Eca 2011/2012

hargraves bats at 5 all year doesnt he? that is hardly a bowler with a decent batting record. would have to say parsins is a true allarounder, someone with these stats isnt a batter who bowls and agree toungue is a definite pick.
I am only basing my call from last season batting which i thought would be a good judge of batsmen in hard conditions.
Fair call. My opinion is just that Parsons is a little bit better at batting than bowling, Hargreaves the opposite and Tongue is the same at both. Although if it was 3-4 years ago I would say that Tongue was more of a bowler.

True, but mycricket has only been keeping stats for a relatively short period. Before Fernon was bowling regularly, he was keeping (and a damn good one at that), so maybe we should add him to the "keeping all-rounder" conversation then. His stats in Dunstan run far before mycricket was keeping stats for this comp, enough to get him selected in the ECA team of the decade.
I agree Harsh. Fernon is a much better player than his Dunstan stats show. I think he won the Dunstan medal in the last year before MyCricket was compulsory. I think MyCricket has been compulsory for 3 completed seasons. This the 4th. Some clubs have gone back and entered all their old data which is great. It would be fantastic if everyone did this but i guess at the moment we have to work off the last 3 years which give a reasonable (but not perfect) view of things.

I agree XXXX's list doesn't seem to be supported by stats. it is just his opinion which is fair enough.
Agree with all said. Although the STATS don't lie.... it doesn't necessarily tell you everything. Can not average well, but win a game off your own bat/ball. Interested to see who thinks are the best game changers in the comp??
I'll start:
Swift, Cox, Wright, Tongue, Aldons, Slack, Parsons?
Thoughts??

Agree with all said. Although the STATS don't lie.... it doesn't necessarily tell you everything. Can not average well, but win a game off your own bat/ball. Interested to see who thinks are the best game changers in the comp??
I'll start:
Swift, Cox, Wright, Tongue, Aldons, Slack, Parsons?
Thoughts??
Slack has not played much in this comp and think he needs to earn his stripes.
Aldons and Wright are to me steady consistent accumulators and openers.
To me a game changer is someone who comes in at 5, 6, 7 and belts a score or a bowler who can grab 3 or 4 quick wickets.
By that definition Swift, Cox and Tongue might qualify.
Cox's GF effort would support that.
GI have some aggresive middle order bats.
Big Dino from Deep can turn a game with ball or bat.
M Thompson from ED can do this
Davidson from Bulleen has a lot of big bags of wickets.

To me a game changer is someone who comes in at 5, 6, 7 and belts a score or a bowler who can grab 3 or 4 quick wickets.

You are right.
about the big fella from Deepdene? Takes wickets and can hit a large ball.

I think that a opener can be a came changer or match winner. if they bat for most of the day, see off the opening bowlers and make 50 - 100 then I think it has won the game. so I would say Aldens and Wright are a inclusion for sure. Parsins obviously making hundreds out of 160 has to be included also. what about the Rich city opener who took a hat trick.

I think that a opener can be a came changer or match winner. if they bat for most of the day, see off the opening bowlers and make 50 - 100 then I think it has won the game. so I would say Aldens and Wright are a inclusion for sure. Parsins obviously making hundreds out of 160 has to be included also. what about the Rich city opener who took a hat trick.
Match winner definitely yes. Not my difinition of game changer. May as well just list the gun bats.
Good effort of Big Woolly Kirkup to take a hatrick. Needs to consistently get wickets and bowl well. He will get there. He is actually only 25 despite looking older.

Deepdene vs. St Kevins
Marcellin vs. Bulleen
Ashburton vs. Hawthorn
Mont Albert vs. Glen Iris
East Donny vs. Boronia
Richmond City vs. Mulgrave
Few upsets there skitso! Think Skevs over Deepdene at home is a big call.... Good on you for picking RC! Lets hope so. C'mon boys!

You want in to the tipping Bombers? You can have 1 free tip which puts you 2 off the pace after the first round. You too Stumpy!!!

Deepdene vs. St Kevins
Marcellin vs. Bulleen
Ashburton vs. Hawthorn
East Donny vs. Boronia
Bit boring, but all favorites for me... and have to go RC ;) but tipped both as it will be a tough game.

TA - yeah sure.. count me in. So I get 2 for last week?
What is bombers thinking tipping both? that means you are tipping a tie in a 2 day game?

Deepdene vs. St Kevins - Bears too strong at home. but if parsons doesn't make runs will be tight.​
Marcellin vs. Bulleen - this will be a flogging, aka welcome to dunstan. bulleen to make 300.​
Ashburton vs. Hawthorn - hard game but Ashb too strong. Hawks rely to much on Toungue​
Mont Albert vs. Glen Iris - Montys to bounce back after upset last week​
East Donny vs. Boronia - Thompson to get 5 wickets. is P Thompson playing?​
Richmond City vs. Mulgrave - after beating MA last week can't go past Mulgrave but close game.​

Deepdene vs. St Kevins​
Marcellin vs. Bulleen
Ashburton vs. Hawthorn​
Mont Albert vs. Glen Iris​
East Donny vs. Boronia​
Bit boring, but all favorites for me... and have to go RC ;) but tipped both as it will be a tough game.​
Deepdene vs. St Kevins
Marcellin vs. Bulleen
Ashburton vs. Hawthorn
East Donny vs. Boronia

Deepdene vs. St Kevins​
Marcellin vs. Bulleen
Ashburton vs. Hawthorn​
Mont Albert vs. Glen Iris​
East Donny vs. Boronia​
Bit boring, but all favorites for me... and have to go RC ;) but tipped both as it will be a tough game.​
Get off the fence big fella. :)

TA - yeah sure.. count me in. So I get 2 for last week?
What is bombers thinking tipping both? that means you are tipping a tie in a 2 day game?

Deepdene vs. St Kevins - Bears too strong at home. but if parsons doesn't make runs will be tight.​
Marcellin vs. Bulleen - this will be a flogging, aka welcome to dunstan. bulleen to make 300.​
Ashburton vs. Hawthorn - hard game but Ashb too strong. Hawks rely to much on Toungue​
Mont Albert vs. Glen Iris - Montys to bounce back after upset last week​
East Donny vs. Boronia - Thompson to get 5 wickets. is P Thompson playing?​
Richmond City vs. Mulgrave - after beating MA last week can't go past Mulgrave but close game.​
But Bulleen finished above Mont Albert last year and Mont Albert aren't a great 1 day side and were missing Hargreaves.

Deepdene vs. St Kevins
Marcellin vs. Bulleen
Ashburton vs. Hawthorn
East Donny vs. Boronia

Only wish you could punt on these games...think I'd take some odds about Glen Iris.

Deepdene vs. St Kevins - Skevs - not 2 weeks in a row. Surely?
Marcellin vs. Bulleen - Bulleen will be far too strong.
Ashburton vs. Hawthorn - Could be closer than many think?
Mont Albert vs. Glen Iris - Something tells me Mont Alb aren't what they used to be?
East Donny vs. Boronia - Battle of the bogans. Boronia and their mullets in a tight one.
Richmond City vs. Mulgrave - Very hard to win you your club is under administration. Mulgrave OUTRIGHT.

Back