Rate The Above Cricketer

Re: Rate The Above Cricketer

Hogg has been one of my idols for many years, and i follow his words quite a lot, especially being a CHI bowler as well. 7/10 - needs to prove he is a test/fc player.

Brad Hodge

Simbazz said:
Hogg has been one of my idols for many years, and i follow his words quite a lot, especially being a CHI bowler as well. 7/10 - needs to prove he is a test/fc player.

Brad Hodge

Hodge 7.5/10

Ian Bell.

8.5/10
Got a duck today but has got a great start to his career and he has to ability to continue performing the same.

Brett Lee

9/10
excellent bowler,has improved alot since getting injured in new lealand last year,shown that australia can still take wickets without warne & mcgrath,

Monty Panasar

8/10- In the Glenn McGrath mould, not as good as McGrath, but a very, very talented bowler. Going to be important for Australia in the next couple of years, along with Binga, Johnson and Tait.

Mitchell Johnson

7/10

still very raw, has a few areas to work on but should be a good bowler for the future

Sir Donald Bradman :p

wow, arguably the greatest cricketer of all time only gets an 8 and thats what i would have given hussey

Yuvraj Singh

hahaha how come just 8/10 for bradman...i will give 7/10 to yuvraj...great player in odi but has to do better in test.

andrew symonds?

Without Symonds in the middle of the attack, it just leaves Gilchrist to slog those big scores when needed, so 10/10 for me, and he can bowl as well!

Phil Jaques

jimmy33 said:
wow, arguably the greatest cricketer of all time only gets an 8 and thats what i would have given hussey

Yuvraj Singh
yes he may have but don bradman never faced the modern bolwers like steve harmison or anything don bradman waz good for his time but nowadays mabbe
phil jacques is great cricketer he always puts in 100% and is a fantastic batsmen

Out of all the bowlers in the modern game you chose steve harmison? Not Vaas or Kumble, but Harmison. Anyway you are forgetting he faced up to great bowlers such as Larwood and Tate, easily better than (snigger) Steve Harmison. Sorry mate but its pretty naive to suggest that players nowadays are significantly better than players of a by gone era

Oh and by the way you didnt name another player

If you'd like to discuss the merits of Bradman against modern day bowlers then please feel free to make a thread about it.

Getting back on topic:

Mohammad Ashraful

Sorry bout that.

id give him a 6/10, rather unfufilled as a player but one of the few bangladesh players who can stand up against world class bowlers

Mahela Jayawardene

No worries, we are reasonably laid back on this forum but there isn't really that much room for thread development in this one.

Mahela Jayawardene - 7.7/10

Chris Martin

Back