mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

ice cold;293927 said:
what is ur role in the st marys team mate?

my role is point fielder and i bat at 8. u could say im the voice of the team in the field. it is a hard team to break into but glad that i am part of it. wouldnt have it any other way champ. whats ur role??

bcricket

ice cold;293927 said:
what is ur role in the st marys team mate?

my role is point fielder and i bat at 8. u could say im the voice of the team in the field. it is a hard team to break into but glad that i am part of it. wouldnt have it any other way champ. whats ur role??

bcricket

bcricket;293936 said:

bcricket

glad you are happy with that. why wouldnt you have it any other way??? you are happy just to bat at 9 every game and not bowl?? if i were you i would want at least 1 chance to show my worth and try and make some runs up the order

bcricket;293936 said:

bcricket

glad you are happy with that. why wouldnt you have it any other way??? you are happy just to bat at 9 every game and not bowl?? if i were you i would want at least 1 chance to show my worth and try and make some runs up the order

ice cold;293940 said:

i enjoy playin with these bunch off blokes and i have only lost one game in my two seasons in the side. na im not rapped with it because you do get fed up sometimes. i just bat where the captain tells me and i respect that. im sure il get my chance and do my best to make it count. if i wanted to bat up the order every week i would bat at 3 in the 2nds every week. p.s have u seen our top order and middle order i think from what i have seen is one of the best in the league.

bcricket

ice cold;293940 said:

i enjoy playin with these bunch off blokes and i have only lost one game in my two seasons in the side. na im not rapped with it because you do get fed up sometimes. i just bat where the captain tells me and i respect that. im sure il get my chance and do my best to make it count. if i wanted to bat up the order every week i would bat at 3 in the 2nds every week. p.s have u seen our top order and middle order i think from what i have seen is one of the best in the league.

bcricket

no i dont think u have the best top order/middle order. i dont mind st andrews top order just a bit out of form atm. they will come good. hunter is your best player. best spinner goin. harris over the hill. best bat in this comp is BABO from st francis. need to get him out early

no i dont think u have the best top order/middle order. i dont mind st andrews top order just a bit out of form atm. they will come good. hunter is your best player. best spinner goin. harris over the hill. best bat in this comp is BABO from st francis. need to get him out early

My Captain said:
It is nearly half the season gone so here are my thoughts on all clubs.

West Coburg; going all right but will be found out come finals when experience is needed

St Marys; i think their batting & bowling are good but just good(too many batsmen want to play the big shot)

St Francis; no Babo no St Francis as well Matt is not bowling anywhere near he can(captaincy must be to mush for him. plus if he has to win by looking up the bylaws than they will not get far)

Merlo; all you here from bomber is we will be good this year with all the young players we have it takes more than young players to win game give your selfs 2 or 3 years.

Glenroy; should be better than they are with all the talent and money down there should be winning flags(but they can not be controlled on the field if they just play cricket and not want to fight and carry on all the time will improve)

St Andrews; led well by Dave but are all getting that bit older every year will be very interesting to see how long they can all keep going(could build a side around Smoke for 4or5 more years at least need to get some good younger players the juniors they have will come good but will take time.

Sunshine Heights; just think they like to try and hit the ball as hard as they can (need a good coach to show them how to play cricket)

Barkley Street; same as Sunshine Heights

East Coburg; think your club will struggle for a few years to come (try and get better petrol pumpers)

Haig; will struggle (think they should look to merge with another turf club do not go down the non turf as last year)

Socials; have been great in the past and i think they can be again good people around just need that one new person to get involved and spark them off again ( but if not i would love our clubs to merge and be a power house for many years to come)

Pascoe Vale; if the rumors are true and there is a split between cricket and football
clubs the club will not be around for long ( but if they are not i think you need to get new blood into the top new coach and new A grade captain and start from scratch.

just some thoughts from somebody that had nothing to do on Saturday
Has anybody got any thoughts on all the sides and how they are all going.

My Captain said:
It is nearly half the season gone so here are my thoughts on all clubs.

West Coburg; going all right but will be found out come finals when experience is needed

St Marys; i think their batting & bowling are good but just good(too many batsmen want to play the big shot)

St Francis; no Babo no St Francis as well Matt is not bowling anywhere near he can(captaincy must be to mush for him. plus if he has to win by looking up the bylaws than they will not get far)

Merlo; all you here from bomber is we will be good this year with all the young players we have it takes more than young players to win game give your selfs 2 or 3 years.

Glenroy; should be better than they are with all the talent and money down there should be winning flags(but they can not be controlled on the field if they just play cricket and not want to fight and carry on all the time will improve)

St Andrews; led well by Dave but are all getting that bit older every year will be very interesting to see how long they can all keep going(could build a side around Smoke for 4or5 more years at least need to get some good younger players the juniors they have will come good but will take time.

Sunshine Heights; just think they like to try and hit the ball as hard as they can (need a good coach to show them how to play cricket)

Barkley Street; same as Sunshine Heights

East Coburg; think your club will struggle for a few years to come (try and get better petrol pumpers)

Haig; will struggle (think they should look to merge with another turf club do not go down the non turf as last year)

Socials; have been great in the past and i think they can be again good people around just need that one new person to get involved and spark them off again ( but if not i would love our clubs to merge and be a power house for many years to come)

Pascoe Vale; if the rumors are true and there is a split between cricket and football
clubs the club will not be around for long ( but if they are not i think you need to get new blood into the top new coach and new A grade captain and start from scratch.

just some thoughts from somebody that had nothing to do on Saturday
Has anybody got any thoughts on all the sides and how they are all going.

bcricket;293936 said:

bcricket
Well you wouldn't want to drop many catches or let fours get by you

bcricket;293936 said:

bcricket
Well you wouldn't want to drop many catches or let fours get by you

i reckon st francis are a danger team, they failed miserably against st andrews(who cares got the points) but are young and will learn, well lead from again, another young fella. i reckon J.Rizzo is underrated as an opener. does a job with babo and bats for lengthy periods. but is very slow between wickets and can cost em

i reckon st francis are a danger team, they failed miserably against st andrews(who cares got the points) but are young and will learn, well lead from again, another young fella. i reckon J.Rizzo is underrated as an opener. does a job with babo and bats for lengthy periods. but is very slow between wickets and can cost em

Lenko;293912 said:
Bowler: Newton and Costello carry their respective teams bowling attacks.

Batsman: I see Jontyfromsa commenting on Zoran, I never seen him make a run against us and always looked to smash everything. Parker and Taylors experience make them such good batsmen. Jolley is pretty correct and has a mix of powerhitting and cricket smarts to turn the strike. I really dont know if you need a technique to make runs in this comp. Ive seen a lot of people get away with ugly techniques i.e. Roberts (WC), Woods (MH) and Eilers (SFDS).

Fieldsman: Costello, Greenwood, Wernham and Babo. Im backing JontyfromSA to be a gun fieldsman also judging by his alias.

definitely newton, costelo, adams best bowlers by a long way.

Batsmen- babo is the best by a mile but is susceptible to being bowled on leg stump as he moves across and leaves it open!!! Parker and taylor use their experience well but particularly with nev if u set the correct field you can negate his scoring, he is very intellegent though!! jolley is a gun, hits solid shots and milks singles well. hasnt got going this year though!!
ugly techniques do get runs in our comp. eilers has proved that but roberts hasnt really got many runs ever!! i dont know how he gets a game at wests. would make a good 2s captain though!!

Lenko;293912 said:
Bowler: Newton and Costello carry their respective teams bowling attacks.

Batsman: I see Jontyfromsa commenting on Zoran, I never seen him make a run against us and always looked to smash everything. Parker and Taylors experience make them such good batsmen. Jolley is pretty correct and has a mix of powerhitting and cricket smarts to turn the strike. I really dont know if you need a technique to make runs in this comp. Ive seen a lot of people get away with ugly techniques i.e. Roberts (WC), Woods (MH) and Eilers (SFDS).

Fieldsman: Costello, Greenwood, Wernham and Babo. Im backing JontyfromSA to be a gun fieldsman also judging by his alias.

definitely newton, costelo, adams best bowlers by a long way.

Batsmen- babo is the best by a mile but is susceptible to being bowled on leg stump as he moves across and leaves it open!!! Parker and taylor use their experience well but particularly with nev if u set the correct field you can negate his scoring, he is very intellegent though!! jolley is a gun, hits solid shots and milks singles well. hasnt got going this year though!!
ugly techniques do get runs in our comp. eilers has proved that but roberts hasnt really got many runs ever!! i dont know how he gets a game at wests. would make a good 2s captain though!!

bcricket;293954 said:
i havent dropped a catch in 2 years champ!

bcricket

bcricket:

I have a really big tip for you.

GET A NEW KEYBOARD FOR YOUR COMPUTER - it seems to be stuck on I.

I this, I that, I have not dropped a catch, I am a .......

Then it was stuck on that one, I am a team player. I + I + I + I does not equal team player.

I think you have nothing. I think no one give a toss about the I boy.

I feel sorry for harry and tuffes for having to play with you.

bcricket;293954 said:
i havent dropped a catch in 2 years champ!

bcricket

bcricket:

I have a really big tip for you.

GET A NEW KEYBOARD FOR YOUR COMPUTER - it seems to be stuck on I.

I this, I that, I have not dropped a catch, I am a .......

Then it was stuck on that one, I am a team player. I + I + I + I does not equal team player.

I think you have nothing. I think no one give a toss about the I boy.

I feel sorry for harry and tuffes for having to play with you.

ice cold;293959 said:

He's certainly overrated as an athlete. Slow and fat between the wickets, fields no where but first slip and has struggled this year after getting a few in the first game.

Rizzo needs to learn to respect the game and he will be a better cricketer. Saw his innings against St Andrews and go swinging like he did in the situation they were in shows alot about his cricket smarts, no lack of them. You can't get any and then gob off all day at first slip all day champ- learn to bat not swing and the game will then start to respect you as well.

ice cold;293959 said:

He's certainly overrated as an athlete. Slow and fat between the wickets, fields no where but first slip and has struggled this year after getting a few in the first game.

Rizzo needs to learn to respect the game and he will be a better cricketer. Saw his innings against St Andrews and go swinging like he did in the situation they were in shows alot about his cricket smarts, no lack of them. You can't get any and then gob off all day at first slip all day champ- learn to bat not swing and the game will then start to respect you as well.

bcricket;293922 said:
an idiot thats abit rough. smoke will bowl to me forsure in round 11 cant wait.
if he bowls anywhere near my head he wont be in the attack very long just like he wasnt in the granny!

bcricket

Hey bcricket, you on school holidays champ- gone missing but now that your VCE is finished you've got nothing to do, lucky us:eek:

bcricket;293922 said:
an idiot thats abit rough. smoke will bowl to me forsure in round 11 cant wait.
if he bowls anywhere near my head he wont be in the attack very long just like he wasnt in the granny!

bcricket

Hey bcricket, you on school holidays champ- gone missing but now that your VCE is finished you've got nothing to do, lucky us:eek:

Guru14;293992 said:

rizzo is definitely slow between the wickets. very slow! maybe if he stopped talking for a minute or two he would be able to focus on cricket. he does give some resistance though with the bat but cant play a yorker, even a slower bowler!! bats to far outside leg! needs to loose some weight and might be a better prospect. oh and shut up

Guru14;293992 said:

rizzo is definitely slow between the wickets. very slow! maybe if he stopped talking for a minute or two he would be able to focus on cricket. he does give some resistance though with the bat but cant play a yorker, even a slower bowler!! bats to far outside leg! needs to loose some weight and might be a better prospect. oh and shut up

wal05;294007 said:

rizzo does talk allot on the field but its more whitle line fever than anything. off the field is a good bloke and enjoys a beer afer the match. apart from his mouth his batting is quiet solid and can be tough to get out but can also bog the team down at times. often gets himself out.

wal05;294007 said:

rizzo does talk allot on the field but its more whitle line fever than anything. off the field is a good bloke and enjoys a beer afer the match. apart from his mouth his batting is quiet solid and can be tough to get out but can also bog the team down at times. often gets himself out.

bcricket;293906 said:
Na no spot in the 1 dayers for me mate.
Doesnt matter where i play as long as i am doing my best to win games for the club. Nothing wrong with playing in the 2nds mate isnt that where u play most of ur cricket??
dont take ur cricket to serious otherwise u mite be dissapointed with ur efforts remember it is only a hobby and something to do on a saturday! Nothing beats playin with ur mates.

bcricket:cool:

It's pretty obvious to all on this site FFNB how no mates. I'm fairly sure there are plenty who would like to find out who he is and watch him runaway and hide when he is outed.

bcricket;293906 said:
Na no spot in the 1 dayers for me mate.
Doesnt matter where i play as long as i am doing my best to win games for the club. Nothing wrong with playing in the 2nds mate isnt that where u play most of ur cricket??
dont take ur cricket to serious otherwise u mite be dissapointed with ur efforts remember it is only a hobby and something to do on a saturday! Nothing beats playin with ur mates.

bcricket:cool:

It's pretty obvious to all on this site FFNB how no mates. I'm fairly sure there are plenty who would like to find out who he is and watch him runaway and hide when he is outed.

ice cold;294024 said:

Sounds like my type of bloke.

ice cold;294024 said:

Sounds like my type of bloke.

Best batsmen has to go by performance and babo is obviously having an outstanding year thus far. Punky is doing his bit as always and is a very stubborn batsmen to get out.

Best bowlers would have to be Newton, Adams and Costello. very good start to the year, especially with smokes hat trick last game. Adams with no luck is bowling the best i have ever seen him bowl. Costello just continuously bowls his heart out and carries the bowling attack of St.. francis without a doubt.

Fielders i say is greenwood for west and babo.

Best batsmen has to go by performance and babo is obviously having an outstanding year thus far. Punky is doing his bit as always and is a very stubborn batsmen to get out.

Best bowlers would have to be Newton, Adams and Costello. very good start to the year, especially with smokes hat trick last game. Adams with no luck is bowling the best i have ever seen him bowl. Costello just continuously bowls his heart out and carries the bowling attack of St.. francis without a doubt.

Boundary Marker;294084 said:

Bryce and Dom from pascoe must be looked at surely..

Boundary Marker;294084 said:

hagman;294086 said:
You may be right but as always people forget about players in the teams that havent won many games. Everyone is being noticed from the high end of the table.

hagman;294086 said:
You may be right but as always people forget about players in the teams that havent won many games. Everyone is being noticed from the high end of the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back