Eca 2011/2012

Some very interesting ins this week which means sides will be forfeiting points if they play the players they have selected.

Mont Albert have selected Tim Hargraves and Marcellin have selected their Captain, both of whom played in lower grades last week.

ECA rules (if they stand by them) state players cannot jump more than one grade per week. Therefore Hargraves (4s to 1s) and Montagna (3s to 1s) should be deemed ineligible to play. If they play no points can be awarded to them
Those rules only apply if there was a wash out in the higher grade when the player played in the lower grade.

I'm sure Lewis Jetta could shed some light on this

By all reports has bowled well without luck. Any spinner can tell you this. His economy rate has created pressure at the other end resulting in wickets for other bowlers. He is a champion and will dominate A Turf. Don't go writing a champion off yet mate cause it will bite you in the butt!

Some very interesting ins this week which means sides will be forfeiting points if they play the players they have selected.

Mont Albert have selected Tim Hargraves and Marcellin have selected their Captain, both of whom played in lower grades last week.

ECA rules (if they stand by them) state players cannot jump more than one grade per week. Therefore Hargraves (4s to 1s) and Montagna (3s to 1s) should be deemed ineligible to play. If they play no points can be awarded to them

I believe that is only in relation to washouts. Lower turf grades played one day games where higher turf grades played two dayers. So if these players were injured/went to races/ill week 1 of a game they can still jump up the grades.

If I were Mont Albert or Marcellin I would certainly be checking these rules out. We have sought clarification in the past and were told players couldn't jump two grades, be it washout or not. You wouldn't want to miss finals or be relegated on a technicality where you lose your points.

The rule was introduced to stop players playing lower grades one week and beating up on the weaker players and then returning to Dunstan the following week. It was approved by clubs.

By all reports has bowled well without luck. Any spinner can tell you this. His economy rate has created pressure at the other end resulting in wickets for other bowlers. He is a champion and will dominate A Turf. Don't go writing a champion off yet mate cause it will bite you in the butt!

champion ? come off it lewis jetta. I mean fuzzbungle. I mean OShea

I'm sure the powers that be would be checking these rules of players going up and down.

Especially because Mont Albert sit at the bottom end of the table, and Marcellin have a real opportunity to make the reigning premiers season worse!

Glen Iris v St Kevins
Marcellin v Ashburton
Mulgrave v Boronia
Mont Albert v Deepdene
Bulleen v Hawthorn
Richmond City v East Doncaster

been a tough week with the news of my boy Leon walking out so hopefully 6 tips and a win for my boys will perk me back up

as for O'shea, ive played a bit against the lad and he is a quality player with both bat and ball so i'm sure he'll do very well this year in A turf

Um, Cal, you need to read up more. All the boys are right; the rule was to stop people floating up and down especially close to finals, not where players were unavailable and played in an independent round in a lower XI.

Glen Iris v St Kevins
Marcellin v Ashburton
Mulgrave v Boronia
Mont Albert v Deepdene
Bulleen v Hawthorn
Richmond City v East Doncaster

been a tough week with the news of my boy Leon walking out so hopefully 6 tips and a win for my boys will perk me back up
Yeah tough break with Leon going walkabout Igniter, you should go for a decent footy team instead then you fool

Glen Iris v St Kevins - close game, tough to pick
Marcellin v Ashburton - easy winners
Mulgrave v Boronia - easy winners
Mont Albert v Deepdene - Deep not that good if Sturgess boys are batting in top 4
Bulleen v Hawthorn - easy winners
Richmond City v East Doncaster - easy winners

Back