Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Any confirmed gun recruits picked up by any clubs yet this year?
I know there are a few guys coming into town from the Holbrook league but wouldn't expect any of them to be A-grade superstars.

Also, any tips on a early flag favorite for Prov or Dist?

youd have to reckon that itd be the usual suspects in provinical, most likely east and north, although tallangatta might be a smokey. district could throw up a few surprises but again id reckon itd be maybe Dederang Baranduda or New City

old hand;265630 said:
youd have to reckon that itd be the usual suspects in provinical, most likely east and north, although tallangatta might be a smokey. district could throw up a few surprises but again id reckon itd be maybe Dederang Baranduda or New City

old hand,
think i would be going with north as favorites, Tallangatta to be their closest rival and Lavington as the smokey.
East will drop away i bit this year, no Pooperson, salzburger,gough, the three shepard boys are gone, mcniel will be in melbourne i believe, and scammell might also be gone....doesnt leave much??
as for warnies comment about yack struggling, i agree that they will big time, but as a club you need to think long and hard about recruiting the likes of norling and purtell....they go to a club they think they can win a district flag with only to jump ship once they have done so because they dont want to step up to the next level, pretty week if you ask me??? i wonder if they will feel any guilt seeing them get belted??

ps...where is sir don???? sitting in the garden somewhere????

yeah thats true about east, scammell is gone hes up playing in canberra... the others i dont know as not having a connection with the club i dont really know the ins and outs. with yack though i dont really think its a case of players jumping ship just cos they were going up to provincial, alot of there players that have left wouldnt of bothered playing either way unless it was in a lower grade. just one of those things

yeah thats true about east, scammell is gone hes up playing in canberra... the others i dont know as not having a connection with the club i dont really know the ins and outs. with yack though i dont really think its a case of players jumping ship just cos they were going up to provincial, alot of there players that have left wouldnt of bothered playing either way unless it was in a lower grade. just one of those things

sparky;265648 said:
old hand,
think i would be going with north as favorites, Tallangatta to be their closest rival and Lavington as the smokey.
East will drop away i bit this year, no Pooperson, salzburger,gough, the three shepard boys are gone, mcniel will be in melbourne i believe, and scammell might also be gone....doesnt leave much??
as for warnies comment about yack struggling, i agree that they will big time, but as a club you need to think long and hard about recruiting the likes of norling and purtell....they go to a club they think they can win a district flag with only to jump ship once they have done so because they dont want to step up to the next level, pretty week if you ask me??? i wonder if they will feel any guilt seeing them get belted??

Still here. Just haven't seen anything worth replying to lately.

For what it's worth, I agree with your predictions Sparky. North, Tallangatta, Lavington.

sparky;265648 said:
old hand,

Still here. Just haven't seen anything worth replying to lately.

For what it's worth, I agree with your predictions Sparky. North, Tallangatta, Lavington.

Is it true that the Border Express Cup is going to be a 20/20 comp this year? I heard the other day that there's going to be five rounds rather than a knockout this year. Can anyone confirm?

What a waste of time! I don't reckon the Provincial clubs will be too keen on the idea.

mate i really hope there is no truth to that rumour at all, I cant see any provinical or district clubs being keen to play it. If they want to have a 20/20 comp why not just have it on a weekday afternoon as a twilight comp (preferably knock out) and keep the BEC as it is? Personally I hate playing 20/20 but it seems to be the way of the future.

Is it true that the Border Express Cup is going to be a 20/20 comp this year? I heard the other day that there's going to be five rounds rather than a knockout this year. Can anyone confirm?

What a waste of time! I don't reckon the Provincial clubs will be too keen on the idea.

mate i really hope there is no truth to that rumour at all, I cant see any provinical or district clubs being keen to play it. If they want to have a 20/20 comp why not just have it on a weekday afternoon as a twilight comp (preferably knock out) and keep the BEC as it is? Personally I hate playing 20/20 but it seems to be the way of the future.

Wanie eat your heart out;236775 said:
C'mon run out ,just having a bit of fun . Abbs and steve wats going on with you two??I think when you two play against each other this season, you will be bowling underarm to each other.
run out has got a point lets talk some cricket. Is there any one from yack out there and how are they going to fair? sounds like they might struggle.
If they are going to be as noncompetetive as ive heard, is it really worth them going up.It might actually harm there developement as a club!!
Has CAW thought about this? them getting belted every week*(if its tru what Ive been hearing) Might take them a few years to recover??

WEYHO..

I am with Wanie eat your heart out on this one...

Castello, Barton, Wilson, Andersons x 2, Sharrock etc. were/are in Barto and Abbot's case greater cricketers than anything out of Lavington - I haven't played first grade (yet) but it would appear to me that over the years Lavi players haven't liked it hard and tough (even Tallangatta beat them in a final). I would have to say RA Barton is one of the greatest players (and sportsmen) in the district. Players like him and Marti Garoni don't come along too often and we should all sit back and enjoy his final years. He should get a Robert Harvey type send of if he ever decides to retire.

The Kookaburra;266909 said:

Castello, Barton, Wilson, Andersons x 2, Sharrock etc. were/are in Barto and Abbot's case greater cricketers than anything out of Lavington - I haven't played first grade (yet) but it would appear to me that over the years Lavi players haven't liked it hard and tough (even Tallangatta beat them in a final). I would have to say RA Barton is one of the greatest players (and sportsmen) in the district. Players like him and Marti Garoni don't come along too often and we should all sit back and enjoy his final years. He should get a Robert Harvey type send of if he ever decides to retire.

Arrr Kookaburra, you sound like a very inteligent individual, just the sort of person we need on this forum. very interessted in your views on local cricket,I do detect a bit of sarcasm in your writing. but i would definately have Mr Wayne Sharock up there with Garoni and Barto as greatest sportsman.

Wanie eat your heart out;236775 said:
C'mon run out ,just having a bit of fun . Abbs and steve wats going on with you two??I think when you two play against each other this season, you will be bowling underarm to each other.
run out has got a point lets talk some cricket. Is there any one from yack out there and how are they going to fair? sounds like they might struggle.
If they are going to be as noncompetetive as ive heard, is it really worth them going up.It might actually harm there developement as a club!!
Has CAW thought about this? them getting belted every week*(if its tru what Ive been hearing) Might take them a few years to recover??

WEYHO..

Wanie eat your heart out;266923 said:
Arrr Kookaburra, you sound like a very inteligent individual, just the sort of person we need on this forum. very interessted in your views on local cricket,I do detect a bit of sarcasm in your writing. but i would definately have Mr Wayne Sharock up there with Garoni and Barto as greatest sportsman.

I'm sure Barto would be impressed to be compared to Marty. Aren't they both in the Gundowring Hall of Fame?

I always thought Marti Garoni was the only one who rated Marti Garoni as a great cricketer.

Wanie eat your heart out;266923 said:

I'm sure Barto would be impressed to be compared to Marty. Aren't they both in the Gundowring Hall of Fame?

mate anyone who was able to play for NSW country has to be a fairly decent cricketer, you cant get picked for sides like that if your not, marti certainly wasnt the only one who rated him.

I always thought Marti Garoni was the only one who rated Marti Garoni as a great cricketer.

mate anyone who was able to play for NSW country has to be a fairly decent cricketer, you cant get picked for sides like that if your not, marti certainly wasnt the only one who rated him.

Laser Technician;266882 said:
ha old burnsy hey doin the switch to patties. i was told he was making a return to north..

Laser tech, why arnt you at work, Do some home work and find out about Burnsie , Congrats on your effort on the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back