England Test Cricket

Richie

Super Moderator
Staff member
With the Sth Africa series tied at 1-1 a piece the scene was set for a fitting finale starting today. But the Third and deciding Test has been postponed due the death of the wonderful Queen Liz. Tho not a monarchist I and many Australians greatly admired this iron queen. What happens now. Does Prince Charlie succeed his mother?

With the Sth Africa series tied at 1-1 a piece the scene was set for a fitting finale starting today. But the Third and deciding Test has been postponed due the death of the wonderful Queen Liz. Tho not a monarchist I and many Australians greatly admired this iron queen. What happens now. Does Prince Charlie succeed his mother?
The minute the Queen passed away Prince Charles became King Charles.
Have you watched the sketch with the Queen and Paddington Bear? It's so sweet and hilarious 😂

England may be finding out that 'bazball' may not be all its cracked up to be as the Kiwis bounced back from a poor start to win the final Test in a one run thriller. Is matches like this one that will see Test cricket survive well into the future. The man most responsible for seeing the Kiwis home was their champion batsman Kane Williamson plus some questionalble non wide calls in the dying stages.

Last edited:
The usually hapless West Indies are going alright over in England in the 1st innings, 5 down trailing by 65.

He bowls gentle medium pace but he's only 16 so plenty of time to put on a yard or two.

Batting looks very similar to Dad, quite stiff and robotic at times but heaps of power. He does seem to have a bit more about him in terms of building an innings.

He's playing 2 years above his age group currently as is Rehan Ahmeds brother who looks a very tidy spinner

Doesn't look like he bowls as well like the old man.

He bowls gentle medium pace but he's only 16 so plenty of time to put on a yard or two.

Batting looks very similar to Dad, quite stiff and robotic at times but heaps of power. He does seem to have a bit more about him in terms of building an innings.

He's playing 2 years above his age group currently as is Rehan Ahmeds brother who looks a very tidy spinner
Interesting, appreciate the info.

Welcome to the forum @

B BurlyAllRounder

Freddie was more my era. Did you play cricket. I am currently following a fellow Aussie in Lancashire League. Anywhere near you.
Wrong end of the country for me, Im from the South West but yes. One of my former teammates actually moved to St Annes CC in 2021 and has shared the pitch with Flintoffs older son Cory who is also on Lancashires books.

Been on tour there myself 15 or so years ago and we played at Blackpool CC (Faf Du Plessis was their overseas player at the time) which hosts a couple of Lancashire matches per season and at South Shore CC which was more of a slow and low village ground but did offer up a cracking lamb hotpot after the game.

B BurlyAllRounder hope you intend hanging round as plenty more other than cricket on the forum. Check out the 99.94 Club.​

I will have a look at that.

I was a member of Custom Bats Forum for the best part of 2 decades until I moved last year so have spent more time than I wish to think about discussing cricket and kit!

Last edited by a moderator:
I will have a look at that.

I was a member of Custom Bats Forum for the best part of 2 decades until I moved last year so have spent more time than I wish to think about discussing cricket and kit!
Another Ashes clash next year. We wont be rolling out so called bazball decks for your blokes

Another Ashes clash next year. We wont be rolling out so called bazball decks for your blokes
Looking forward to it, my first since moving. I did 3 Tests and 3 ODIs during the 17/18 tour, which was an amazing experience.

Bazball certainly needed a little refinement, should have won the recent home Ashes and should have won at least 1 more Test in India earlier this year.

But overall its been great to watch and certainly an improvement on the previous regime.

If England are able to get their 4 quicks fit and firing - Wood, Atkinson, Archer and Stone - it could be an interesting series. But its a big if!

Back