Quiet PC.....?

Xx FANBOI xX

Quiet PC.....?

Hello everyone. I have a simply question what is the best PC for gaming but is also extremly quiet. My current one has like 10 stages of loudness, and it uses them all in one day everyday which really irritates me.

I need a new PC anyhow, my mate has a Dell:3100 or something along them lines and it makes no noise at all, although I'm pretty sure it's useless for gaming.

Any help will be appreciated, I'm even thinking of getting the Dell:3100, but I need to know if it can be updated or not?

Thanks.

Re: Quiet PC.....?

From what I know Dell machines are a nightmare to update due to the way Dell put them together an the parts they use.

If the ability to upgrade is what your after I'd suggest going to a local computer shop and asking them for a price list to build a decent spec machine. You'll get something which is much more flexible in terms of what you can upgrade.

All i can say is that the main things that lead to noisy pc's is a cheap CPU fan and PSU. Basically whatever pc you buy make sure you pay good money for the powersupply and CPU fan as these two will be the noisy bits.

I don't know much about computers but all I know is my thingo doesn't make much sound and it's a Thermaltake case, fan is built in I think.

I think that should work for playing Cricket 07 and CS. I think you'll need a bit more RAM though.

Right I've scraped that PC. I'm going for this one and will probably get it soon as my current PC is driving me nuts.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/st...m=null&tm=null&sku=022890&category_oid=-27737

Excuse the incredibly long link, but is this PC good for my needs, does it have a loud PSU?

Also another problem it says it's Vista ready, now I don't want Vista because there's all these problems with it like not being able to run certain programes and stuff, or have they fixed all that?

Thanks.

Thats a much better PC. Should be good enough for your needs. There is no detail given about the PSU so I can't determine whether its loud or not. If you find the PSU to be noisy, you can always replace it. If you don't want to use Vista then its your choice, but they say the PC is Vista ready so you shouldn't have any problems in running it.

.::Cerebral Assassin::. said:
Is it really or you just saying it is? Main things I want to do with it are:
Use Photoshop CS2
Play Counter-Strike:Source
Play Cricket 07.
i have a slower pc than that and i can do all those things easily.
the next pc you posted is far better though. its vista ready which means it has a graphics capability to run vista. it ships with vista but i would install XP along with it. i dont think a new pc will have a loud psu. it might get louder with time but they have no detail on the make of the psu on that site.

Back