Worst Commentators

Re: Worst Commentators

jimmy33 said:
How Geoffry Boycotts commentating, some say he is crap, some good?
He was pretty active in commentary.But form last couple of years he is not involved anymore.
But he good and had superb comments;they very at times interesting to hear.He alongwith Sunil Gavaskar were the oldies Goldie's type of commentators.

NZalmostFAST said:
I'll get shot for this, but I cannot stand Ritchie Benaud. Hes just talks so slow always seem to state the most obvious, and has an annoying accent.
no sometimes the aussie commentators are annoying but not richie benaud
the most annoying is tony greig "oh hes hit the very hord" haha hes a silly prick

Tony Greig gets too excited sometimes "Thats a great shot but oh hes bowled him". I still like him because he is entertaining. Boycott is funny too.

Bill Lawry is annoying because he is all for the team that is winning. Whenever one team is on top, even just slightly, everything they do is perfect. He can be amusing sometimes as well though

I don't like commentators like Ranjit Fernando and Aamir shoail. They are always biased, cant talk in english and only make obvious and boring comments.

I am watching the Pakistan vs Zimbabwe series and many Pakistani commentators need to improve their english. Waqar Younis was saying things like "He needs to improve defencing" and "Only one aim to stump". But he makes interesting points and doesn't talk crap like Aamir Sohail. He can be a good commentator if he improves his english.

most indian commentators annoy me, theyre too biast. geffory boycott is the best commentor though, makes interesting points and he says when a player isnt doing well and talks about alot of technical things.

MasterBlaster said:
I am watching the Pakistan vs Zimbabwe series and many Pakistani commentators need to improve their english. Waqar Younis was saying things like "He needs to improve defencing" and "Only one aim to stump".

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Top stuff.

Not only Bob Willis for his never ending critism of England, even when they do well, but Boycott also. It tends to be the really old England players that carry on the 'in my day' pattern. But, let's think apart from Headingly in the 80's what was so good then about English cricket??? Give me the past 5 years anyday.

Commentators...Bob and Geoffrey - Boring and narrow-minded.

Whose the West Indian women that comentates occasinally? Not very good, but being gievn a chance, must say the volume goes down when she is on though, same as B&G.

Back