Eca 2011/2012

Alagaratnam is captain of Malaysia. Wasn't here last summer, when he was in 09/10 he had to play in the 2's because he arrived halfway through and Mulgrave already had a pom.
He looks to smash it, and can come off. Loves the lash.

Geez decent top order at Mulgrave if this Alagarattnum guy is batting at No4 behind Slack. Has anyone seen Morris aka "Spiderman" bowl from Mulgrave lately. I see he is still going around in Dunstan. Gr8 bowler in his day, is he still a nightmare to face??

Geez decent top order at Mulgrave if this Alagarattnum guy is batting at No4 behind Slack. Has anyone seen Morris aka "Spiderman" bowl from Mulgrave lately. I see he is still going around in Dunstan. Gr8 bowler in his day, is he still a nightmare to face??
Let's see how they perform; the game isn't played on paper. Slacky been very disappointing so far.
Spider is a legend and is still one of the best bowlers going around and easily top 10 blokes in the comp.

Let's see how they perform; the game isn't played on paper. Slacky been very disappointing so far.
Spider is a legend and is still one of the best bowlers going around and easily top 10 blokes in the comp.

Alagaratnam scored 270 runs @ 38 in 2nd Xl Cricket in 09/10. So pretty good, but Dunstan should be a big step up and I like to see big numbers to prove the talent!

I'll start a new one - best swing bowlers in the comp? Mine are, in nor order, Davidson, Hargreaves and Mackintosh. Not surprisingly, they're usually near the top each season. Tongue I don't consider a swing bowler. Bradley used to be terrific.

I'd have to say Mackintosh and Davidson best swing bowlers in Dunstan, with them both consistently getting wickets over the last few seasons. Davidson obviously a bit quicker but Mackintosh will just put it on a spot all day.

Also terry put me down as well thanks

Deepdene vs. St Kevins
Marcellin vs. Bulleen
Ashburton vs. Hawthorn
Mont Albert vs. Glen Iris
East Donny vs. Boronia
Richmond City vs. Mulgrave

RC and StK upset so i can catch up!

I'd have to say Mackintosh and Davidson best swing bowlers in Dunstan, with them both consistently getting wickets over the last few seasons. Davidson obviously a bit quicker but Mackintosh will just put it on a spot all day.

Deepdene vs. St Kevins
Marcellin vs. Bulleen
Ashburton vs. Hawthorn
East Donny vs. Boronia

Agree with you there Mate.
RC are a club on the move. I hear the new coach is doing a good job there - both on and off the field.

Anyone like to volunteer any info about Mulgrave? I actually think they don't look as strong as they have in previous years despite good win last week.
There were quite a few players in last week's team that were fringe last season. I think they rely a lot on Aldons. Who has some theories about how to bowl to him? Strengths/Weaknesses?
Day twins are good players and have been around a long time and I am sure Slack will be better this year.
Any theories on these blokes?
Any info on Alagaratnam. Looks like he played 1 Dunstan game 2 seasons ago made 75 then played the rest of the year in their 2s. Bad attitude or doesn't train?????

P.S. Don't even bother commenting Reg. I will just assume anything you write is a lie. :)
Good post. Wouldn't mind hearing a bit on this if anyone has more info?? Dangerous players? Tips? Batting/bowling??
I don't think the Mulgrave boys grace us with their presence on here. If they do, speak up??
Been a good side for a long time, are tides turning?

Terry, thought I would get my tips in early this week:

Deepdene vs. St Kevins - Skevs team performance to beat the Parsons show.
Marcellin vs. Bulleen - Good show from Marcellin last week, but 2 dayer puts them behind
Ashburton vs. Hawthorn - Ashy to bounce back
Mont Albert vs. Glen Iris - MA class too strong
East Donny vs. Boronia - Boronia foiled only by Parsons. Good show this week. Suckling to star!
Richmond City vs. Mulgrave - Would love to tip the underdog, but cant against Mulgrave.

We'll see how good my psychic abilities are!

Deepdene vs. St Kevins - Deepden to keep kicking along nicely
Marcellin vs. Bulleen - Bulleen proven performers. No substitute for experience
Ashburton vs. Hawthorn - Ashy to come back hard
Mont Albert vs. Glen Iris - Glen Iris for upset
East Donny vs. Boronia - Boronia to have first win of the year
Richmond City vs. Mulgrave - Can't bet against hem after great win last week

This round should tell us just how well everyone is travelling early in the season.

Good post. Wouldn't mind hearing a bit on this if anyone has more info?? Dangerous players? Tips? Batting/bowling??
I don't think the Mulgrave boys grace us with their presence on here. If they do, speak up??
Been a good side for a long time, are tides turning?
I think sharing info is a great idea. The most info is probably known about the good players in the established recently successful clubs so if the traditionally lower clubs can use this info to even it out a bit it will be good for the comp. I think the comp might be really even this year. I think the top clubs might have come back to the field a little. Time will tell.

Deepdene vs. St Kevins
Marcellin vs. Bulleen
Ashburton vs. Hawthorn
East Donny vs. Boronia

Private school clubs can be be real improvers if they grab a player or 2 from their school sides. I will be very interested to see how St Kevs and Marcellin go this year.

Morris has been a very good bowler for a long time. Not that quick anymore but keeps it tight.

Got all the tips in except for Woodstock. Hopefully he will get his in soon.
We now have 16 punters.
Here is what we like for this round......

Deepdene (11) vs. St Kevins(4)
Marcellin (1) vs. Bulleen (14)
Ashburton (14) vs. Hawthorn (1)
Mont Albert (11) vs. Glen Iris (4)
East Donny (8) vs. Boronia (7)
Richmond City (4) vs. Mulgrave (10)

I think Hawthorn are a bit unjustifiably unloved. Remember Ashy finished 4th on the ladder last year and without a late outright might not have made the finals. Interesting the support for Boronia. Look forward to seeing the result of that match.
The rest of the predictions are about right I think.

Got all the tips in except for Woodstock. Hopefully he will get his in soon.
We now have 16 punters.
Here is what we like for this round......

Deepdene (11) vs. St Kevins(4)
Marcellin (1) vs. Bulleen (14)
Ashburton (14) vs. Hawthorn (1)
Mont Albert (11) vs. Glen Iris (4)
East Donny (8) vs. Boronia (7)
Richmond City (4) vs. Mulgrave (10)

I think Hawthorn are a bit unjustifiably unloved. Remember Ashy finished 4th on the ladder last year and without a late outright might not have made the finals. Interesting the support for Boronia. Look forward to seeing the result of that match.
The rest of the predictions are about right I think.
So framing markets for the round, TAB would be somewehere around this:
Deepdene & MA: $1.28
Skevs & GI: $2.70
Marcellin & Hawthorn: $4.80
Bulleen & Ashy: $1.10
ED & Bor: $1.85 each of 2
Mulg: $1.30
RC: $2.50

Might be a bit out, but the TAB rip you off

Back