Eca 2011/2012

Conference - stupid idea. Cut out the bashing of Deepdene. I doubt the season will be all that much different to previous seasons, the strong will be strong again and the promoted sides will struggle. History is a bitch and it's just what happens, so to all the middle of the range clubs and lower clubs, it will, again, be a long season.

O'Shea to Burwood is an indictment on Danny - if he's more keen on cash than playing State cricket, Victoria is better of without him. He has a lot to learn about life.

Conference - stupid idea. Cut out the bashing of Deepdene. I doubt the season will be all that much different to previous seasons, the strong will be strong again and the promoted sides will struggle. History is a bitch and it's just what happens, so to all the middle of the range clubs and lower clubs, it will, again, be a long season.

O'Shea to Burwood is an indictment on Danny - if he's more keen on cash than playing State cricket, Victoria is better of without him. He has a lot to learn about life.

Thanks Mr Negative. You defintely need some of what Reg is on!

Confirming - Deepdene under investigation. Points and financial penalties under consideration. Could we see them playing for no points for the rest of the season - Melbourne Storm style???

Found out a few interesting statistics about the St.Barnabas Cricket Club via the latest ABS census data:

* More convicted criminals per capita than any other cricket club in Victoria.
* A disproportionately high incidence of linguistic impairment.
* Disproportionately low IQ levels, compared with other clubs in Melbourne's east.

I'm sure the promoted clubs will hope that they struggle like Glen Iris did last year!

I for one, am thoroughly enjoying Reg's comic genius, he is going a long way to keep this forum what it should be, a light hearted bit of fun.

Found out a few interesting statistics about the St.Barnabas Cricket Club via the latest ABS census data:

* More convicted criminals per capita than any other cricket club in Victoria.
* A disproportionately high incidence of linguistic impairment.
* Disproportionately low IQ levels, compared with other clubs in Melbourne's east.

hahaha gold!

The world would be a better place in the Deepdene Cricket Club didn't exist. They should be invesitgated for harbouring a committee of arguably the worlds biggest douche bags.

Do the world a favour and fold your disgrace of a club.

The world would be a better place in the Deepdene Cricket Club didn't exist. They should be invesitgated for harbouring a committee of arguably the worlds biggest douche bags.

Is that really adding anything to this forum?

Not every club is going to like other clubs. That's the nature of the beast. However, these stupid generalised comments annoy me. Barnies wear bright Orange shirts to work, Deepdene are douches. So boring.

Whenever I've played against Deepdene I've always been able to have a chat about the game over a Beer afterwards.

Now this forum may be about light hearted banter to some. For me if I want a laugh I'll watch Anchorman. Here I want to talk about ECA Cricket. Good players, Impressive youngsters, pitches, balls, whether there needs to be rule changes etc.

Or have I missed the point?

Is that really adding anything to this forum?

Not every club is going to like other clubs. That's the nature of the beast. However, these stupid generalised comments annoy me. Barnies wear bright Orange shirts to work, Deepdene are douches. So boring.

Whenever I've played against Deepdene I've always been able to have a chat about the game over a Beer afterwards.

Now this forum may be about light hearted banter to some. For me if I want a laugh I'll watch Anchorman. Here I want to talk about ECA Cricket. Good players, Impressive youngsters, pitches, balls, whether there needs to be rule changes etc.

Or have I missed the point?

Totally agree Rozza
Getting on a forum like this and anonymously bagging clubs or individuals or making up lies about clubs folding (sorry to labour this point) is about as gutless as you can get. I plan to diplomatically dispell any lies about my club if they are posted. Rumours can get around and destabilise clubs if they are not pointed out whether in jest or not.
And totally ignore stupid rants like the one about Deepdene.

This just simply isn't cricket mate!

Would you like to oust your identity, or at least which club you are from? For such strong words, you should be able to stand by them and cop a bit of heat on the pitch if you can't back them up. By fessing up, you might be able to hold onto a resemblance of respect.

This just simply isn't cricket mate!

Would you like to oust your identity, or at least which club you are from? For such strong words, you should be able to stand by them and cop a bit of heat on the pitch if you can't back them up. By fessing up, you might be able to hold onto a resemblance of respect.
Reg is involved with Cashburton and his his identity is known by some on this forum. This season he seems to have an aversion to the truth.

For people to hide behind their computers and go around saying stupid things like that, I hope karma bites you in the arse. I think there are a few sour grapes involved there. This forum is about the eca not who are wankers and so on.

I completely agree- comments like this don't help anyone. I did notice a washout in the depths of turf cricket on the weekend involving deepdeene, an unimpressed cashburton player perchance?

Moving on to the far more interesting topic of Dunstan Cricket, do we think the GI's will be hoping for another wet season? Can't help but notice they opted for another bat out of the UK, just not sure how they're bowling line up will cope if we get some hot days and flat decks? Any thoughts?

Back