Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11 (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy I was talking to re the signing was talking it up, bowls heat appartently? Not sure never seen him play, cant be too good if RUnions record is anything to go by........
I remember playing against him a few years ago and ge was definitely sharp. Lost his way a bit I think in a ordinary side. Will be interesting to see how he comes along and to see if GI's can have another good year or whether it was a fluke!!!! Have the likes of Bulleen, Ashburton and St Kevins picked anyone up????

Mont Albert have lost that fat opening bat pom and that lanky miserable opening bowler pom and replace them with a guy who plays for Yorkshire and a keeper/bat.

Who is the best player to have played in the comp in the last 10 years? My vote is for Shaun Carey. Anyone else think of any1 good?
Is this based on the fact that he had played 1st class cricket? What were Shaun Carey's stats? He played for 2 maybe 3 years didn't he? Couldn't bat. I was decidedly unimpressed when we played him. Looked disintersted. He obviously got some bounce because he was so tall but he wasn't that quick and didn't swing it much either.
I think Cam Carey or Jarrod Bradly have been much better bowlers in the ECA over the last 10 years.

Is this based on the fact that he had played 1st class cricket? What were Shaun Carey's stats? He played for 2 maybe 3 years didn't he? Couldn't bat. I was decidedly unimpressed when we played him. Looked disintersted. He obviously got some bounce because he was so tall but he wasn't that quick and didn't swing it much either.
I think Cam Carey or Jarrod Bradly have been much better bowlers in the ECA over the last 10 years.
Agree with that call, Bradley and Carey had a big impact on the competition for a long time. Who is taking up the gloves for Monty? I'm not surprised they're looking to upgrade, Devine is older than dirt!

Cam Carey was quick and Jarrod was a great bowler, but Shaun Carey was the best by a long way, IMO. I think he was quite old when he played with Mount Albert. Spider is a great bowler with Mulgrave too. The big guy from Skevs is a good bowler, but I think he's injured a lot. Spud is a very consistent bowler.

Cam Carey was quick and Jarrod was a great bowler, but Shaun Carey was the best by a long way, IMO. I think he was quite old when he played with Mount Albert. Spider is a great bowler with Mulgrave too. The big guy from Skevs is a good bowler, but I think he's injured a lot. Spud is a very consistent bowler.
Why was he good? What were his stats? He was well washed up by the time he got to the ECA IMHO.
Spud is also challenging Carey and Bradley as a legend bowler of the ECA. Another 2 succesful years and he will be right up there.

I can't find the stats anywhere, but I think he took 60 wickets at about 8 in his first year and maybe 30 wickets in his second. No one has even got close to his first year in the last 20 years. To get 50 or 60 wickets when 30 is a good year means that he was effectively twice as good as most of the great players. Remember he played 1st Class cricket and Spud was a good, solid, District 2's player, so the gulf is massive by any definition. Anyway, he got me out both times I played him, and, having faced both him, Spud and Bradley a lot, he's the best by miles. But it's just an opinion.

I can't find the stats anywhere, but I think he took 60 wickets at about 8 in his first year and maybe 30 wickets in his second. No one has even got close to his first year in the last 20 years. To get 50 or 60 wickets when 30 is a good year means that he was effectively twice as good as most of the great players. Remember he played 1st Class cricket and Spud was a good, solid, District 2's player, so the gulf is massive by any definition. Anyway, he got me out both times I played him, and, having faced both him, Spud and Bradley a lot, he's the best by miles. But it's just an opinion.
50+ wickets is an awesome year. I had no idea he had that good a year 1st up. Would that have been 2004/05? I think i faced him 2005/06 and perhaps he wasn't that interested anymore. Does anybody know what is the most wickets a Dunstan bowler has taken in a season?

50+ wickets is an awesome year. I had no idea he had that good a year 1st up. Would that have been 2004/05? I think i faced him 2005/06 and perhaps he wasn't that interested anymore. Does anybody know what is the most wickets a Dunstan bowler has taken in a season?
I don't know, but I can't remember more than that. I'm sure some of the older legends would have taken a lot of wickets, especially in the olden days when the wickets were uncovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back