Umpiring Issues once again...

roy2007

Umpiring Issues once again...

I know this has come up a few times already this season and no more prominently than in the charles shaw debacle, but this weekend in the Wesley vs Geelong College game there were a few shocking LBW decisions given all by the same umpire. I counted 6 LBWs by him in the Wesley innings and 2 in the Geelong innings. Notable ones were Kitchen from Geelong being given out LBW when it hit him on the thigh pad when he was pulling. The Wesley boys didnt even appeal they just went oooh as it hit him hard and within a second the umpire stuck his finger up. As you might expect Kitchen was furious as he was on 82 at that point. Another notable one is Hall who was on 77 and was also given LBW. Once again this was clearly not out as he is a lefty facing a right arm over the wicket bowler and batting a good metre out his crease with a good stride forward. In my opinion these 2 decsions cost both these players tons.

Another issue was that there were many occasions during the game were the overs were only 5 balls as the umpires couldnt count to 6. The problem is that in this game we had 2 incompitent umpires, in previous games we have had one poor ump and one good one which helped balance things out.

I know these guys are mostly top blokes but when it comes to the point where it ruins the game surely questions must be asked???

Re: Umpiring Issues once again...

roy2007;212398 said:
I know this has come up a few times already this season and no more prominently than in the charles shaw debacle, but this weekend in the Wesley vs Geelong College game there were a few shocking LBW decisions given all by the same umpire. I counted 6 LBWs by him in the Wesley innings and 2 in the Geelong innings. Notable ones were Kitchen from Geelong being given out LBW when it hit him on the thigh pad when he was pulling. The Wesley boys didnt even appeal they just went oooh as it hit him hard and within a second the umpire stuck his finger up. As you might expect Kitchen was furious as he was on 82 at that point. Another notable one is Hall who was on 77 and was also given LBW. Once again this was clearly not out as he is a lefty facing a right arm over the wicket bowler and batting a good metre out his crease with a good stride forward. In my opinion these 2 decsions cost both these players tons.

Another issue was that there were many occasions during the game were the overs were only 5 balls as the umpires couldnt count to 6. The problem is that in this game we had 2 incompitent umpires, in previous games we have had one poor ump and one good one which helped balance things out.

I know these guys are mostly top blokes but when it comes to the point where it ruins the game surely questions must be asked???

Roy, deal with it. That is cricket for you. Wesley rode their luck with just a few questionable decisions against Xavier, so stop having a sook about guys not making tons and just get on with the game. For the amount they get paid, just be grateful that we even have umpires.

roy2007;212398 said:

That's cricket mate, just get over it

yeh...

2's umpiring is not up to stratch either...

except for the "wayno" we are yet to get a consitent umpire

Look bad decisions happen all the time, and like 80% of the time it is in the batsmans favour. We never kick up a stink when a clear LBW is not given out. You find the lower level you play the worse the umps get. Have gone unseremoniasly (just sound it out cant spell) from the 1's tour to england to the 3's (partly because was away in England for last half of year) and the umpiring there is APALLING. My partner hit the biggest edge ever, the ball went almost to first slip, not given out. I was pissing myself with laughter. Thats what happens when you get coaches/umps who thought that a NB was worth 2 runs and that you can only stump some1 if the keeper is keeping up (refused to give someone who was batting a meter out of their crease out)

themurray;212558 said:
Look bad decisions happen all the time, and like 80% of the time it is in the batsmans favour. We never kick up a stink when a clear LBW is not given out. You find the lower level you play the worse the umps get. Have gone unseremoniasly (just sound it out cant spell) from the 1's tour to england to the 3's (partly because was away in England for last half of year) and the umpiring there is APALLING. My partner hit the biggest edge ever, the ball went almost to first slip, not given out. I was pissing myself with laughter. Thats what happens when you get coaches/umps who thought that a NB was worth 2 runs and that you can only stump some1 if the keeper is keeping up (refused to give someone who was batting a meter out of their crease out)

funniest thing i've ever heard....

we had an umpy the other week who wouldnt give out an "timed Out".

the guy was seriously 4-5 mins too late and he said he doesnt belive in the rule..i said i dont care it's in the rule book and he goes piss off

The Sweeper;212565 said:
funniest thing i've ever heard....

we had an umpy the other week who wouldnt give out an "timed Out".

the guy was seriously 4-5 mins too late and he said he doesnt belive in the rule..i said i dont care it's in the rule book and he goes piss off

can anyone say "henry crawford"?

Back