Eca 2011/2012

Deepdene vs. St Kevins - Skevs - not 2 weeks in a row. Surely?
Marcellin vs. Bulleen - Bulleen will be far too strong.
Ashburton vs. Hawthorn - Could be closer than many think?
Mont Albert vs. Glen Iris - Something tells me Mont Alb aren't what they used to be?
East Donny vs. Boronia - Battle of the bogans. Boronia and their mullets in a tight one.
Richmond City vs. Mulgrave - Very hard to win you your club is under administration. Mulgrave OUTRIGHT.

Long time listener first time poster, hey Reg , how do you make out that the Boronia boys are bogans and have mullets? Couldn't be further from the truth mate, none have mulletts and they certainly aren't bogans brother!! You have to get down and have a look sometime when you get off your inner city perch fella? Sounds like you have pre conceived ideas about the suburb I reckon?
A Young team, good leadership and very competitive blokes who'll have a crack everytime they walk out onto the park!

Kop, you should have stayed a long time listener and not bothered posting. I only umpire games which are less than half an hour out of the Melbourne. The ECA (and Melbourne for that matter) should end when you reach Warragul Road. Count yourself lucky I don't travel the three hours out to Boronia, or you and your mates would be on the end of 5 or 6 of my best LBW's in the first hour of play.

Reg is from North Balwyn. He has to stay anonymous because he is embarassed abour their performance in the past few years. I guess its understandable he would want to remain anonymous!

Yes, I was previously involved at Nth Balwyn but that was some time ago. I can’t be affiliated with any club when I umpire in the ECA. As I’m sure you can appreciate, I must uphold the highest of standards.

With the rain on Saturday, a lot of games will be played under "Ordinary Conditions". Do you feel the side batting 1st should be allowed to bat as long as they want? Or should they have to stop at 80 overs?

With the rain on Saturday, a lot of games will be played under "Ordinary Conditions". Do you feel the side batting 1st should be allowed to bat as long as they want? Or should they have to stop at 80 overs?

I think they should have to stop at 80. This would defintely allow more time for a result to be reached. The rules are the rules though so we just have to live with it... It won't make a difference for most games where sides are 8 or 9 down towards the end of play anyway.

The one thing it does do is make for some interesting captain decisions so we can see who backs themselves and doesn't - i.e: Do Glen Iris take the game on, declare after making a few more runs and back themselves to bowl out MA, or do they pussy out and play for the draw? Same goes for Bullen.

Boronia & Skevs have to hang on to that 10th wicket as long as possible... Probably 30-45 mins would be great if they can pull it off. That would make for an interesting days play. Chasing sides would have to attack early, but if they lose wickets will be trying to hang on for the draw.

I think they should have to stop at 80. This would defintely allow more time for a result to be reached. The rules are the rules though so we just have to live with it... It won't make a difference for most games where sides are 8 or 9 down towards the end of play anyway.

The one thing it does do is make for some interesting captain decisions so we can see who backs themselves and doesn't - i.e: Do Glen Iris take the game on, declare after making a few more runs and back themselves to bowl out MA, or do they pussy out and play for the draw? Same goes for Bullen.

Boronia & Skevs have to hang on to that 10th wicket as long as possible... Probably 30-45 mins would be great if they can pull it off. That would make for an interesting days play. Chasing sides would have to attack early, but if they lose wickets will be trying to hang on for the draw.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

Great chance for teams to play some aggressive Cricket. I can remember 5/6 years ago playing for a rather average side my team tried to bat out the 2nd day against a good side. We set them 160 off 25 overs and they got it. Justice probably done in that case!

Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

Great chance for teams to play some aggressive Cricket. I can remember 5/6 years ago playing for a rather average side my team tried to bat out the 2nd day against a good side. We set them 160 off 25 overs and they got it. Justice probably done in that case!
I can't remember too many times we've played under ordinary conditions, so I'm not too concerned how it plays out.

Agree that it will be a fascinating afternoon's cricket this weekend. My tip of Hawthorn looks ok at this stage! Does anyone know any of the individual scores from the weekend?

I can't remember too many times we've played under ordinary conditions, so I'm not too concerned how it plays out.

Agree that it will be a fascinating afternoon's cricket this weekend. My tip of Hawthorn looks ok at this stage! Does anyone know any of the individual scores from the weekend?

There were a couple of tons in A-Turf - Hancock (Maz) & Macrae (Carey). Fernando (NB) followed up his 77 from R1, with 91* on Saturday.

Not many of the Dunstan scorecards are up yet so not sure about much else... Big Dino got 4-for not much against Skevs.

There were a couple of tons in A-Turf - Hancock (Maz) & Macrae (Carey). Fernando (NB) followed up his 77 from R1, with 91* on Saturday.

Not many of the Dunstan scorecards are up yet so not sure about much else... Big Dino got 4-for not much against Skevs.
Matt Andrews got 6/18 off 21 overs for RC against Mulgrave.
Slack made 40 odd.

How was the wicket out there Terry? when do all the scores go up on mycricket? long frustrating wait! anybody know of other good performances?

Back