Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

old hand;267046 said:
mate anyone who was able to play for NSW country has to be a fairly decent cricketer, you cant get picked for sides like that if your not, marti certainly wasnt the only one who rated him.

Just out of interest who does Marti work for now?
There have been a lot of good cricketers in this area try to get in the Riverina side and couldn't and were rated far higher than Marti. It helps having not only a good knowledge of who the selectors are but who calls teh shots.

Laser Technician;266882 said:
ha old burnsy hey doin the switch to patties. i was told he was making a return to north..

Laser tech, why arnt you at work, Do some home work and find out about Burnsie , Congrats on your effort on the weekend.

sparky;235703 said:
well my god lads, being laid up in bed had me so bored i've been reading this stuff for hours, some of you make some quite valid points, others however wouldnt know what the word valid actually means!!! (and they say cricket is a smart mans game??)
a couple i've come accross that deserve a reply.....

PROVINCIAL v DISTRICT: who was it that said "the gap is not that big at all, the provincial bowlers tend to bowl better line and length and are more consistent, their batsmen concentrate harder and value their wicket more, and in general the fielding standard is better????
well f^^k me swinging einstein thats the three main facets of the game, gaps looking pretty big to me already...

RHYS JONES OVERATED???...i was almost on the same page(but not strongly) then he went and smoked 170 odd ( a knowlegable source who was in the game said "one of the best knocks he's ever seen) then he backed it up with another couple of tons in the next two games.
i'll take a gamble and say i bet he's a s^^tload better player than whoever wrote that...

anyhow there seems to be a recurring theme about Provincial standard V district and how they would fair against each other on the park!!! So why dont one of you district chaps...middo, you'll do, list the best possible 11 players from the district comp ( and take your time, you dont want to get flogged remember), And i'll reply with my version of the provincial list, would love to here your thoughts!!:

Ill probably miss a few but my best 11 from last yr would be,not in any particular order,Sutherland,Doolan,O,Niell,Purtell,Martin,Walker,Morris,Andy Hill,Bailey,King,Packer.
Dont think this side would blow wind up the ar$e of the best 11 in provincial but i along with a few others would be very interested to see how the premier players in provincial would go batting on our decks every week.
Maybe if the T20 starts this season and the board r true to thier word we,ll find out how the guns go on underprepared wickets.

old hand;267046 said:
mate anyone who was able to play for NSW country has to be a fairly decent cricketer, you cant get picked for sides like that if your not, marti certainly wasnt the only one who rated him.

Just out of interest who does Marti work for now?
There have been a lot of good cricketers in this area try to get in the Riverina side and couldn't and were rated far higher than Marti. It helps having not only a good knowledge of who the selectors are but who calls teh shots.

too true middo, id love to see how theyd go batting on some of the minefields we get dished up every week!!!

At the moment Marti is working for ACT Cricket as either the High performance manager or development manager, i think there is a bit of a cross over in his role. he's also currently coaching the ACT womens team which im pretty sure just got accepted into the national comp for the first time. but your right, from the under 12s right through to seniors it certainly helps to no the right people

sparky;235703 said:
well my god lads, being laid up in bed had me so bored i've been reading this stuff for hours, some of you make some quite valid points, others however wouldnt know what the word valid actually means!!! (and they say cricket is a smart mans game??)
a couple i've come accross that deserve a reply.....

PROVINCIAL v DISTRICT: who was it that said "the gap is not that big at all, the provincial bowlers tend to bowl better line and length and are more consistent, their batsmen concentrate harder and value their wicket more, and in general the fielding standard is better????
well f^^k me swinging einstein thats the three main facets of the game, gaps looking pretty big to me already...

RHYS JONES OVERATED???...i was almost on the same page(but not strongly) then he went and smoked 170 odd ( a knowlegable source who was in the game said "one of the best knocks he's ever seen) then he backed it up with another couple of tons in the next two games.
i'll take a gamble and say i bet he's a s^^tload better player than whoever wrote that...

anyhow there seems to be a recurring theme about Provincial standard V district and how they would fair against each other on the park!!! So why dont one of you district chaps...middo, you'll do, list the best possible 11 players from the district comp ( and take your time, you dont want to get flogged remember), And i'll reply with my version of the provincial list, would love to here your thoughts!!:

Ill probably miss a few but my best 11 from last yr would be,not in any particular order,Sutherland,Doolan,O,Niell,Purtell,Martin,Walker,Morris,Andy Hill,Bailey,King,Packer.
Dont think this side would blow wind up the ar$e of the best 11 in provincial but i along with a few others would be very interested to see how the premier players in provincial would go batting on our decks every week.
Maybe if the T20 starts this season and the board r true to thier word we,ll find out how the guns go on underprepared wickets.

Its Honestly Middo;267162 said:

Nice side middo.
Ill try a provincial and then well see what sparky comes up with . I will try with batting order.
P Gough EA
D Farrell NA
L Restrall TIT
B Stewart RAID
G Daniel NA
S Wood TALL
R Jones NA
A Lade TALL
Thompson WK Tall
H Naughton SP
D Baker LAV
T Kennedy WOD 12th

too true middo, id love to see how theyd go batting on some of the minefields we get dished up every week!!!

At the moment Marti is working for ACT Cricket as either the High performance manager or development manager, i think there is a bit of a cross over in his role. he's also currently coaching the ACT womens team which im pretty sure just got accepted into the national comp for the first time. but your right, from the under 12s right through to seniors it certainly helps to no the right people

Wanie eat your heart out;267282 said:
Nice side middo.
Ill try a provincial and then well see what sparky comes up with . I will try with batting order.
P Gough EA
D Farrell NA
L Restrall TIT
B Stewart RAID
G Daniel NA
S Wood TALL
R Jones NA
A Lade TALL
Thompson WK Tall
H Naughton SP
D Baker LAV
T Kennedy WOD 12th

B Stewart RAID "retired" :D

Its Honestly Middo;267162 said:

Nice side middo.
P Gough EA
D Farrell NA
L Restrall TIT
B Stewart RAID
G Daniel NA
S Wood TALL
R Jones NA
A Lade TALL
Thompson WK Tall
H Naughton SP
D Baker LAV
T Kennedy WOD 12th

Wanie eat your heart out;267282 said:
Nice side middo.
P Gough EA
D Farrell NA
L Restrall TIT
B Stewart RAID
G Daniel NA
S Wood TALL
R Jones NA
A Lade TALL
Thompson WK Tall
H Naughton SP
D Baker LAV
T Kennedy WOD 12th

Watchful Eye;267320 said:

D Castello NA in for B Stewart.

There wouldnt be too many country leagues in vic\nsw that could produce a side with that sort of ability and depth. There strength is the allround ability of the side,jones,daniel, wood ,lade, castello,thompson,gough,even farrell can bowl top class spin and pace.In a two-four day format would be where there best suited.

With middos side from district aswell, I think the cricket in the region is still in my opoinion the best going around out side metropoliton.

Watchful Eye;267320 said:

D Castello NA in for B Stewart.

There wouldnt be too many country leagues in vic\nsw that could produce a side with that sort of ability and depth. There strength is the allround ability of the side,jones,daniel, wood ,lade, castello,thompson,gough,even farrell can bowl top class spin and pace.In a two-four day format would be where there best suited.

With middos side from district aswell, I think the cricket in the region is still in my opoinion the best going around out side metropoliton.

i think woodys career stats would stack up pretty favourably against anyone going around here at the moment..

carlosboozer;232485 said:
Well at least Hill will feel at home on the dodgy deck out at Bunton Park. It's about as good or bad as the wicket at Dederang.
Don't know about the same pace as Anderson though, Ando on his day was pretty quick while Hill is sharp but not in Andersons league yet.
How old is Hill?

Middo,you should ask carlos boozer, about how the gun bats will go on district decks,
seeing he rates bunton the same as dederang. Daniels scored 900 runs, barto 500, castello500 jones nearly 700 all played half there games on the "dodgy deck" On those stats Id say they would go all right. Unless carlos doesnt know a good deck when he sees one??

i think woodys career stats would stack up pretty favourably against anyone going around here at the moment..

in the couple of games ive played at bunton park there has never really been anything dodgy in the deck at all. maybe its dodgy by provinicial standards but ive never had a problem with it

carlosboozer;232485 said:
Well at least Hill will feel at home on the dodgy deck out at Bunton Park. It's about as good or bad as the wicket at Dederang.
Don't know about the same pace as Anderson though, Ando on his day was pretty quick while Hill is sharp but not in Andersons league yet.
How old is Hill?

Middo,you should ask carlos boozer, about how the gun bats will go on district decks,
seeing he rates bunton the same as dederang. Daniels scored 900 runs, barto 500, castello500 jones nearly 700 all played half there games on the "dodgy deck" On those stats Id say they would go all right. Unless carlos doesnt know a good deck when he sees one??

in the couple of games ive played at bunton park there has never really been anything dodgy in the deck at all. maybe its dodgy by provinicial standards but ive never had a problem with it

Any news on recruits??
Seems both Wodonga clubs have done nothing to improve themselves over the winter.
I know there was a mass exodus at Yack, but haven't heard of any new players coming into the league......

Any news on recruits??
Seems both Wodonga clubs have done nothing to improve themselves over the winter.
I know there was a mass exodus at Yack, but haven't heard of any new players coming into the league......

bodiefish;267593 said:
Any news on recruits??

New rumour just circulating is Greg Daniels to Wodonga.
And I didnt start this one

Wanie eat your heart out;267561 said:

Bunton was never dodgy while i played there and i dont think u could compare it 2 the Ranga deck,which while its not a great deck there was some resonable scores out there last season.

bodiefish;267593 said:
Any news on recruits??

New rumour just circulating is Greg Daniels to Wodonga.
And I didnt start this one

didnt north albury get mt beauty first up last year? great way to get your batsman into some form for the season ahead on norths part

Wanie eat your heart out;267561 said:

Bunton was never dodgy while i played there and i dont think u could compare it 2 the Ranga deck,which while its not a great deck there was some resonable scores out there last season.

didnt north albury get mt beauty first up last year? great way to get your batsman into some form for the season ahead on norths part

harryhoward;267583 said:
does anyone know the opening round draw for prov ? havent managed to see who is playing who, can anyone help

I have been to the "new improved" website and can't find a thing about draws there, also emailed the league to no avail and no reply ! Can anyone tell us where the damn draw is ??????????????????????:confused::confused:

Moscow Mongrel;267724 said:
I played with Woody for many years and seriously think he is overrated!!!

fair enough mate, your certainly entitled to your opinion, i just dont think many will agree with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back