the opening bat.

Flemington Colts Cricket Club Requires a Capt/Coach for the 2009/2010 season
Affl: M.M.V.C.A
We have 4 Senior sides in Matting Grades, A,C & 2 1day grades. We are looking for the right person to take our club to the next step.The Club is only 10 years old and looking to start its own history now. Top $$$ will be available to the right person. Please pm myself and all responses replied too. Thanks

Why is everybody so against a merger between comps?

Surely it will only make the comp stronger and attacted better players and ground etc

DROPPED HIM;345113 said:
Why is everybody so against a merger between comps?

Surely it will only make the comp stronger and attacted better players and ground etc

I have only been in this league a couple of years, but all i have heard about is this merger.

Can anyone let us in on why it didnt go through?

whatfor;345125 said:
I have only been in this league a couple of years, but all i have heard about is this merger.

Can anyone let us in on why it didnt go through?

Luv to help, but I'm so over it and just want to look forward.
If it helps, have a read thru the merger thread.:)

bomber27;345127 said:
Luv to help, but I'm so over it and just want to look forward.
If it helps, have a read thru the merger thread.:)

not sure about is, however hasnt mmvca joined up with some other comps over the past 20 years and not so long ago when st marys, st franicis and co joined the association didnt the mmvca want all the nwca sides to come across as well, david hall and a few from st andrews were on the exec board at that stage.

voodoo;345151 said:
not sure about is, however hasnt mmvca joined up with some other comps over the past 20 years and not so long ago when st marys, st franicis and co joined the association didnt the mmvca want all the nwca sides to come across as well, david hall and a few from st andrews were on the exec board at that stage.

MMVCA was formed from the merger of the CDCA and the Churches comp. Since that merger no other comp has merged with the MMVCA. St Marys, St Francis and Ascot Vale have always been members of the MMVCA but have at one time gone from switching from having their first eleven on mats to turf. In regards to what David Hall wanted, I can't help you with but we are going back 10 plus years there.
Maybe when the CDCA merged with the Churches comp, they were hoping the NWCA would join as well. Not sure.

bomber27;345168 said:
MMVCA was formed from the merger of the CDCA and the Churches comp. Since that merger no other comp has merged with the MMVCA. St Marys, St Francis and Ascot Vale have always been members of the MMVCA but have at one time gone from switching from having their first eleven on mats to turf. In regards to what David Hall wanted, I can't help you with but we are going back 10 plus years there.
Maybe when the CDCA merged with the Churches comp, they were hoping the NWCA would join as well. Not sure.

bomber that sounds on the mark cheers

putabellintheball;344810 said:
Well to be be honest I know us at Easts are looking for a quality bowler. We took very few wickets this year and whilst we had bowlers, we needed a bowler that had a true wicket ball. i.e like Newton, Appleyard, Pipe, Dyson and the rest (sorry if I missed anyone notable here - just placing a few examples.

Feel free to PM me if you are interested in having a beer and a chin wag.

Sean.

Sean, I hear on the 'vine' that Mark Brown found his way into an interview qith you guys! Certainly wouldn't bet my house that he will do anything other than practise his interview technique:eek:

Guru14;345564 said:
Sean, I hear on the 'vine' that Mark Brown found his way into an interview qith you guys! Certainly wouldn't bet my house that he will do anything other than practise his interview technique:eek:

hmmm very interesting...
Looking forward to the reply.

Guru14;345564 said:

Hey Mate, I cant confirm who may or may not have interviewed with us so far (and there has been a couple) for the coaching role.

It is a confidential process as far as we are concerned and it is not right for me to get on here and 'out' blokes who maybe looking to change where they are currently playing to take a coaching role with us.

I am sure you can appreciate that.

It has been interesting though the conversations I have had!

It sounds though from the comments that you seem to know this first hand. Care to elaborate....?

As it stands though - the coaching role is STILL open and we have not made a decision. If there is anyone else looking to step up into the role - we are more than welcome to hear from you.

Please PM me if that is the case.

Sorry Guru but I hope you appreciate the reply.

:)

putabellintheball;345650 said:
Hey Mate, I cant confirm who may or may not have interviewed with us so far (and there has been a couple) for the coaching role.

It is a confidential process as far as we are concerned and it is not right for me to get on here and 'out' blokes who maybe looking to change where they are currently playing to take a coaching role with us.

It sounds though from the comments that you seem to know this first hand. Care to elaborate....?

As it stands though - the coaching role is STILL open and we have not made a decision. If there is anyone else looking to step up into the role - we are more than welcome to hear from you.

Thanks Sean, for your response always appreciate a straight and to the point one. Apart from your boys at East Coburg who else would be in that room? I guess you might find your answer there.........:cool:

Guru14;345658 said:
Thanks Sean, for your response always appreciate a straight and to the point one. Apart from your boys at East Coburg who else would be in that room? I guess you might find your answer there.........:cool:

LOL!

:p

putabellintheball;345650 said:

The person that spoke to East Coburg may of spoken with Haig as well.

Went along to the Comp Presentation night last night. Was a pretty good night, apart from a couple of things.

Robert Shaw was a total flop. I was almost falling asleep listening to him. And arrogant players accepting their trophies. Some of you guys looked like ****as strutting up there last night. Dont forget that the night is a celebration of the whole League, not just you pansies looking for a bit of attention.

Apart from that it was a fantastic night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back