mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

Looks like classys not very classy, that comment of yours is just downright stupid, cause after smoke gets paid theres nothing left. You are not very bright if you believe your comment classy.

Im all class and i know for a fact that there first 11 players get money cause i was there for a washout one week and about 5 of there players where winging that they dont get paid when its rained out.
My comments are based on facts and thats class my fellow chumps!!

Looks like classys not very classy, that comment of yours is just downright stupid, cause after smoke gets paid theres nothing left. You are not very bright if you believe your comment classy.

Im all class and i know for a fact that there first 11 players get money cause i was there for a washout one week and about 5 of there players where winging that they dont get paid when its rained out.

classy;307085 said:

That means i am getting screwed.............played a couple of games and have not recieved a cent.

I will take this to our commitee and can you be my charachter reference to prove my claim.

It may be because the FAB 5 get paid so much they cant fit me in the salary cap.

My manager is sacked, FOS you have let me down

classy;307085 said:

That means i am getting screwed.............played a couple of games and have not recieved a cent.

I will take this to our commitee and can you be my charachter reference to prove my claim.

It may be because the FAB 5 get paid so much they cant fit me in the salary cap.

Deano;307119 said:

Oh well not to worry im sure as a token gesture by jolley that they will give you the priveledge of putting the covers down for the next home game and gettn up early on saturday to pick the covers up.
They will also probably get you to prepare the pitch and do the cones as well!

Deano;307119 said:

Oh well not to worry im sure as a token gesture by jolley that they will give you the priveledge of putting the covers down for the next home game and gettn up early on saturday to pick the covers up.
They will also probably get you to prepare the pitch and do the cones as well!

Was there watching the Sunny Heights V St. Marys game, ST. Marys bowling attack didn't look all that crash hot to me. Good season so for heights lead by a young captain who seems to be growing into the role. A young squad as well and next two seasons Heights are going to be pushing a lot of the top 3 teams.

Was there watching the Sunny Heights V St. Marys game, ST. Marys bowling attack didn't look all that crash hot to me. Good season so for heights lead by a young captain who seems to be growing into the role. A young squad as well and next two seasons Heights are going to be pushing a lot of the top 3 teams.

Credit to West Coburgs bowling attack this season they have really carried their batting.

Looking at their teams statistics I see their opening bowler (Appleyard) being their highest runs scorer (correct me if im wrong). I know Callum can hold a bat but I think the likes of Greenwood, Nader and Portelli would need to start contributing more often as a patient opposition batting lineup (St Andrews, St Francis, St Marys) can cause the Redbacks trouble come March.

Well done to Sunshine on their win. I think they have the ability to roll any side on their day its just a matter of consistency for them.

Credit to West Coburgs bowling attack this season they have really carried their batting.

Looking at their teams statistics I see their opening bowler (Appleyard) being their highest runs scorer (correct me if im wrong). I know Callum can hold a bat but I think the likes of Greenwood, Nader and Portelli would need to start contributing more often as a patient opposition batting lineup (St Andrews, St Francis, St Marys) can cause the Redbacks trouble come March.

Well done to Sunshine on their win. I think they have the ability to roll any side on their day its just a matter of consistency for them.

classy;307085 said:

Classy you tool. I don't know why I am even answering your comments
Now just for a lesson for you Classy so your club can build a side like we have.

Nev Taylor life member and will do anything for the club (coached for 6 years) $0
Chris David Friend of Dave Jolley so playing with him $0
Jim Marinos great person just likes the social side and will play anywhere $0
Dave Jolley captain/coach $ yes
Gav Tapner just wanted to play at a successful club $0
Ryan Doidge life member and just loves the club $0
Matt Woodhouse came to play with mates and got selected in one's $0
Sc & Sh Wernham liked our club when playing against and came to us $0
George Salerno life member just loves cricket $0
Paul Newton one phone call from Gav and straight to us $0
Denis Ryan been winning flags in oneday grade and stepped up $0 Mick Hamilton great team man and will do anything for club $0

So the winning formula is to not pay any players so there is no bitching as to why does he get this and I don't,( maybe at your club they like to bitch )

To have players stay at the club to become life members ( maybe your club can't hold onto any players and they leave to go to a better club )

To have mates bring players to the club because they feel good about the club ( maybe nobody feels your club is any good )

To try and have a good family club where kids and wifes and girlfriends are welcome ( maybe your club doesn't cater for the family )

Try to be a well run club ( maybe your club is not well run )

Put all this together and more and you do not have to pay players they will come and want to play at our club.

But maybe after yesterdays results the cheque's have cleared.

classy;307085 said:

Classy you tool. I don't know why I am even answering your comments
Now just for a lesson for you Classy so your club can build a side like we have.

Nev Taylor life member and will do anything for the club (coached for 6 years) $0
Chris David Friend of Dave Jolley so playing with him $0
Jim Marinos great person just likes the social side and will play anywhere $0
Dave Jolley captain/coach $ yes
Gav Tapner just wanted to play at a successful club $0
Ryan Doidge life member and just loves the club $0
Matt Woodhouse came to play with mates and got selected in one's $0
Sc & Sh Wernham liked our club when playing against and came to us $0
George Salerno life member just loves cricket $0
Paul Newton one phone call from Gav and straight to us $0
Denis Ryan been winning flags in oneday grade and stepped up $0 Mick Hamilton great team man and will do anything for club $0

So the winning formula is to not pay any players so there is no bitching as to why does he get this and I don't,( maybe at your club they like to bitch )

To have players stay at the club to become life members ( maybe your club can't hold onto any players and they leave to go to a better club )

To have mates bring players to the club because they feel good about the club ( maybe nobody feels your club is any good )

To try and have a good family club where kids and wifes and girlfriends are welcome ( maybe your club doesn't cater for the family )

Try to be a well run club ( maybe your club is not well run )

Put all this together and more and you do not have to pay players they will come and want to play at our club.

But maybe after yesterdays results the cheque's have cleared.

Lenko;307564 said:

i would have to agree with these comments. wests are struggling with the bat. no tars no runs it seems. i think there has been a few big points come out of round 8 which can expose certain individuals and teams.

here we go
game 1
the first game doesnt tell us much really barkly st and easts are nothing flash but on their day can both be dangerous. no summerfield for barkly. does anyone know why?

game 2
highlights st marys inconsistant nature. can be very hit or miss and come finals time teams like this usually fall over. looking at the draw there is a good chance they will miss out if they drop this weeks game to st frances.

sunshine have shown to be a side who is building and are starting to show that in comming years they will be ultra competitive.

game 3
st frances whilst having another steady top order start to the innings have taken 37 overs to bowl out the lackluster socials team. this highlights the lack of bowling depth at st frances something required to win finals. best bowler mat costelo not getting a wicket!

game 4
this one was a big one. firstly glenroy are now gone. tough run home and no finals for them. huge reliance on parker with the bat. pipe who has got a couple of scores is simply as hitter and is very over rated. wardy is the gun with the ball but in a final is easy enough to keep out from one end with not much at the other end.

st andrews show again a reliance on one or two of their well know stars to do the job, particularly nev who is having a great season. seasons are long though will the long season takes its toll on the old man come finals and 4 day cricket. yes it will. they scored 204 with the majority of runs comming from 3 men, nev, gav who is hit or miss and woodhouse who is not a great bat. we are all still waiting for dave to pop up with a score this season. is he gone? yes he is. they also carry marinos who i dont think has ever made a run but is a good guy. newts carries their bowling and is clearly a gun, is quite chunky though and in a 4 day match may lack fitness. st andrews are still a massive threat but there a big signs that they are on the decline which will make many opposing clubs smile. dont write them off.......................yet

game 5

this game shows us that merlo have been playing above themselves till now and perhaps their young talent has a long way to go. i think due to their easy run home they will sneak into 4th but be easy pickings for the top team in the semi. punky remains the only real light with the bat. he has been great this season but too is aging in a long season with a 4 day granny questions will be asked. murray has proven that he is not a bat. all the talk by himself of how he will show everyone how good he is when he gets the chance is now even more laughable as he is averaging ?????????. good work big bucks. how much are you going to refund the club? i have to say a big well dont to their young bowlers as they have tried their hearts out but as i mentioned earlier still have a way to go.

west coburg many will say are flag favourites. this is interesting. yes they sit ontop of the ladder a game clear but in the game of cricket someone needs to make runs. huge questions have to be asked about their batting. names like roberts, nader, portelli and pas need to stand up and contribute. they may get away with being passengers during the season but not in finals.
here are the teams averages this season
law 22
greenwood 15
roberts 15
nader 21
portelli 15 and is never ever out
pas 15

now they have gone and pulled out mehalakos from somewhere. he is a has been and he handt even been very good. but good luck to him cos he will need to make plenty more runs to save wests batting line up.\
\they do have a great bowling line up led by cal who is a gun. but can they defend 120 or 130 in a final?

Lenko;307564 said:

i would have to agree with these comments. wests are struggling with the bat. no tars no runs it seems. i think there has been a few big points come out of round 8 which can expose certain individuals and teams.

here we go
game 1
the first game doesnt tell us much really barkly st and easts are nothing flash but on their day can both be dangerous. no summerfield for barkly. does anyone know why?

game 2
highlights st marys inconsistant nature. can be very hit or miss and come finals time teams like this usually fall over. looking at the draw there is a good chance they will miss out if they drop this weeks game to st frances.

sunshine have shown to be a side who is building and are starting to show that in comming years they will be ultra competitive.

game 3
st frances whilst having another steady top order start to the innings have taken 37 overs to bowl out the lackluster socials team. this highlights the lack of bowling depth at st frances something required to win finals. best bowler mat costelo not getting a wicket!

game 4
this one was a big one. firstly glenroy are now gone. tough run home and no finals for them. huge reliance on parker with the bat. pipe who has got a couple of scores is simply as hitter and is very over rated. wardy is the gun with the ball but in a final is easy enough to keep out from one end with not much at the other end.

st andrews show again a reliance on one or two of their well know stars to do the job, particularly nev who is having a great season. seasons are long though will the long season takes its toll on the old man come finals and 4 day cricket. yes it will. they scored 204 with the majority of runs comming from 3 men, nev, gav who is hit or miss and woodhouse who is not a great bat. we are all still waiting for dave to pop up with a score this season. is he gone? yes he is. they also carry marinos who i dont think has ever made a run but is a good guy. newts carries their bowling and is clearly a gun, is quite chunky though and in a 4 day match may lack fitness. st andrews are still a massive threat but there a big signs that they are on the decline which will make many opposing clubs smile. dont write them off.......................yet

game 5

this game shows us that merlo have been playing above themselves till now and perhaps their young talent has a long way to go. i think due to their easy run home they will sneak into 4th but be easy pickings for the top team in the semi. punky remains the only real light with the bat. he has been great this season but too is aging in a long season with a 4 day granny questions will be asked. murray has proven that he is not a bat. all the talk by himself of how he will show everyone how good he is when he gets the chance is now even more laughable as he is averaging ?????????. good work big bucks. how much are you going to refund the club? i have to say a big well dont to their young bowlers as they have tried their hearts out but as i mentioned earlier still have a way to go.

west coburg many will say are flag favourites. this is interesting. yes they sit ontop of the ladder a game clear but in the game of cricket someone needs to make runs. huge questions have to be asked about their batting. names like roberts, nader, portelli and pas need to stand up and contribute. they may get away with being passengers during the season but not in finals.
here are the teams averages this season
law 22
greenwood 15
roberts 15
nader 21
portelli 15 and is never ever out
pas 15

now they have gone and pulled out mehalakos from somewhere. he is a has been and he handt even been very good. but good luck to him cos he will need to make plenty more runs to save wests batting line up.\
\they do have a great bowling line up led by cal who is a gun. but can they defend 120 or 130 in a final?

wal05;307603 said:
oh forgot to mention pascoe vale who lost to haig
all i have to say is
hahahhahahaahhaha

would like to hear from the pacco ppl as to what went wrong?? theres always an excuse. i have an excuse u boys can use..."we are sh*t"

wal05;307603 said:
oh forgot to mention pascoe vale who lost to haig
all i have to say is
hahahhahahaahhaha

would like to hear from the pacco ppl as to what went wrong?? theres always an excuse. i have an excuse u boys can use..."we are sh*t"

Some interesting points you make Wal. Some I agree with and some I don't. I hope your right, in that we finish fourth. And from what I saw on Saturday and with our team no where near settled yet, I would enjoy another crack at West Coburg.

Some interesting points you make Wal. Some I agree with and some I don't. I hope your right, in that we finish fourth. And from what I saw on Saturday and with our team no where near settled yet, I would enjoy another crack at West Coburg.

bomber27;308190 said:

yea wests while they have to be favorites are very very beatable, they can even beat themselves. i am sure most teams would be happy to play them due to their lack of batsmen and recent finals record.

bomber27;308190 said:

yea wests while they have to be favorites are very very beatable, they can even beat themselves. i am sure most teams would be happy to play them due to their lack of batsmen and recent finals record.

Well, well Wal05- let's just say I have taken you comments on board and thank you for your insight. I'm happy that you have saved your wrath for me as my side can told their head up after Saturday. Being a wonderful judge of stats and not actually watching the game you would be unware it was a pretty close thing. We were probably 15 runs light in the wash up and West Coburg bowled very well on a not so great deck. We were well aware that their batting was the key to the game and their owner saved the game for them, Chippy did a good job on a pitch which was extremely difficult to umpire on. We will move on from here and look at putting our best foot forward for the rest of the season we are still in the race all be it a tough one but we'll be alright.
I look forward to coming up against you Wal or do you just comment from the sidelines which seems to happen alot on this site but thems the breaks.

I put myself in the firing line so as to take the pressure off my young guys and if you want to take pot shots from the cheap seats good luck to you. You comments have plenty of merit as we sit with 4 rounds to be played, I hope you are right and we make the finals and get another shot at Wests, I have the confidence in my own ability but more importantly in my sides ability to turn up each week and play good cricket. You play as well as the conditions allow and you win some and you lose some. We lost this one and I think we were desperately unlucky to, so it's back to training to work on the areas we need to get right as a cricket club and get better. If that's a problem for you and your computer of stats well stiff sh*t, and once again thanks for run down on my season so far, GFY!

Well, well Wal05- let's just say I have taken you comments on board and thank you for your insight. I'm happy that you have saved your wrath for me as my side can told their head up after Saturday. Being a wonderful judge of stats and not actually watching the game you would be unware it was a pretty close thing. We were probably 15 runs light in the wash up and West Coburg bowled very well on a not so great deck. We were well aware that their batting was the key to the game and their owner saved the game for them, Chippy did a good job on a pitch which was extremely difficult to umpire on. We will move on from here and look at putting our best foot forward for the rest of the season we are still in the race all be it a tough one but we'll be alright.
I look forward to coming up against you Wal or do you just comment from the sidelines which seems to happen alot on this site but thems the breaks.

I put myself in the firing line so as to take the pressure off my young guys and if you want to take pot shots from the cheap seats good luck to you. You comments have plenty of merit as we sit with 4 rounds to be played, I hope you are right and we make the finals and get another shot at Wests, I have the confidence in my own ability but more importantly in my sides ability to turn up each week and play good cricket. You play as well as the conditions allow and you win some and you lose some. We lost this one and I think we were desperately unlucky to, so it's back to training to work on the areas we need to get right as a cricket club and get better. If that's a problem for you and your computer of stats well stiff sh*t, and once again thanks for run down on my season so far, GFY!

bomber27;308190 said:

Thanks Bomber- I think

bomber27;308190 said:

Thanks Bomber- I think

Guru14;308211 said:

ease up there Guru....take a chill pill. the more you get on here and have to justify yourself the more you dig a hole and look silly......

kick back Merlo have done a great job this year....be happy with that and let the talking happen on the field..

Guru14;308211 said:

ease up there Guru....take a chill pill. the more you get on here and have to justify yourself the more you dig a hole and look silly......

kick back Merlo have done a great job this year....be happy with that and let the talking happen on the field..

RooBoy;308362 said:

Roo boy was I justifying myself or was I taking the heat, well deserve heat from Wal. I agree with him on certain facts, merlo have started the season well we just need to finish it off and get a result from the work we have put in before Xmas thas's all i was saying.

RooBoy;308362 said:

Roo boy was I justifying myself or was I taking the heat, well deserve heat from Wal. I agree with him on certain facts, merlo have started the season well we just need to finish it off and get a result from the work we have put in before Xmas thas's all i was saying.

Boys just wondering if there was any other games where the wicket was ordinary. I find it amusing that the council has 3 weeks to prepare a wicket and Morris gets served up with the worst one I have seen all year. Reports from Hallam was the wicket was not great which is a same because the wickets there have been great all year, as I'm sure the guys who have played there will confirm. Apparently the council don't want clubs to prepare their own wickets because people will lose their jobs, if one of my employees work was sub standard then they would lose their job! If your going to do it put some time and effort, employ more staff if it ensures it gets better results. Maybe they should look at a curator/manager who oversees all wickets but does not work on them but supervises the work being and shows direction to his staff which in turn will make them better groundsman, only a thought

Boys just wondering if there was any other games where the wicket was ordinary. I find it amusing that the council has 3 weeks to prepare a wicket and Morris gets served up with the worst one I have seen all year. Reports from Hallam was the wicket was not great which is a same because the wickets there have been great all year, as I'm sure the guys who have played there will confirm. Apparently the council don't want clubs to prepare their own wickets because people will lose their jobs, if one of my employees work was sub standard then they would lose their job! If your going to do it put some time and effort, employ more staff if it ensures it gets better results. Maybe they should look at a curator/manager who oversees all wickets but does not work on them but supervises the work being and shows direction to his staff which in turn will make them better groundsman, only a thought

Guru14;308390 said:

Our wicket was fine (Brearley). Played fairly consistent all day. A few kept low but you expect that. Considering the runs scored the wicket was fine.

I think for the fees paid the wickets in general are ordinary.

I would rather pay half those fees to the council for the appropriate rates and the other half to a curator to look after our own wicket.

Essentially does not cost the club any more but we woudl get much better tracks I believe.

We need the whole table at Brearley looked at. The slope on the pitch is silly. Not to mention the table is not long enough so when the bowlers come into deliver, the last stride is on the up slope.

Surely the council should be made to fix that?

Guru14;308390 said:

Our wicket was fine (Brearley). Played fairly consistent all day. A few kept low but you expect that. Considering the runs scored the wicket was fine.

I think for the fees paid the wickets in general are ordinary.

I would rather pay half those fees to the council for the appropriate rates and the other half to a curator to look after our own wicket.

Essentially does not cost the club any more but we woudl get much better tracks I believe.

We need the whole table at Brearley looked at. The slope on the pitch is silly. Not to mention the table is not long enough so when the bowlers come into deliver, the last stride is on the up slope.

Surely the council should be made to fix that?

Guru14;308211 said:

Guru whilst your form has been off personally with the bat your coaching seems to be going well. i think the young blokes at merlo have done a great job so far. as far as the bad deck goes, in this comp it is always going to be a factor unfortunately but both teams must play on it so i guess thats just cricket. i also look foreward to coming up against u mate and im sure we will enjoy a cold beer and a good laugh afterwards. i do enjoy your competitive spirit. i too think it is admirable that u put yourself out there to take the heat for the kids but lighten up mate. relax and get some runs. cricket should be enjoyed.

Guru14;308211 said:

Guru whilst your form has been off personally with the bat your coaching seems to be going well. i think the young blokes at merlo have done a great job so far. as far as the bad deck goes, in this comp it is always going to be a factor unfortunately but both teams must play on it so i guess thats just cricket. i also look foreward to coming up against u mate and im sure we will enjoy a cold beer and a good laugh afterwards. i do enjoy your competitive spirit. i too think it is admirable that u put yourself out there to take the heat for the kids but lighten up mate. relax and get some runs. cricket should be enjoyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back