North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

Certainly some interesting results on the weekend which puts a bit of life back into A & B.
Jacana up to their old tricks. Unbelievable they could be in this situation in January. They should have known better as they have had enough warning. However they continue to turn a blind eye and it is starting to catch up with them. I just feel for the other sides that have already played there and didnt get called off! I wonder if the Post Xmas hoodoo may return to haunt Jacana if they lose their points from this game.
Good effort by Seabrook against Abers, Roosters getting reasonably clost to AP and an upset with Flemington beating Kingsville in a run feast.
Moonee Valley continue to go from strength to strength and with pretty much the same team as they had last uear in North B. Foot Utd may be the darkhorse here with their couple of Avondale Heights recruits this year and St.Albans proving to be very disappointing. They need to find runs and quickly.

He who knows best;383930 said:
how come Jacana get 3 points for an issue that is obviously their fault (as a club)

very stiff for their opposition to only obtain 3 points when they are not at fault

is the result final or is there a protest relating to it ?

I think you'll find St Andrews will protest the 'draw' result and will be awarded the points (similar to what Aberfeldie did earlier in the season).
It says 3pts each on the website at this moment b/cos they obviously haven't reached a resolution, but it will be updated in the next couple of days i reckon.

I can't see any other outcome than St.Andrews being awarded the points, because Jacana can't really mount much of a case for themselves, being their home ground and all...

Bit of a hollow way for St Andrews to get off the mark this season but they're away finally.

Jacana with a dangerous deck surely not. About time they sack there curator there deck's always been shocking! I still think they will finish 2nd because there's not to many other clubs with strong teams pushing them out but deserve to lose there points if they dont its a joke. Abers and Kingy Baps with disappointing results an the Parkers roll on . Alot could happen this week with the double header looking 4ward to it !

softcricketer;379642 said:
phil no need to rate W/C because you don't deserve to be rated and the club is always known for wrong reasons rather than good resons i.e. they got good batsman, playing well as a team, good bunch of cricketers or blokes and it all starts from you so called senior cricketer.

gone pretty quiet maybe centrals have a woken could be dangerous 4 other sides lol

I umpired @ Jacana 12 years ago (They were in North B1).

Billy Goat was still their currator.

Nearly was an outright result in a one day game.
Guzzunders and Gremlins aplenty back then.

Freddy Trueman quote sums it up best
"It's like bowlin fookin doughnuts on a fookin shitheap"

phil crea;383984 said:
gone pretty quiet maybe centrals have a woken could be dangerous 4 other sides lol

where's you main man Edrich.
That bloke can win u a flag on his own if things fall into place for your club.
Noticed he didn't play last week,
what's the name of that other quickie u have form bendigo/ country somewhere?

Open comp this year no standout batting sides, all sides which will feature in the finals are capable of ordinary efforts with the bat.
Wcentral (Edrich) stAlabns(Dunn+Macammond) have flag winners with the ball. Foot UNited have Jeffrey who could single handedly win that side a flag with both bat n ball.

Moonee valley am not still convinced about them? but you can't argue with their results. EK + seddon + taylors lakes OK at best but are fighting for
finals berth - that tells you how much the standard in this grade has slipped since last year.

My early tip Wcentral V StAlbans Grannie that's if they avoid each other in the semi. Centrals a massive chance with EDrich + other bendigo recruit doing the business with the ball and making enough runs to handle struggling St Albans batters.
on relegation battle, well most years this also goes right down to the wire but this season we have Craigieburn+Avondale already odds on to go down with 4 games remaining?

ROY G BIV;384048 said:
where's you main man Edrich.
That bloke can win u a flag on his own if things fall into place for your club.
Noticed he didn't play last week,
what's the name of that other quickie u have form bendigo/ country somewhere?

Open comp this year no standout batting sides, all sides which will feature in the finals are capable of ordinary efforts with the bat.
Wcentral (Edrich) stAlabns(Dunn+Macammond) have flag winners with the ball. Foot UNited have Jeffrey who could single handedly win that side a flag with both bat n ball.

Moonee valley am not still convinced about them? but you can't argue with their results. EK + seddon + taylors lakes OK at best but are fighting for
finals berth - that tells you how much the standard in this grade has slipped since last year.

My early tip Wcentral V StAlbans Grannie that's if they avoid each other in the semi. Centrals a massive chance with EDrich + other bendigo recruit doing the business with the ball and making enough runs to handle struggling St Albans batters.
on relegation battle, well most years this also goes right down to the wire but this season we have Craigieburn+Avondale already odds on to go down with 4 games remaining?
yeah i agree it will be pretty tight ,azza was rested last game and darren from bendigo as fitted in well ,we beleive we have the side to go all the way,wade mchall will add a bit of spice to our bowling attack plays his first game this week after living inengland 4 the last 6 years ,things are starting fall into place

phil crea;384106 said:
yeah i agree it will be pretty tight ,azza was rested last game and darren from bendigo as fitted in well ,we beleive we have the side to go all the way,wade mchall will add a bit of spice to our bowling attack plays his first game this week after living inengland 4 the last 6 years ,things are starting fall into place

phil do you think you and st albans can both make the finals or are you fighting for the same spot...? :cool: the top 3 teams have a fair head start as far as points go.. m.v should hold down top spot and e.k you would think hold down 2nd. so either you guys or st albans or f.u miss out..

shhhhhhhhhhh;384141 said:
phil do you think you and st albans can both make the finals or are you fighting for the same spot...? :cool: the top 3 teams have a fair head start as far as points go.. m.v should hold down top spot and e.k you would think hold down 2nd. so either you guys or st albans or f.u miss out..

i beleive we could finish in the top 2 this could surprise people east keilor to miss out final four ,monee valley us ,f united and st albans

shhhhhhhhhhh;384141 said:

East Keilor have a very tough run home. St Albans and Werribee in the next two games will make or break their season. Will their batting( heavily reliant on J.Bell and the Pom) prevail against the two best bowling attacks in the comp? I doubt it. Very very tough for the boys at Overland to even make the finals me thinks.......

Missing Leg;384182 said:
East Keilor have a very tough run home. St Albans and Werribee in the next two games will make or break their season. Will their batting( heavily reliant on J.Bell and the Pom) prevail against the two best bowling attacks in the comp? I doubt it. Very very tough for the boys at Overland to even make the finals me thinks.......

Good point, with that in mind if they do make it then they'll certainly deserve to be there. Their 2 losses to Foot united this year could cost them a finals birth and rightly so. given that it would be hard to swallow for Funited if they miss out and EK make it. Funited probably have an easier run though.

Huge weekend in North B with the back to back rounds.

I reckon the Sunday games especially could throw up some interesting results, Alt Roosters, Seabrook & Flemington probably all playing for their seasons.
The top 4 looking to confirm & strengthen their positions.

I know it's late but predictions for this week boys?

Werribee to easily account for Seddon who are struggling without Major
Moonee Valley to have the game won by the 13th over against Heights
St.Albans and East an absolute cracker of a game. St.Albans to bounce back for mine. Will be interesting to see if Moorehouse can get some runs against a quality attack
F Utd in a canter
And Lakes to easily account and end Albions season. The loser definately out of the race for the four I would reckon

CheeQuee;384431 said:
Huge weekend in North B with the back to back rounds.

I reckon the Sunday games especially could throw up some interesting results, Alt Roosters, Seabrook & Flemington probably all playing for their seasons.
The top 4 looking to confirm & strengthen their positions.

Certainly agree with you chee, looking forward to the ladder on Sunday night. Flemington could be the big movers with very winnable games against Seabrook and St Andrews. For Bigcoq and his boys its do or die im afraid, playing Jacana and Aberfeldie in the one weekend will certainly sort out their fortunes.

Do we read into Kingy Bapts game last week against flem?, they have a tough weekend also, playing the other sides in the top four. Lets hope the rain stays away on sunday and Jacana can produce a wicket!

Results very predictable in North A on the weekend.

interesting round this weekend with EK V WC a big game, Seddon to beat AH, FU over Albion, St.Albans way to good for Craigieburn and im tipping Taylors Lakes over MV.

I see young Brown from Jacana has been cleared to Willy CYMS (and played in their 1sts on saturday).
Can anybody from Jacana shed some light as to why he's left? Notice he was playing mostly 2nds before XMas.

punter 18;384485 said:
Certainly agree with you chee, looking forward to the ladder on Sunday night. Flemington could be the big movers with very winnable games against Seabrook and St Andrews. For Bigcoq and his boys its do or die im afraid, playing Jacana and Aberfeldie in the one weekend will certainly sort out their fortunes.

Do we read into Kingy Bapts game last week against flem?, they have a tough weekend also, playing the other sides in the top four. Lets hope the rain stays away on sunday and Jacana can produce a wicket!

Good to play every one at least once now.
it seems were a little way of the mark yet.
Loosing our top 3 bats and opening bowler not the ideal way to take on the vtca b comp.
At least we know what to expect and build from there.
just try to finish off on a positive note in the two dayers.
Good luck to all in the finals.

CheeQuee;384775 said:
I see young Brown from Jacana has been cleared to Willy CYMS (and played in their 1sts on saturday).
Can anybody from Jacana shed some light as to why he's left? Notice he was playing mostly 2nds before XMas.

I know he always rated himself very highly although he bowls all over the shop so maybe he had enough. Jacana goin pretty well and probably dont need him, not to mention he has a mouth on him.

Can anyone enlighten us as to what happened in the Werribee Centrals V Seddon game? W.C bowled out for for 70 then Seddon dismissed for 50??? Did Phil produce a dodgy wicket?

Can anyone enlighten us as to what happened in the Werribee Centrals V Seddon game? W.C bowled out for for 70 then Seddon dismissed for 50??? Did you produce a dodgy wicket Phil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back