Wrist Spin Bowling (part Five)

Anyone out there know anyone who plays international level who bowls Flippers. Not commentator Flippers, where the clueless F***s saying "he's got him with the Flipper" just cos it skids in low, but bowlers who openly say they bowl it as part of their armoury - I'm primarily looking for female bowlers if I'm honest. I know Ish Sohdi says he bowls them, but I'd love to hear about women bowlers. Also coaches, anyone know any international coaches that try and get the spinners to have it as one of their balls, or am I now asking for too much - given how few people bowl em?

Anyone out there know anyone who plays international level who bowls Flippers. Not commentator Flippers, where the clueless F***s saying "he's got him with the Flipper" just cos it skids in low, but bowlers who openly say they bowl it as part of their armoury - I'm primarily looking for female bowlers if I'm honest. I know Ish Sohdi says he bowls them, but I'd love to hear about women bowlers. Also coaches, anyone know any international coaches that try and get the spinners to have it as one of their balls, or am I now asking for too much - given how few people bowl em?
I haven't seen the classic flipper for a good while - a lot of mislabelled backspinners, but not a lot of thumb action. Is it possible that other backspinners have edged out the flipper a bit? I think they are a bit easier to bowl and disguise, and while not offering quite the same zip as Warne and Hogg used to get from the classic flipper, they're straight and flat enough to provide decent contrast to the stock legspinner

I watch a fair bit of women’s cricket but about 95% sure I’ve never seen a flipper. Sobhana Asha bowls a front of the hand seam up in the WPL, but that’s about it.

Back