Your best knock/spell!

Re: what are your???

3/36 off 7

and

28* from 49 balls. That's how my normal innings go, i'm a very slow starter, and do not slog at all, i try and play proper cricket shots, not cross-batted slogs across the line like most club cricketers do in my league. They're my best figures from my first ever season of club cricket, something i'm pretty damn happy with. I'd never batted or bowled in my life until this time last year, so to have taken 11 wickets at an average of 36 is something i'm pretty proud of. I'm hoping to get the wickets up to 20+ next season with an average of less than 30, and an economy of under 4.5.

Best figures would be 3/26 when I used to bowl a few years ago. 144 is my highest batting score. Took a long time getting that 100. Always used to get out in 80's or 90's. I got off to a great start. One of the bowlers was really bad. He kept bowling full tosses to me. He just bowled one over but that got me going.

6/23 and 11

You could never guess I was a bowler :p

EDIT: Isn't this kinda similar to the thread about 'Best knock/spell'??

Re: Your best knock/spell!

Jelly Beanz said:
EDIT: Isn't this kinda similar to the thread about 'Best knock/spell'??
Yeah, it isn't too different. I've merged both the topics.

I bowled 4/8 in 4 overs & scored 31 in a match. Almost got a hat-trick as well missed the edge by a inch.

My best bowling spell: My last 2007 season game.
Overs: 3
Runs: 9
Wickets: 3
This one was my last game of the season before I missed the rest of the matches with a back injury. Though, it was one of those spells you can’t easily forget. The match was a rather tough one as the line-up for the other side had 5 Swiss under 17s International stars and our team had 2. Winning the toss, my captain decided to bat first and we posted a dismal total of 47 on the board at the conclusion of 15 overs. (The match was a twenty20, reduced to 15 a side due to rain during one hour before the game.)
Coming to the field, I was handed the new ball to bowl the first over in which I went for only 1. I was handed the 3rd over too and my captain told me that he would change me after this one since the allowed total per bowler was 3 and this would be my second. I went for 3 runs in this over with a catch dropped by the wicketkeeper on the first ball of the over. To my surprise, the captain handed the ball back to me at the start of the 5th over and told me that I was doing a good job keeping the pressure on, so that’s why he gave me another over. At this point, the other team was actually quite comfortable at 11 without loss but the first ball, which was just a touch fuller than good length, was upishly driven by the batsman straight to mid on. Though, this is where nerves started to come in as the man who stepped out in place of the one I just got out was the captain of the Swiss under 17’s and my arch rival. The first ball was a bouncer as he easily shaped it to the covers for a quick single; the third ball then was missed by the batsman, but by the keeper as well as the batsmen ran a bye. This is where now I ran in and delivered a good length delivery but the captain decided to step out and heaved it over mid-on for a four. (almost a six. Lol)
My captain started to get worried about it as he came to me and asked me to stay calm. (I didn’t act strange as far as I knew, perhaps he was just warning me beforehand. Lol) The fifth ball, the captain decided to step out again, but this time I saw him come out and bowled it a touch fuller as the ball went under his bat and crashed into the top of off stump. There were hurrays going all round from our team as it was a wicket to celebrate.
Last ball of my spell, I hadn’t done anything special thus far in the innings, keeping the balls short of or on a good length for most of the part but here, I decided to bowl a Yorker to a batsman who was also a member of the Swiss under 17’s, though after that last wicket, my confidence was at a all time high. BANG! The ball went under his bat, brushing his shoe as it crashed into the leg stump with the leg stump uprooted. I was jumping all over the place now; this was my best spell in recent times.

My best batting knock: Sometime in June in 2006.
Runs: 52*
Balls: 29
Usually known as a batsman having the potential to bat higher, but batting at 7-8 due to lack of a correct mindset, again I went out with my side being crushed by an adult team to 60/5 chasing 132. With only 10 overs left and the situation demanding well over a run a ball situation, for once I knew that I wouldn’t be criticized for losing my wicket playing a “stupid” aerial shot. From ball one I stepped on the gas and freely swung my bat. Today though, it seemed as some kind of blessing was with me as everything seemed to be perfectly connecting with the bat, so perfectly that I hit three consecutive sixes at one point of the match, missing the fourth one, barely escaping a catch. In the end, we got there with two overs to spare and boy, I hadn’t been this satisfied with my batting every before in my life. This helped my popularity in the team, and led to my selection for the Swiss under 17’s and I’ve been a part of the under 17’s ever since.

My best knock is a quickfire 44 no off 30 balls. It came last year in August when we were chasing 125 of 20 overs and I came in at 6 with the side in trouble we needed 60 of the last 8 overs. The other guy wasnt much of a big hitter he kept getting the singles and I hit the big blows. We won with a ball to spare! I was in bad form but that was my day.

Bowling:6 wickets for 1 run and 5 wickets for 4 runsboth spells in the same season and i took over 70 wickets that season
Batting:16 runs off 3balls but that was fluke lol

My best Spell was 4 wickets for 7 runs in 3 overs.

Hey can you guys tell how you bowled / batted when you were having these super performances. I mean what were you doing different which helped you to play well and be in the zone.

storm said:
A Really shit opposition

Actually the opposition was good but the conditions suited my type of bowing to the max :D ::). This performance came in a winter indoor cricket which is played on a synthetic surface with one of those hockey balls (the ones which are plane and dont have holes). Well the ball was turning like hell and the only place to get runs was hitting straight for a 4 or 6 (which should be under a certain hight) or hitting the balls. But the amount the ball was turning they could only manage to get 1 run of the 3 overs the rest i gave in 3 wides (each counting for 2 runs) :)

here is the link on playcricket http://btresearch.play-cricket.com/scoreboard/scorecard.asp?id=10446551

OK...Sharmaji :D

Did u get the wickets bowling from over the wicket or across the wicket.
It seems u have started the season with a strong bowling performance.
Keep it up and Best of luck :)

not really one for figures, but my best was being promoted to the firsts this season!

well scores and figures dont always refelect a good game or "knock" !

i'm sure most bowlers would love to bowl at a non batting side and get 7 or 8 wickets for no runs!

i can have a great game keeping and have no reflection on my figures! lol and a knock of 20 odd to save a game does not refelct how well you batted or supports another member!

Back