Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Bradsy;209434 said:
This IS Bradsy ! I was directed to this site by a friend saying I got a bit of a pasting here. This will be my one and only quote in this public forum. IF you are a Wodonga Raiders Player/Coach we need to get some things straight. I have been around the club on junior board's for cricket and football for many years. In that time you certainly guide your kids in the right direction, that is what parents do. Tyson played his 1st A Grade game at 15y/o he is still only 16. I team manage the 3rds at the football club and if kids want to come up underage and try out in the U/18 they are welcome too. If they look like they can handle themselves then we ask their parents as well as the kid. We dont expect junior kids to make up their own minds and do not go over the heads of parents.
Not seeing eye to eye with the 3rds captain amazes me, who was it? Was it me ? No thats right your club wanted me to look after the thirds then dumped me for no reason. Or was it one of two other people who looked after them in the same year ?
I threw a few balls down to Tyson a couple of days before we decided to go to New City, I had my own key to the nets and club but the balls were missing to the bowling machine hence I rang the coach who had them in his car.
Tyson has been coached by a junior/senior coach for a long time and decided with his commitment to football being stronger than his commitment to cricket to go to New City. HIS DECISION !
What dissapoints me the most is I have put in a lot of time and money over the last 4 years to the Raiders and even putting up a tab after the grand final loss last year and I get this back handed slap.
I just hope you are not a person that smiles and says hello as I am drinking a few beers at your club weekly then stabs me in the back.
As I said, this is my first and last forum, If you want to discuss this further feel free to email me at Bradsy@Primus.Com.Au or you know my phone number, Its on all of my sponsorship signs ! Bradsy !

F*#king BANG!!
excellent comeback there Bradsy!
Just wondering if this 'millions happy' is the same raiders player who is 4 foot nothing and cant hit the ball off the centre wicket when he bats?? at least tyson can smash the ball when he's out there.@| @|

Well done to all teams who made the finals.....now the real stuff starts.

Can anyone tell me where the grand finals are to be played??

I geuss Middo that you nominating Kelly Park to play your finals will mean this would be your selection for the District Grand Final?? As you have said to me in past entries you do have a say in all this!! Not a bad ploy from you to give your side games at this ground prior to the grand final!!!! OR hasn't anyone picked up on that yet???:eek:

I see Keiran knight using the paper to talk Lavy up again seems to be doing them no harm but can anyone really get near the big 3?

neville;210752 said:
Well done to all teams who made the finals.....now the real stuff starts.

Can anyone tell me where the grand finals are to be played??

I geuss Middo that you nominating Kelly Park to play your finals will mean this would be your selection for the District Grand Final?? As you have said to me in past entries you do have a say in all this!! Not a bad ploy from you to give your side games at this ground prior to the grand final!!!! OR hasn't anyone picked up on that yet???:eek:

I see Keiran knight using the paper to talk Lavy up again seems to be doing them no harm but can anyone really get near the big 3?

The teams who finished 5th & 6th are merely making up the numbers, but well done to both sides who fought through a difficult season to get something out of it. I think Tallangatta are well placed to give the flag a shake, have a very well balanced side, & the firepower to upset some batsman in the finals.

Neville, you won't hear anything form Middo as he has imposed a media ban on everyone from Toot Toot ville, which includes this site here. He doesn't want anything upsetting the applecart on the march to the big one. Also, them playing at Kelly Park has not much to do with the possibility of the final being played there, but more to do with the fact that he doesn't want to face an issue of leaky sprinklers, damaged covers, or pitch sabotage if the game was being played at home. Paranoid is our friend gerald!!!!

neville;210752 said:

Someone actually reads this crap.I was wondering who it was.:confused:
Just a suggestion for the Border Mail get a real local identity a Spiteri,Ball or Purtell type to do the column.I even have the title "THE FINAL SAY".

KokodaMidget;210777 said:
Neville, you won't hear anything form Middo as he has imposed a media ban on everyone from Toot Toot ville, which includes this site here. He doesn't want anything upsetting the applecart on the march to the big one.

well a media ban...maybe they should have thought of that earlier in the season with all the hype they said about themselves.ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!! Well the season is over for most of us and what a season .Firstly it was going to be over by christmas but we got rain and we have made it to march. But let me say the league does need to look into some of the grounds a bit better next season. Enough of that.

Who's going to win provincal ??????? i'm picking east v north with north taking it home. District (toot toot ) Grade new city v dederang but it will be close depending on the wicket.......

Well done to New city for getting both sides in finals in there come back year.And best of luck to warriors in b grade and go all the way @| @| @|

A media ban, what a joke. They're playing bush cricket, and like you said there was a lot of talk from them before. They were talking a lot of trash though, this forum is better without them!
big guys don't run;210989 said:
KokodaMidget;210777 said:
Neville, you won't hear anything form Middo as he has imposed a media ban on everyone from Toot Toot ville, which includes this site here. He doesn't want anything upsetting the applecart on the march to the big one.

well a media ban...maybe they should have thought of that earlier in the season with all the hype they said about themselves.ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!! Well the season is over for most of us and what a season .Firstly it was going to be over by christmas but we got rain and we have made it to march. But let me say the league does need to look into some of the grounds a bit better next season. Enough of that.

Who's going to win provincal ??????? i'm picking east v north with north taking it home. District (toot toot ) Grade new city v dederang but it will be close depending on the wicket.......

Well done to New city for getting both sides in finals in there come back year.And best of luck to warriors in b grade and go all the way @| @| @|

The Reverse Sweeper;210783 said:
Someone actually reads this crap.I was wondering who it was.:confused:
Just a suggestion for the Border Mail get a real local identity a Spiteri,Ball or Purtell type to do the column.I even have the title "THE FINAL SAY".

Yeah, The KnightWatchman column is one of the more boring pieces you can read, but would we be wanting to hear from those 3 dissenters....lol. At least they might say something interesting, well, Ball & Purtell would, as Spiteri apparantly said nothing & still copped a ban, what sort of joke was that tribunal 'hearing'...?:mad:

KokodaMidget;211499 said:
Yeah, The KnightWatchman column is one of the more boring pieces you can read, but would we be wanting to hear from those 3 dissenters....lol. At least they might say something interesting, well, Ball & Purtell would, as Spiteri apparantly said nothing & still copped a ban, what sort of joke was that tribunal 'hearing'...?:mad:

After seeing the TV last night Spiteri should look at getting into that.He is a natural unlike Grant Ball and that rug he wears and I needed a wide screen TV to see all of Trent Ball.

Apparently the 3 of them were only going for the drive anyway!
KokodaMidget;211499 said:

skippy;211530 said:
Apparently the 3 of them were only going for the drive anyway!

Nah skippy, that will be country week next year, when they will all be part of the unoffcial party, they will dress up like the 3 wise monkeys & volunteer their time to improving the standards of umpires around the state, as we all know, umpires are deaf, blind & dumb!

KokodaMidget;211783 said:
Nah skippy, that will be country week next year, when they will all be part of the unoffcial party, they will dress up like the 3 wise monkeys & volunteer their time to improving the standards of umpires around the state, as we all know, umpires are deaf, blind & dumb!

I would think that as part of their rehabilitation they could umpire the C grade this weekend.:D
Mark Purtell could go with Alan Sang,Mick Spiteri with Noel West and Trent Ball could help out John Exton.It would be fantastic for Cricket and these guys could see it from another perspective.@|
Surely we get 2 umpires for a C grade final.There must be enough quality guys finished cricket now that could help out.:confused: :confused:

The Reverse Sweeper;211822 said:
I would think that as part of their rehabilitation they could umpire the C grade this weekend.:D
Mark Purtell could go with Alan Sang,Mick Spiteri with Noel West and Trent Ball could help out John Exton.It would be fantastic for Cricket and these guys could see it from another perspective.@|
Surely we get 2 umpires for a C grade final.There must be enough quality guys finished cricket now that could help out.:confused: :confused:

Very good point reverse sweeper, but what happens when the 3 mentioned blokes outperform the regular umpires....? I know Spiteri has already umpired a C grade game this year, getting very good reviews with his knowledge of the laws of cricket, particularly those that relate to the LBW rules!!!!

Interesting results on the weekend.

Surprised to see Baranduda knock off Yack......i think they will now be to good for New City and may well meet Yack again in the final.

The usual suspects got thru in Provincial, should be a North Albury v East Albury Grand Final where the toss of the coin might decide the winner!:cool:

neville;212439 said:

Surprised to see Baranduda knock off Yack......i think they will now be to good for New City and may well meet Yack again in the final.

The usual suspects got thru in Provincial, should be a North Albury v East Albury Grand Final where the toss of the coin might decide the winner!:cool:

Should be 4 cracker games in the A grade this weekend@| @|

does anyone know what the go is with the provincial under 17 grand final? after playing on hard wickets all year the final is listed to be at scots' wilson oval. wilson oval isnt the greatest of pitches in the region dare i say it and as far as i am aware both teams wished to play on a hard wicket and made this clear to both o donnell and erdeljac. this could possibly turn a high quality game of cricket into a farce, as a poor pitch and inexperienced turf players could lead to a less than entertaining brand of cricket. also has anyone heard the rumour that east albury youngster liam scammell has left the club because he was droped to 2nd grade?

neville;212439 said:

Well, Well well.....looks like old Neville got it right in District but not so Provincial. Tallangatta won on the back of an inspired spell by Woody....... who would have thought a bath in corterzone could do so much???

Interesting decision ahead for the league for whoever wins district next week and subsequent promotion. For me it will be Yack and better them then Baranduda as barandudas facilities are terrible at best!

Watch out for New City next year!!!! With there first year back in being so successful they will certainly pick up more recruits and will definitely build to being a force in the local cricket area. They have a good group on thier committee who will push for bigger and better things next year.

Commiserations to Dederang who where definitely the best team in the competition all year.....looks like the boys from out there will have some soul searching to do over the winter!

Good luck to all involved in this weeks action!!

neville;213900 said:
Well, Well well.....looks like old Neville got it right in District but not so Provincial. Tallangatta won on the back of an inspired spell by Woody....... who would have thought a bath in corterzone could do so much???

Interesting decision ahead for the league for whoever wins district next week and subsequent promotion. For me it will be Yack and better them then Baranduda as barandudas facilities are terrible at best!

Watch out for New City next year!!!! With there first year back in being so successful they will certainly pick up more recruits and will definitely build to being a force in the local cricket area. They have a good group on thier committee who will push for bigger and better things next year.

Commiserations to Dederang who where definitely the best team in the competition all year.....looks like the boys from out there will have some soul searching to do over the winter!

Good luck to all involved in this weeks action!!

New City would want to improve their fielding if they are going to improve next year, from what i witnessed, they were terrible, cost themselves probably 30 runs due to their slowness, & add another 30 runs to some bizarre field placings. They had an opportunity to win, but some poor planning & execution meant they didn't give themselves a chance.

No surprise to see Dederang out, their batting was always going to be their achilles heal, especially against Yack who have a pretty good bowling line up, & managed to scramble enough runs to defend. Expect to see yack go back to back, & then refuse to get promoted again.

Tallangatta & East will be a cracker. Not in the least surprised that Tallangatta beat North Albury, & they have the firepower to beat East this week as well. East will start deseved favourites, & really should win, however i can see Woody knocking Peebo over in the first over, & that will mean East don't get off to a flyer. The respective opening batsmen hold the key to this match. i reckon Tallangatta might sneak home.

Just wondering KokodaMidget if you ever played for a Junior Footy Club and possibly an Indoor Cricket Side with the name KOKODA ?

hi there cricket lovers:) i have been away for a little while but what i have found out it seems like a life time.Well done to Warriors and The 9 Man for taking home the Flag in District B Grade on the weekend.@|@| Super effort guys and party on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done to east albury and Yack.Just wondering how Yack will cope next season when playing East,North,Tallangatta and Lavi???? 2 in a row up you go!!!! Good to hear that Dederand senior players had time to support there c grade in winning the flag on the weekend.

When I was away I was shocked to hear The ranga's had derailed!!!!!! Almost Middo Almost Almost!!!!!!!!

Any news on Choo Choo???? Get well so old timer!!!!!!!@|

KokodaMidget;214072 said:
New City would want to improve their fielding if they are going to improve next year, from what i witnessed, they were terrible, cost themselves probably 30 runs due to their slowness, & add another 30 runs to some bizarre field placings. They had an opportunity to win, but some poor planning & execution meant they didn't give themselves a chance.

No surprise to see Dederang out, their batting was always going to be their achilles heal, especially against Yack who have a pretty good bowling line up, & managed to scramble enough runs to defend. Expect to see yack go back to back, & then refuse to get promoted again.

Tallangatta & East will be a cracker. Not in the least surprised that Tallangatta beat North Albury, & they have the firepower to beat East this week as well. East will start deseved favourites, & really should win, however i can see Woody knocking Peebo over in the first over, & that will mean East don't get off to a flyer. The respective opening batsmen hold the key to this match. i reckon Tallangatta might sneak home.

Yes mate i have been told that New City are and were terrible in the field but i geuss thats what you get with half the side being over 34!!

Can't comment on thier field placings as i wasn't there but i will add that they certainly didin't score enough runs to deserve to win the game! By the looks of Schliebs and Bailey New City must have paid them in hamburgers for the year.........might be best to oofer them salads next year if they stick around!!!
I've heard they could be heading back to Kiewa.

Well done to both Yack and East Albury who were deserved winners. if Yack refuse to go up they need to be kicked out of the competition, CAW need to get hard on this promotion/Relegation thing if it is to work!

The silly season should be at least 4-5 months away but already there are rumours of players leaving clubs for other clubs etc.

is it true that Dederang can expect Rod Barton there next year?? Someone out that way must have found another money bag!! Also heard 3-4 North Albury blokes will be heading out (or back) to Howlong!!

I will be interested to see how this forum goes over winter, for now this is the last you will hear from me, again well done to all who won flags this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back