War between Umpires and Technology

ksugam

What do you guys think on the controversy with the "tampering of the images" as commented by bucknor. I strongly believe that more and more technology be used so that the match is not lost by a team just because of bad umpiring decisions.

Yeah, I don't think companies tamper with footage just because they have a vendetta against umpires or something. I think the current ration of umpires and technology is pretty reasonable, we don't want too much technology because umpires will become useless then, but we don't want to much manual umpiring, because we'll lose accuracy.

i agree with pal there...to much technology will bring the mood of the game in a different way..For an example with umpires you get on your seats to know the umps decision and still question it if it's right or not...with technology you will know what ever the decision is right..and this will only happen when the game goes to technologized...As pal said having to much is bad having no tech is also bad.

I dunno about tampering images....but bucknor better buck up soon. otherwise he will soon go from being the best ump in the world to one of the worst.

Bucknor is hardly the best umpire in the world. His form over the last 3-4 seasons has been appalling. I'm surprised he's still in the elite panel, making as many mistakes as he does and being as patronizing as he is. Whatever.

What's with this recent rule that teams can now challenge 3 decisions per innings (or is it match?). It seems to me like another fruitless ICC trial rule, which will be scrapped after 12 months.

American football has a good rule, that for a limted number of times, a coach can recall an umpires decision, and the same might be applied to cricket. For example let us say that the captain is not happy with a LBW decision, he can ask for a review through replays etc and if he is wrong, he will lose two overs. If he is right, the game goes on.

yes i think more technology should be used as umpires r also humans and they tend to make mistakes and the result might change

evry game need to have some uncertanities, and luck to make it more interesting.. I think we should not use more technology than what is currently being used

It is really bad idea to review the LBW decisions.....now adays games are delayed due to slow over rate....

This will cause greater delays........

Finally it makes cricket.....little bit more boring......if the delays are longer.....

Back