My best moment so far.

Timed Out

My best moment so far.

Imagine playing the best team in the county in a 20/20 match and your team has just batted and got a low 59 all out after the oppositions county seamers ripped through you. You dont stand a chance do you? Well neither did we....

When we batted as was at number 4 and was expect to come out in the 10th over or so and smash a couple of boundarys. However after our opener was bowled first ball and the number 3 game in got bowled by a delivery he should of done better with i was thrown in at the deep end. The remaining opener came down to me and told me just to see of the openers and we'd stand a good chance. I played defensively but after a while found my way and ended up getting a gritty 17 with a couple of good strokes and after putting on 35 with me the opener went and a sense the game was going. So i ran down the track and went to flick the ball away only to feel the pain of the ball clattering into my toe, after that i struggled to move my feet and ended up 17 LBW. I was happy considering the circumstances.

Now onto the good part the bowling, i was on as the second change and by now the score was 54-0. On i came first ball went down legside for a wide 55-0. Next ball was a yorker that the batsman blocked. The second ball of the over pitched inline with offstump and took the opener who had been causing us trouble. The next ball took the No.3s middle stump and i was on for a hattrick. I ran in and the batsman just got some bat on it, i was disapointed. However next ball i ran in and bowled him! Next ball the batsman hit it down the fround for a 3. Final ball of the over i took the others openers wicket and they were 58-4, with personal figures of 4-4 for me. We lost the game in the next over but it was great for me and all the lads gave me a pat on the back.

What do you think of my best moment?

Re: My best moment so far.

It was a third round cup game. We were automatically in this round due to byes and three of our strongest players had school committments so I, a usual number eight for the strong line up in the team was at six in the batting order.

We restricted them to 105 off 20 overs with me conceding 16 off the last over including getting hit for a massive six. The guy was just swinging, but I got him out in the last ball of the innings.8) It was soaking and we were 30/0 after 6 overs, but soon the runs dried up as the rain made the pitch slow with the odd ball absolutely racing through at chest height. Some very good batsman we had at the top of the order through away their wickets and I came in needing 40 off five overs to win the match. It must be noted that I am not the largest run scorer and the task seemed out of reach.

I started off slowly, but pierced short cover with some good cover drives to reach 15. At this point, the bowler bowled a slower ball outside off which I picked and wanted to hit into the farm just behind the straight boundary. The shot went nowhere and sounded awful, barely trickling to long off and the bowler said: "think you might need a new bat", although I thought he was being colourful, I found that the bat had a massive crack in the back and was being held in place by a piece of tape. I got the new bat and missed the first ball as it was too light for me.

I wasn't middling anything but the bat was nice and even off the toe, the ball went quite hard. Me and the guy at the other end turned every one to long off into two leaving one needed off the last two balls. One of their less intelligent fielders went into short slip in an attempt to prevent the scampered single, the other batsman was on strike. It was a short ball and hit him on the hand, the short slip parried it and we scampered a single to win.

I ended on 22* which was my top score for god knows how long and was really satisfyed with what I had achieved.

It was a friendly 10 over match against another school. The other team won the toss and chose to bat. They put up a good total of 90 considering the conditions. Our openers looked good when we were 14-0 after the first over. Then disaster struck- they got a hattrick and I came in at 17-3. I tried to steady our innings a bit but wickets kept falling at the other end. soon we were 35-6 after 5 overs. I was 10* (12b, 1x4). 56 runs were required off 30 balls. I started looking for boundaries but kept the ball on the ground. Now we needed 27 runs off 12 balls (I was on strike). Here's how the 2 overs were: {2|2|4|4|0|1} {6|0|2|4|1|2}.

I ended up on 61*(39b, 8x4, 1x6)

my best moment would have to be in the semi final.
i'd batted no.10 all year pretty much.
and my batting average was 7.
semi final day, our opening batter is in new zealand.
my coach tells me b4 the game, im opening.
we got the other team all out for 188 off 50 overs.
i go into bat, shaking lol.
facing the new ball with people bowling swinging bouncers at me, something i'd never faced.
i got dropped on 3 at square leg.
at the 27 over mark i hit 51* and retired.
we got through to the grand final, winning by 3 wickets.
i got man of the match.
ill never forget it. :D

MarkMiller93 said:
my best moment would have to be in the semi final.
i'd batted no.10 all year pretty much.
and my batting average was 7.
semi final day, our opening batter is in new zealand.
my coach tells me b4 the game, im opening.
we got the other team all out for 188 off 50 overs.
i go into bat, shaking lol.
facing the new ball with people bowling swinging bouncers at me, something i'd never faced.
i got dropped on 3 at square leg.
at the 27 over mark i hit 51* and retired.
we got through to the grand final, winning by 3 wickets.
i got man of the match.
ill never forget it. :D

Err.... :( I want to make a good score like that. I'm jelous, Mark Miller of Melbourne!

yes browny you'll tonk a 30+ this year.
your time has come lol :)
im confident.
all your hard work will pay off.
err...but if you do you'll talk about it more than i talk about my catch.

MarkMiller93 said:
yes browny you'll tonk a 30+ this year.
your time has come lol :)
im confident.
all your hard work will pay off.
err...but if you do you'll talk about it more than i talk about my catch.

The catch that I can't remember.... :(

IT WAS OFF YOUR BOWLING!
lol.
i was at slip.
and i dived to my right.
took it in 2 fingers at full stretch.
and you said how good will it be B. Brown C. Miller

MarkMiller93 said:
IT WAS OFF YOUR BOWLING!
lol.
i was at slip.
and i dived to my right.
took it in 2 fingers at full stretch.
and you said how good will it be B. Brown C. Miller

I honestly cannot remember it! :(

My second game for the senior team (they were all over 30 years old) :p . I was told to bat at 5 and with 23 overs left, I settled in but the ball was swinging a lot so it was difficult. I got 17 off 31 balls. That team was really chatting to me. It was annoying. Anyways, onto bowling. I bowled 10 overs 0 maidens, 49 runs and 3 wickets. The last wicket was memorable. The guy who had been talking to me, I got him out by a beauty. It spun round his legs and he stood there thinking he was not out. I jumped in the air beside him and said :p :p . "That is the way to the pavilion, now get going."

Ah good times......

Classic shtuff there Barmy Army. (Realises that is a horrible impression of Richie Beanud :(). I am sure you would of been pleased with that marvellous all-round performance.

Left_Hander said:
Classic shtuff there Barmy Army. (Realises that is a horrible impression of Richie Beanud :(). I am sure you would of been pleased with that marvellous all-round performance.

Thanks LH. Yes I was indeed. :cool

Back