Eca 2011/2012

xxx you must be kidding man. Why start a converasation with best all arounders and not have parsins? or davidson? do you even play in this comp? have you heard of my cricket? should take a peek at it before you post crap man.
sturgess doesnt bowl, slack doesnt bowl (or bat according to fuzbucket,) , lilly has played 1 game. and how can he be included in the best?

Yeah sorry stumpy. I think I didn't explain myself. I think it all goes into the package of being a quality 'keeper.
Batting, Keeping, Ability to annoy, Gee up team mates.
I just really hated the term keeping all rounder!
Roza, I don't like the words keeping all arounder either - but as they dont bowl it is unfair to leave them out!

Deepdene vs St Kevins - Going with Bears at home.
Marcellin vs Bulleen - Bulleen will be better in 2 dayers where their stars can play a bigger part. If Davidson is injured I might change my tip tomorrow.
Ashburton vs Hawthorn - Hawthorn beat Ashy in this fixture last year but going with Ashy, Just.
Mont Albert vs Glen Iris - Mont Albert are not a great 1 days side. Batters are steady accumulators. Will be better in 2 dayers. Where is Hargreaves?
East Doncaster vs Boronia - East Donny at home.
Richmond City vs Mulgrave - RC's young players full of confidence after stirring Bulleen win. Big woolly on fire.

The old tipping with your heart and not your head ey Terry?! Lol. Well, at least if your boys get up you'll be one up on everyone in the tipping comp!

Who are the best all-rounders presently in Dunstan?? Some food for thought....

Davidson (Bull)
Tongue (Haw)
Swift (Ash)
Hargreaves (MA)
Slack (Mulg)
Lilly (MA)
Fernon (StK)
Sturgess (Deep)
Keeping all-rounders
Devine (MA)
Alev (Mulg)

Can't believe you have included Lilly and Slack in this list. Should earn your stripes in ECA. Fernon and Sturgess are not all rounders ? How could you miss Parsons?
How about some science in this. I have listed Dunstan averages in MyCricket below. As suspected Swift and Davidson are not much more than bowlers who bat a bit.

Player Bat Bowl Diff
Parsons (Deep) 57.87 12.13 45.74
Tongue (Haw) 47.42 14.99 32.43
Hargreaves (MA) 35.08 12.85 22.23
Swift (Ash) 30.13 17.24 12.89
Davidson (Bull) 24.2 17.24 6.96

Well if you're picking a keeper for a team of the year, it has to go on runs scored doesnt it, not catches?

Who is the best keeper in dunstan this year?I think its out of

Baker (StK)
Alev (Mul)
Armstrong (GI)
I would pick Armstrong. has a good record and bats aggressively which is always a bonus.

Who are the best all-rounders presently in Dunstan?? Some food for thought....

Davidson (Bull)
Tongue (Haw)
Swift (Ash)
Hargreaves (MA)
Slack (Mulg)
Lilly (MA)
Fernon (StK)
Sturgess (Deep)
Keeping all-rounders
Devine (MA)
Alev (Mulg)

Agree with top 4 names. Include Parsnip and you have a handy list of all rounders.
Sturgess?? would have to bowl the worst spinners I hvae ever seen. Couldn't buy a wicket to save himself.
Slack, well are you rating on ECA performances? Or reputation Last season took 1/80. Hardly an all rounder! Do you look at stats at all XXXX??

Can't believe you have included Lilly and Slack in this list. Should earn your stripes in ECA. Fernon and Sturgess are not all rounders ? How could you miss Parsons?
How about some science in this. I have listed Dunstan averages in MyCricket below. As suspected Swift and Davidson are not much more than bowlers who bat a bit.

Player Bat Bowl Diff
Parsons (Deep) 57.87 12.13 45.74
Tongue (Haw) 47.42 14.99 32.43
Hargreaves (MA) 35.08 12.85 22.23
Swift (Ash) 30.13 17.24 12.89
Davidson (Bull) 24.2 17.24 6.96

Based on these stats, Fernon should defintely be included: Fernon (Skevs) 50.58 16.17 34.41
He doesn't bowl a LOT, but the bowling average is over 35 wickets, including 3/33 against the reigning premiers on the weekend, so you'd have to count that as all-rounder wouldn't you?

Based on these stats, Fernon should defintely be included: Fernon (Skevs) 50.58 16.17 34.41
He doesn't bowl a LOT, but the bowling average is over 35 wickets, including 3/33 against the reigning premiers on the weekend, so you'd have to count that as all-rounder wouldn't you?
I think you are including A turf stats which I didn't. Just think it makes it easier to compare if you use Dunstan only.

I think you are including A turf stats which I didn't. Just think it makes it easier to compare if you use Dunstan only.

True, but mycricket has only been keeping stats for a relatively short period. Before Fernon was bowling regularly, he was keeping (and a damn good one at that), so maybe we should add him to the "keeping all-rounder" conversation then. His stats in Dunstan run far before mycricket was keeping stats for this comp, enough to get him selected in the ECA team of the decade.

xxx you must be kidding man. Why start a converasation with best all arounders and not have parsins? or davidson? do you even play in this comp? have you heard of my cricket? should take a peek at it before you post crap man.
sturgess doesnt bowl, slack doesnt bowl (or bat according to fuzbucket,) , lilly has played 1 game. and how can he be included in the best?

Hey cricketstump...it's XXXX!!! And don't u forget it.

Hey man, I had Davo on top of list. Class act! I agree, should've included Parrsons.

Re: sturgess, not sure of his numbers (some of us don't live on mycricket 24/7) and with slack, i thought he killed it in 10/11. U may be able to tell me his numbers if your that obsessed with mycricket.

Have I played in this comp....not sure, u tell me cricketstump...wat does mycricket tell u??

I agree with Aturf not included. I think batsmen from last season who bowl should be picked cos it was a hard year to make runs.

looking at top 20 runs scorers from last season who bowl.

Toungue - 2nd pick all arounder. good opening bowler 100 wickets.
Aldons - bowls a bit? he used to from memory, not sure now.
Vance - he bowl? I heard he is good. but so can't comment on all arounder status.
Parsins - Have to be 1st pick all arounder.. 67 wickets at 13
Hargraves - good opening bowler
Porter, he bowls a bit? my cricket says bowling av 31?
Day - 27 wickets at 14. spinner?
Keogh - definitely and overlooked here on this. He playing again? 35 wickets @12
Fernon - not sure if A turf or not but took 3 on weekend.

Hey man, I had Davo on top of list. Class act! I agree, should've included Parrsons.

Re: sturgess, not sure of his numbers (some of us don't live on mycricket 24/7) and with slack, i thought he killed it in 10/11. U may be able to tell me his numbers if your that obsessed with mycricket.

Have I played in this comp....not sure, u tell me cricketstump...wat does mycricket tell u??
sorry i didnt see davidson. are you from queensland or something drinking 4X. we drink carlton and VB down here my friend. I cant check you on my cricket cos I dont know your name, but i know you must be a douch bag going on your postings in this forum. care to tell us all your name?

Here are Slack's numbers in dunstan for season 10/11
129 runs @ 16.13
1 wicket at 80.

Think you probably need to go on mycricket before you go around saying they killed last year, because those numbers indicate he wasn't getting his money's worth

sorry i didnt see davidson. are you from queensland or something drinking 4X. we drink carlton and VB down here my friend. I cant check you on my cricket cos I dont know your name, but i know you must be a douch bag going on your postings in this forum. care to tell us all your name?
Relax you blokes. I doubt anyone is going to tell anyone their names and you could go on and on getting angrier at each other and it is not going to achieve much.

Relax you blokes. I doubt anyone is going to tell anyone their names and you could go on and on getting angrier at each other and it is not going to achieve much.
good call Terry. I didnt think it was needed firing up at me when i just added questions about the team XXXX posted. I think before putting other teams names and figures down it should atleast be checked or else we all think these people are taking the pi** out of the forum.

I agree with Aturf not included. I think batsmen from last season who bowl should be picked cos it was a hard year to make runs.

looking at top 20 runs scorers from last season who bowl.

Toungue - 2nd pick all arounder. good opening bowler 100 wickets.
Aldons - bowls a bit? he used to from memory, not sure now.
Vance - he bowl? I heard he is good. but so can't comment on all arounder status.
Parsins - Have to be 1st pick all arounder.. 67 wickets at 13
Hargraves - good opening bowler
Porter, he bowls a bit? my cricket says bowling av 31?
Day - 27 wickets at 14. spinner?
Keogh - definitely and overlooked here on this. He playing again? 35 wickets @12
Fernon - not sure if A turf or not but took 3 on weekend.

I would argue there is only 3 real allrounders in the comp who have proved themselves in Dunstan over the last 3-4 years.
Parsons
Tongue
Hargreaves.

Parsons has a fantstic bowling record but even then i would rate him as a batter who is a very handy bowler.
Tongue is the one true allrounder.
Hargreaves is a bowler who has a pretty decent batting record.

By the way Keogh was a pom who isn't coming back this year.

good call Terry. I didnt think it was needed firing up at me when i just added questions about the team XXXX posted. I think before putting other teams names and figures down it should atleast be checked or else we all think these people are taking the pi** out of the forum.
and i dont think we should put people or their numbers down like that. why noit comment on good stats and positive things like a good 2011 team of the year etc and things like that?

I agree XXXX's list doesn't seem to be supported by stats. it is just his opinion which is fair enough.

I would argue there is only 3 real allrounders in the comp who have proved themselves in Dunstan over the last 3-4 years.
Parsons
Tongue
Hargreaves.

Parsons has a fantstic bowling record but even then i would rate him as a batter who is a very handy bowler.
Tongue is the one true allrounder.
Hargreaves is a bowler who has a pretty decent batting record.

By the way Keogh was a pom who isn't coming back this year.
hargraves bats at 5 all year doesnt he? that is hardly a bowler with a decent batting record. would have to say parsins is a true allarounder, someone with these stats isnt a batter who bowls and agree toungue is a definite pick.
I am only basing my call from last season batting which i thought would be a good judge of batsmen in hard conditions.

Back