Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rich City do a pretty solid tea, like someone said before the little hot dogs r great. Canterbury putting out a plate of sushi last year was a bold move, that and there cold pies!

Looking more and more like another washed out sat this week

With it looking increasingly likely that turf will again be washed out again, and to not continue the bitch fest against synth, (worthy as it is J ) I thought I’d put up a best and worst list of the cricket we play….

Positives first... (in no particular order)
- The banter with blokes you haven’t seen for 5/6 months.
- The amazing catch someone takes that you see first hand.
- A ridiculous six hit further than you’ve ever seen. (personally the best I’ve seen is a six hit into the police station at Richmond City, new ball required)
- Seeing the improvement of ‘that’ 15 year old that all clubs have.
- Watching your tail wag, big style, to crush the hope of the opposition.
- Etc, etc, etc…

And now the negatives…
- Morons with the hand writing of an epileptic 6 year old doing the score book. (one of my pet hates)
- Pi$$ weak cordial at drinks.
- Turning up to training and seeing the F wit you hoped had either quit cricket all together or moved to another club.
- Run Outs. Bull$hit not out decisions by the square leg when you only have 1 umpire. (you know who you are, and I have a good memory).
- Rain.
- Synth.
- Etc, etc, etc…

Canterbury putting out a plate of sushi last year was a bold move

Quality. *Golf clap to Canterbury*. I put out a platter of sushi and sashimi last season, soy sause, ginger, wasabi, the works. The looks from the knuckle draggers from **** CC was hilarious.

With it looking increasingly likely that turf will again be washed out again, and to not continue the bitch fest against synth, (worthy as it is J ) I thought I’d put up a best and worst list of the cricket we play….

Positives first... (in no particular order)
- The banter with blokes you haven’t seen for 5/6 months.
- The amazing catch someone takes that you see first hand.
- A ridiculous six hit further than you’ve ever seen. (personally the best I’ve seen is a six hit into the police station at Richmond City, new ball required)
- Seeing the improvement of ‘that’ 15 year old that all clubs have.
- Watching your tail wag, big style, to crush the hope of the opposition.
- Etc, etc, etc…

And now the negatives…
- Morons with the hand writing of an epileptic 6 year old doing the score book. (one of my pet hates)
- Pi$$ weak cordial at drinks.
- Turning up to training and seeing the F wit you hoped had either quit cricket all together or moved to another club.
- Run Outs. Bull$hit not out decisions by the square leg when you only have 1 umpire. (you know who you are, and I have a good memory).
- Rain.
- Synth.
- Etc, etc, etc…

Best thing is taking the mickey out of your teammates. Always great fun. Also just enjoying success with your mates is great.

Rich City do a pretty solid tea, like someone said before the little hot dogs r great. Canterbury putting out a plate of sushi last year was a bold move, that and there cold pies!

Looking more and more like another washed out sat this week

Such a shame. Everyone seems ready to go and the bad thing is that the first two weeks were perfect weather and we couldn't get on!

I keep hearing Glen Iris are going to get relegated from Dunstan from alot of pundits on here...but apart from the fact that someone has nominated Grubich is their key player in an earlier comment and the fact that Frank Morris and Sean someone are their cranky old thirds players...does anyone know anything else about them?

What's their strength? Batting, bowling, fielding??? Or is it only drinking?

I know a few committee members at Glen Iris,good blokes,both fat and bald,overated old 2nds players they are,the Secretary is a champion and always looks after visiting clubs,they tell me the club has alot of young up and coming guns in the 1sts/2nds and the club is on the rise,i think he said they have 15 junior sides,which is massive,they won the under 16A GF last year easily and the club is going to be the next power house of the ECA,Im not sure about that but we will wait and see how they go in Dunstan. There Ones have alot of talant and plenty of character and are tough to beat at the fortress(Eric Raven). They had a bit to say last year on the field but backed it with the ball. There captain plays the game hard but will have a beer later,the off spinner is a nob jockey,the pace attack is honest with some crafty bowling and the middle order bats hit it harder then John Daly,the keeper is the best going around. They are a good bunch of blokes off the ground and will do Dunstan proud. I hope i have given you all insight to the A grade premiers,good luck for the season and good punting..

Looks like no.9 was off the mark with Tribe on the weekend. 55 first up.

Looks like both of us were on the mark with Morris though...

Yer that Morris played at our club 15 years ago,has alot to say and plenty of tickets on himself,average bloke,is he paying Glen Iris to have him there,is he paying for his drinks yet?

I know a few committee members at Glen Iris,good blokes,both fat and bald,overated old 2nds players they are,the Treasurer is a champion and always looks after visiting clubs,they tell me the club has alot of young up and coming guns in the 1sts/2nds and the club is on the rise,i think he said they have 15 junior sides,which is massive,they won the under 16A GF last year easily and the club is going to be the next power house of the ECA,Im not sure about that but we will wait and see how they go in Dunstan. There Ones have alot of talant and plenty of character and are tough to beat at the fortress(Eric Raven). They had a bit to say last year on the field but backed it with the ball. There captain plays the game hard but will have a beer later,the off spinner is a nob jockey,the pace attack is honest with some crafty bowling and the middle order bats hit it harder then John Daly,the keeper is the best going around. They are a good bunch of blokes off the ground and will do Dunstan proud. I hope i have given you all insight to the A grade premiers,good luck for the season and good punting..

Can't wait to see them at Stradbroke! We have some good players too.....

"Good morning, and welcome to the wet weather line of the ECA for Saturday 16th October. Please be advised that all players must report to grounds where you will stand around smoking for 3 hours in ankle deep water upon which time you will pay the umpires and ruin any chance you had of going to the races".

"Good morning, and welcome to the wet weather line of the ECA for Saturday 16th October. Please be advised that all players must report to grounds where you will stand around smoking for 3 hours in ankle deep water upon which time you will pay the umpires and ruin any chance you had of going to the races".

Very funny

Note to self: need to buy extra pack of smokes tomorrow.

I know a few committee members at Glen Iris,good blokes,both fat and bald,overated old 2nds players they are,the Secretary is a champion and always looks after visiting clubs,they tell me the club has alot of young up and coming guns in the 1sts/2nds and the club is on the rise,i think he said they have 15 junior sides,which is massive,they won the under 16A GF last year easily and the club is going to be the next power house of the ECA,Im not sure about that but we will wait and see how they go in Dunstan. There Ones have alot of talant and plenty of character and are tough to beat at the fortress(Eric Raven). They had a bit to say last year on the field but backed it with the ball. There captain plays the game hard but will have a beer later,the off spinner is a nob jockey,the pace attack is honest with some crafty bowling and the middle order bats hit it harder then John Daly,the keeper is the best going around. They are a good bunch of blokes off the ground and will do Dunstan proud. I hope i have given you all insight to the A grade premiers,good luck for the season and good punting..

Glen Iris struggle as people and Grubich is the biggest tool in the ECA. They will also get relegated this year, and even North Balwyn will bend them over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back