mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

wal05;308434 said:
Guru whilst your form has been off personally with the bat your coaching seems to be going well. i think the young blokes at merlo have done a great job so far. as far as the bad deck goes, in this comp it is always going to be a factor unfortunately but both teams must play on it so i guess thats just cricket. i also look foreward to coming up against u mate and im sure we will enjoy a cold beer and a good laugh afterwards. i do enjoy your competitive spirit. i too think it is admirable that u put yourself out there to take the heat for the kids but lighten up mate. relax and get some runs. cricket should be enjoyed.

Wal I agree with the fact that both sides play on it but as I tried to say earlier it's maybe a case of just twiking the way the council goes about it. I did read that the cost might be a factor but you could get a good curator at about $200 per week. When I played in the VTCA our curator was one of the best going around and you'd be amazed what you get for $200 a week. Unfortunately the council have a tight hold on the comp re grounds but surely it's a case of getting good guys who want to learn an art because thats what a good curator can do.

Come up and say hi when we play you, I'm always interested in a beer and not necessarily one.

Some good games this weekend!
St Marys v St Francis de Sales Sunshine Heights v Glenroy The Socials v St Andrews
Pascoe Vale v Barkly Street Uniting Church Cricket Club
Haig Amateurs v Merlynston Hadfield West Coburg v East Coburg

How big is the St Marys St Francis game boys?????????

wal05;308434 said:
Guru whilst your form has been off personally with the bat your coaching seems to be going well. i think the young blokes at merlo have done a great job so far. as far as the bad deck goes, in this comp it is always going to be a factor unfortunately but both teams must play on it so i guess thats just cricket. i also look foreward to coming up against u mate and im sure we will enjoy a cold beer and a good laugh afterwards. i do enjoy your competitive spirit. i too think it is admirable that u put yourself out there to take the heat for the kids but lighten up mate. relax and get some runs. cricket should be enjoyed.

Wal I agree with the fact that both sides play on it but as I tried to say earlier it's maybe a case of just twiking the way the council goes about it. I did read that the cost might be a factor but you could get a good curator at about $200 per week. When I played in the VTCA our curator was one of the best going around and you'd be amazed what you get for $200 a week. Unfortunately the council have a tight hold on the comp re grounds but surely it's a case of getting good guys who want to learn an art because thats what a good curator can do.

Come up and say hi when we play you, I'm always interested in a beer and not necessarily one.

St Marys v St Francis de Sales Sunshine Heights v Glenroy The Socials v St Andrews

Guru14;309047 said:

i agree that the pitches could be heaps better but at this level im happy to just turn up and have a laugh with the boys and enjoy a bowl and a hit.

the st marys st frances game is huge. perhaps i need to have a good look at some individuals here..... whatever the result it is a finals shaping game. i dont think st frances have the bowlers to do the job but i guess if they can get a good score on the board they might get the points. they seem to get off to slow starts but 200 in a one dayer is always a tough score to chase i guess. as for st marys. after last weeks big loss they will be hungry for a win but thehy will also be feeling the pressure now. should be a very interesting game. key for marys is to get babo early and if they do i will say they will win.

Guru14;309047 said:

i agree that the pitches could be heaps better but at this level im happy to just turn up and have a laugh with the boys and enjoy a bowl and a hit.

the st marys st frances game is huge. perhaps i need to have a good look at some individuals here..... whatever the result it is a finals shaping game. i dont think st frances have the bowlers to do the job but i guess if they can get a good score on the board they might get the points. they seem to get off to slow starts but 200 in a one dayer is always a tough score to chase i guess. as for st marys. after last weeks big loss they will be hungry for a win but thehy will also be feeling the pressure now. should be a very interesting game. key for marys is to get babo early and if they do i will say they will win.

My Captain said:
Classy you tool. I don't know why I am even answering your comments
Now just for a lesson for you Classy so your club can build a side like we have.

Nev Taylor life member and will do anything for the club (coached for 6 years) $0
Chris David Friend of Dave Jolley so playing with him $0
Jim Marinos great person just likes the social side and will play anywhere $0
Dave Jolley captain/coach $ yes
Gav Tapner just wanted to play at a successful club $0
Ryan Doidge life member and just loves the club $0
Matt Woodhouse came to play with mates and got selected in one's $0
Sc & Sh Wernham liked our club when playing against and came to us $0
George Salerno life member just loves cricket $0
Paul Newton one phone call from Gav and straight to us $0
Denis Ryan been winning flags in oneday grade and stepped up $0 Mick Hamilton great team man and will do anything for club $0

So the winning formula is to not pay any players so there is no bitching as to why does he get this and I don't,( maybe at your club they like to bitch )

To have players stay at the club to become life members ( maybe your club can't hold onto any players and they leave to go to a better club )

To have mates bring players to the club because they feel good about the club ( maybe nobody feels your club is any good )

To try and have a good family club where kids and wifes and girlfriends are welcome ( maybe your club doesn't cater for the family )

Try to be a well run club ( maybe your club is not well run )

Put all this together and more and you do not have to pay players they will come and want to play at our club.

But maybe after yesterdays results the cheque's have cleared.
Classy were are you have you gone in hiding.

My Captain said:
Classy you tool. I don't know why I am even answering your comments
Now just for a lesson for you Classy so your club can build a side like we have.

Nev Taylor life member and will do anything for the club (coached for 6 years) $0
Chris David Friend of Dave Jolley so playing with him $0
Jim Marinos great person just likes the social side and will play anywhere $0
Dave Jolley captain/coach $ yes
Gav Tapner just wanted to play at a successful club $0
Ryan Doidge life member and just loves the club $0
Matt Woodhouse came to play with mates and got selected in one's $0
Sc & Sh Wernham liked our club when playing against and came to us $0
George Salerno life member just loves cricket $0
Paul Newton one phone call from Gav and straight to us $0
Denis Ryan been winning flags in oneday grade and stepped up $0 Mick Hamilton great team man and will do anything for club $0

So the winning formula is to not pay any players so there is no bitching as to why does he get this and I don't,( maybe at your club they like to bitch )

To have players stay at the club to become life members ( maybe your club can't hold onto any players and they leave to go to a better club )

To have mates bring players to the club because they feel good about the club ( maybe nobody feels your club is any good )

To try and have a good family club where kids and wifes and girlfriends are welcome ( maybe your club doesn't cater for the family )

Try to be a well run club ( maybe your club is not well run )

Put all this together and more and you do not have to pay players they will come and want to play at our club.

But maybe after yesterdays results the cheque's have cleared.
Classy were are you have you gone in hiding.

Also were are all the Pacoe boys that were on here. Are they now pointing the blame at the coach or at the new well paid father and son that went to their club this year. Or maybe after the football club pay for all their new recruits, and the father son there might not be any money for the club to keep going like I have said in the past.

Also were are all the Pacoe boys that were on here. Are they now pointing the blame at the coach or at the new well paid father and son that went to their club this year. Or maybe after the football club pay for all their new recruits, and the father son there might not be any money for the club to keep going like I have said in the past.

My Captain said:
We are still here, we are disapointed with our performance it was a sluggish start after xmas but at the end of the day we were poor. We are not blaming father and son at all, father was pick of the bowlers taking 2/16 off 10 and son has not played last 2 games due to injury. We will win the last 4 games easy. :D

My Captain said:
We are still here, we are disapointed with our performance it was a sluggish start after xmas but at the end of the day we were poor. We are not blaming father and son at all, father was pick of the bowlers taking 2/16 off 10 and son has not played last 2 games due to injury. We will win the last 4 games easy. :D

My Captain said:

you seem to be in the know down at Pacco............

My Captain said:

you seem to be in the know down at Pacco............

3D-503;309233 said:
Dont worry about that we are a united club. we have have the players to win the last 4.

Seems to be a lot of clubs who think they can win their last 4, if that's the case should make for some interesting times ahead. Especially round 11:D

3D-503;309233 said:
Dont worry about that we are a united club. we have have the players to win the last 4.

Seems to be a lot of clubs who think they can win their last 4, if that's the case should make for some interesting times ahead. Especially round 11:D

Bite me;309181 said:
Can't quite say but at least 4 def 1's players who has played 90% of there games so far

I have a crack and say Kingy will be one. I'm leading towards maybe Cashy. Catching up with Harry tonight, wonder if he will spill the beans.:D
You guys should be right for numbers especially if the game is played on Sunday.

Bite me;309181 said:
Can't quite say but at least 4 def 1's players who has played 90% of there games so far

I have a crack and say Kingy will be one. I'm leading towards maybe Cashy. Catching up with Harry tonight, wonder if he will spill the beans.:D
You guys should be right for numbers especially if the game is played on Sunday.

Twenty 20 Competition Draw 2009​

Round 1 - Qualifying Matches - Tuesday - January 20

1. Moonee Valley v Sunshine Heights at Ormond Park

2. Pascoe Vale Uniting v Royal Park Reds at Mutton Reserve

3. Ascot Vale v Strathmore Heights at Dunstan Reserve

4. RMIT v Merlynston Hadfield at Fairbairn Park #9

Round 2 - Round of 16 - Tuesday - January 27

St Marys v Pascoe Vale at Monk Oval

Sunshine YCW v Barkly St Uniting at McIvor Reserve

St Francis v Qualifier No 3 at Rayner Reserve

The Socials v Qualifier No 4 at Wallace Reserve

Glenroy v Qualifier No 2 at JP Fawkner

Flemington Colts v Qualifier No 1 at JJ Holland Park

Maribyrnong Park v West Coburg at Walsh Reserve

St Andrews v Aberfeldie St Johns at Cole Reserve #3

Twenty 20 Competition Draw 2009​

Round 1 - Qualifying Matches - Tuesday - January 20

1. Moonee Valley v Sunshine Heights at Ormond Park

2. Pascoe Vale Uniting v Royal Park Reds at Mutton Reserve

3. Ascot Vale v Strathmore Heights at Dunstan Reserve

4. RMIT v Merlynston Hadfield at Fairbairn Park #9

Round 2 - Round of 16 - Tuesday - January 27

St Marys v Pascoe Vale at Monk Oval

Sunshine YCW v Barkly St Uniting at McIvor Reserve

St Francis v Qualifier No 3 at Rayner Reserve

The Socials v Qualifier No 4 at Wallace Reserve

Glenroy v Qualifier No 2 at JP Fawkner

Flemington Colts v Qualifier No 1 at JJ Holland Park

Maribyrnong Park v West Coburg at Walsh Reserve

St Andrews v Aberfeldie St Johns at Cole Reserve #3

bomber27;309358 said:

Nothing gets past you hey bomber.... also Brownie away on a trip

bomber27;309358 said:

Nothing gets past you hey bomber.... also Brownie away on a trip

Guru14;309312 said:

not that it really interests me, but maybe Guru you should take out a wager with the guys down at Pacco for round 11, seeing they didnt give you the job down there this year...........the ultimate payback!!

Guru14;309312 said:

not that it really interests me, but maybe Guru you should take out a wager with the guys down at Pacco for round 11, seeing they didnt give you the job down there this year...........the ultimate payback!!

3D-503;309229 said:
3D good to here from you, if you win the last 4 games I will turn up to the presentation night naked.

3D-503;309229 said:
3D good to here from you, if you win the last 4 games I will turn up to the presentation night naked.

RooBoy;306900 said:
My tips for Round 8

(remembering i got 5 from 6 b4 xmas and picked St Andrews to make 120!)

East Cob to pick up form after xmas and beat BSU - S Cooray to make 75+

St Marys just over Sunny Heights at home - only 10 or so runs in it

St Francis to be given a scare over an improving Socials - Babo out under 10

St Andrews to get over Glenroy in the match of the round - St And bats to fire, and Glenroy bowled out less than 120

Pascoe Vale in winning form to account for Haig - Baravecchio to make 70+, Stevenson to take 4

West Cob to overcome an improving Merlo easily - Wests to make 180+, with Appleyard taking 6

They are my thoughts for the round......good luck to all ;)

TIPS FOR ROUND 1 REPLAY

(last week i only got 3 so i need some improvement)

St Marys v St Fran - seeing its at Hallam res on sunday, I reckon St Fran to run away with easy victory..........

Sunshine v Glenroy - Sunny on a role with a win last week, Perera to take 4 and Stephens 50+

Socials v St Ands - Saints should do this easy on the small Cole 2. Newton another 6 and Jolley out under 10 again!

Pacco v Barkly St - BSU to win again and run over a hapless Pacco side that are very ordinary. Hoang to make 50+

Haig v Merlo - merlo to stop Haigs great effort last week. Punkly to get 60+ and young trent a 5 for

West v East - A battle of the old titans. I would like to say our boys, but Wests might be playing too well for Easts at the moment.

Any other tips gents!?? Good luck to all teams

RooBoy;306900 said:
My tips for Round 8

(remembering i got 5 from 6 b4 xmas and picked St Andrews to make 120!)

East Cob to pick up form after xmas and beat BSU - S Cooray to make 75+

St Marys just over Sunny Heights at home - only 10 or so runs in it

St Francis to be given a scare over an improving Socials - Babo out under 10

St Andrews to get over Glenroy in the match of the round - St And bats to fire, and Glenroy bowled out less than 120

Pascoe Vale in winning form to account for Haig - Baravecchio to make 70+, Stevenson to take 4

West Cob to overcome an improving Merlo easily - Wests to make 180+, with Appleyard taking 6

They are my thoughts for the round......good luck to all ;)

TIPS FOR ROUND 1 REPLAY

(last week i only got 3 so i need some improvement)

St Marys v St Fran - seeing its at Hallam res on sunday, I reckon St Fran to run away with easy victory..........

Sunshine v Glenroy - Sunny on a role with a win last week, Perera to take 4 and Stephens 50+

Socials v St Ands - Saints should do this easy on the small Cole 2. Newton another 6 and Jolley out under 10 again!

Pacco v Barkly St - BSU to win again and run over a hapless Pacco side that are very ordinary. Hoang to make 50+

Haig v Merlo - merlo to stop Haigs great effort last week. Punkly to get 60+ and young trent a 5 for

West v East - A battle of the old titans. I would like to say our boys, but Wests might be playing too well for Easts at the moment.

Any other tips gents!?? Good luck to all teams

My Captain said:
RooBoy i just keep my ears open. It is amassing what you here at the TAB, and on the grape vine. With the father & son sledge I will let all know after the year has finished.

it will be interesting to hear your rumor......

My Captain said:
RooBoy i just keep my ears open. It is amassing what you here at the TAB, and on the grape vine. With the father & son sledge I will let all know after the year has finished.

it will be interesting to hear your rumor......

Guru14;309047 said:

Well here we go!

St Frannies to beat Marys only due to unavailablities for Marys
Glenroy to beat Sunshine, will be close though
St Andrews to beat Socials and one step closer to the finals
Barkly Street i think will be too strong for Pacco
Merlo to get back on the winners list
Wests to win the battle of the Burbs!

Each week provides us with new challenges and I would think the final 4 might not be settled until round 11, a little like last year so strap yourselves in and hang on tight for the last 7 weeks of the season. Good luck to everyone this week and let's see what round 1 throws up. The plot thickens!

Guru14;309047 said:

Well here we go!

St Frannies to beat Marys only due to unavailablities for Marys
Glenroy to beat Sunshine, will be close though
St Andrews to beat Socials and one step closer to the finals
Barkly Street i think will be too strong for Pacco
Merlo to get back on the winners list
Wests to win the battle of the Burbs!

Each week provides us with new challenges and I would think the final 4 might not be settled until round 11, a little like last year so strap yourselves in and hang on tight for the last 7 weeks of the season. Good luck to everyone this week and let's see what round 1 throws up. The plot thickens!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back