mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

putabellintheball;298401 said:
Completely agree here. not only do you not know that facts regarding a particular player - you dont know what job they have been asked to do by their captain.

Well I am pretty sure that they would not have been asked to do nothing. Which is pretty much what a lot of these blokes have done.

I personally don't have a problem with this topic. Nobody is forced to play this game of cricket. And if players are continually going to let their side down then they need to be exposed as the imposters that they are. There are too many blokes in this competition just riding on the backs of their team-mates' performances without making even a token contribution. These are the same blokes that will selfishly hold out their hand and accept a premiership medallion at seasons end should their side be successful.

Name and shame I say. Honesty always the best policy

putabellintheball;298401 said:
Completely agree here. not only do you not know that facts regarding a particular player - you dont know what job they have been asked to do by their captain.

Well I am pretty sure that they would not have been asked to do nothing. Which is pretty much what a lot of these blokes have done.

I personally don't have a problem with this topic. Nobody is forced to play this game of cricket. And if players are continually going to let their side down then they need to be exposed as the imposters that they are. There are too many blokes in this competition just riding on the backs of their team-mates' performances without making even a token contribution. These are the same blokes that will selfishly hold out their hand and accept a premiership medallion at seasons end should their side be successful.

Komodo Dragon;298428 said:

OK, I don't believe you'll have a crack at players and name and shame, which I believe proves nothing, but lets see how much of a judge of a cricketer you are, so here's your chance to have a free go at how I play the game and my ability.:) Now be honest!

Komodo Dragon;298428 said:

OK, I don't believe you'll have a crack at players and name and shame, which I believe proves nothing, but lets see how much of a judge of a cricketer you are, so here's your chance to have a free go at how I play the game and my ability.:) Now be honest!

bomber27;298436 said:

The big thing for me is that unless you know who is offering the constructive criticism, it is worthless. Dont pot someone from behind a computer screen and an alias.

:rolleyes:

bomber27;298436 said:

The big thing for me is that unless you know who is offering the constructive criticism, it is worthless. Dont pot someone from behind a computer screen and an alias.

:rolleyes:

essendon2000;298305 said:
frontfootnoball
Watch yourself or might find a stump heading your way short man....
keep having a go at umpires your heading in the right direction;).
stay seated behind your computer little girl

At the end of the day your a poor excuse for an umpire!!
Now run away and go peel some oranges.

essendon2000;298305 said:
frontfootnoball
Watch yourself or might find a stump heading your way short man....
keep having a go at umpires your heading in the right direction;).
stay seated behind your computer little girl

bomber27;298436 said:

You have picked a good time to pose that question champ as you currently seem to be at the height of your powers. Your performances this year have been impressive although against modest attacks. Perhaps your decision to dispense with the gloves this season has been a productive one. You have obviously played a big part in your teams' resurgence this season but it would be remiss of your side to believe that you could sustain your efforts. I think you have over-achieved to this point Woody but hope you can prove me wrong down the track. All the best. Merry Christmas.

bomber27;298436 said:

You have picked a good time to pose that question champ as you currently seem to be at the height of your powers. Your performances this year have been impressive although against modest attacks. Perhaps your decision to dispense with the gloves this season has been a productive one. You have obviously played a big part in your teams' resurgence this season but it would be remiss of your side to believe that you could sustain your efforts. I think you have over-achieved to this point Woody but hope you can prove me wrong down the track. All the best. Merry Christmas.

FRONTFOOTNOBALL;298473 said:

i would rather be a poor excuse for a umpire that everyone on here knows then a cockroach that takes pot shots at everyone here

FRONTFOOTNOBALL;298473 said:

i would rather be a poor excuse for a umpire that everyone on here knows then a cockroach that takes pot shots at everyone here

Once again I log on to find a number of reported posts and a thread full of petty arguments. If you lot can't settle down then this thread will be put on pre-approval before any posts can appear.

If people start to name other members against their wishes that user will be banned permanently - you have been warned.

Once again I log on to find a number of reported posts and a thread full of petty arguments. If you lot can't settle down then this thread will be put on pre-approval before any posts can appear.

If people start to name other members against their wishes that user will be banned permanently - you have been warned.

To all the sooks and laggers who keep reporting posts, you are worse than those who don't name themselves. Stop whingeing or you will ruin it for everybody.

To all the sooks and laggers who keep reporting posts, you are worse than those who don't name themselves. Stop whingeing or you will ruin it for everybody.

givemeago;298685 said:
Okay we have all been warned so i pose this ?
Who has the best and worst Afternoon Tea

I always use to look forward to the St. Francis arvo tea. Was always sensational...Not sure now though. Been a couple of years since I played against them. Special mention to Sunshine...

givemeago;298685 said:

I always use to look forward to the St. Francis arvo tea. Was always sensational...Not sure now though. Been a couple of years since I played against them. Special mention to Sunshine...

Hirdy05_;298721 said:

sunshine always have loads of rolls
st andrews was excellent last week
haig is BAD!

Hirdy05_;298721 said:

sunshine always have loads of rolls
st andrews was excellent last week
haig is BAD!

givemeago;298685 said:

What about a banned list from arvo teas- Boston Bun or maybe bbq shapes? There are obviously things that just shouldn't be served up at afternoon tea

givemeago;298685 said:

What about a banned list from arvo teas- Boston Bun or maybe bbq shapes? There are obviously things that just shouldn't be served up at afternoon tea

Komodo Dragon;298516 said:

I think you are being a little harsh on Woodsy and us (GCC), I wouldn't say our bowling attack is MODEST, Ward, S Pipe, Chisholm all very good bowlers and ably backed up by Greaney, Watson and co. His knock was very good, does play in the air and with lots of bottom hand but played aggresively and within his strengths. Not sure who Merlo have played before us, but i would've definitely thought our attack is very good on it's day. Have you played against Woodys this year?

Anyway Guys, Merry Christmas to all and i hope the cricket talk continues. By the way, i thought Merlo's afternoon tea last week was very good and St Mary's is always good with John Grants handy contribution down there. Good luck to all after the break.

I think you are being a little harsh on Woodsy and us (GCC), I wouldn't say our bowling attack is MODEST, Ward, S Pipe, Chisholm all very good bowlers and ably backed up by Greaney, Watson and co. His knock was very good, does play in the air and with lots of bottom hand but played aggresively and within his strengths. Not sure who Merlo have played before us, but i would've definitely thought our attack is very good on it's day. Have you played against Woodys this year?

Anyway Guys, Merry Christmas to all and i hope the cricket talk continues. By the way, i thought Merlo's afternoon tea last week was very good and St Mary's is always good with John Grants handy contribution down there. Good luck to all after the break.

when i was playing at East Brunswick we had to run around to the shop near Tea time and grab packs of chips, Tim Tams, donuts, wateva we could grab. Not in the dieticians book i know, but when your 17 it didnt matter!

Have a great Xmas and a very safe and happy new year boys.

when i was playing at East Brunswick we had to run around to the shop near Tea time and grab packs of chips, Tim Tams, donuts, wateva we could grab. Not in the dieticians book i know, but when your 17 it didnt matter!

mmvca;298809 said:

Merry Christmas Fellars all the best and happy new year.
Enjoy the break. Dont party too hard.
Go the Mary's in 2009!

mmvca;298809 said:

Merry Christmas Fellars all the best and happy new year.
Enjoy the break. Dont party too hard.
Go the Mary's in 2009!

Thanks Komodo, not much I can argue about there.
The main point I was trying to get across to others such as RooBoy, with this post is that if you're going to have a crack at a players ability then put a reason to it, rather than just label them as the worst player at a club.

Cheers Boys, All the best for Christmas and look forward to what looks like a great finish to the season.:)

The main point I was trying to get across to others such as RooBoy, with this post is that if you're going to have a crack at a players ability then put a reason to it, rather than just label them as the worst player at a club.

Cheers Boys, All the best for Christmas and look forward to what looks like a great finish to the season.:)

bomber27;298882 said:

I was merely asking guys opinions of others, i didnt say not to back up their opinion. By the feedback so far, I am more than happyt o drop the request and get on with talking cricket!

as others have said it is difficult when jugeing players ability just from scorecards, but if thats good enough for determining "good" players why not for the ones struggling at the moment. Maybe i should change my wording from worst, to those that need some improvement and to offer any tips to fix peoples weaknesses!! Thats more constructive!:D

bomber27;298882 said:

I was merely asking guys opinions of others, i didnt say not to back up their opinion. By the feedback so far, I am more than happyt o drop the request and get on with talking cricket!

as others have said it is difficult when jugeing players ability just from scorecards, but if thats good enough for determining "good" players why not for the ones struggling at the moment. Maybe i should change my wording from worst, to those that need some improvement and to offer any tips to fix peoples weaknesses!! Thats more constructive!:D

Always a great spread at Sunshine! Good job boys.

As far as banned list of foods - I think biscuits are a cop out.

Have a great XMas all and hope it is a safe one.

Best of luck to all in 2009!

Go Easts!

:D

Always a great spread at Sunshine! Good job boys.

As far as banned list of foods - I think biscuits are a cop out.

Have a great XMas all and hope it is a safe one.

Best of luck to all in 2009!

Go Easts!

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back