Guess The Item 🤔

Are the carving/s of a 'group' of real people with a common themed connection, like all being famous Composers?

Will have a think about my item.

Ok another functional item found in the home. An easy one.

Last edited:
I was thinking for some reason that Thomas would have been the only one to identify the young Yeltsin.
I'm not sure I would have. He looks more like Yanukovych cf.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viktor_Yanukovych
doesn't he? Seeing that pic would have given me a nut to crack because of Yelsin. I do admire you for being able to look at their faces each single day and, thus, paying tribute to them somehow.
What I do notice, though, which is perhaps in contrast to the perception of all of you, is that they all, and Yeltsin and Putin and Yanukovych in particular, look very much like apparatchiks. People having grown up in East Germany would smell them ten miles against the wind. Did you perceive that, too?

Last edited:
People having grown up in East Germany would smell them ten miles against the wind. Did you perceive that, too?
Just a guess - the sort of people that the rest of us have to pay attention to if they like it or not.
I keep them stacked in the Lenin doll for convenience. He's quite well rendered and smiling (an expression he seldom wore). He seems unaware that he's going to give birth to Josif Dzhugashvili and there must be some comfort in that. My sister bought them in Petersburg back when we could travel.

Just a guess - the sort of people that the rest of us have to pay attention to if they like it or not.
I keep them stacked in the Lenin doll for convenience. He's quite well rendered and smiling (an expression he seldom wore). He seems unaware that he's going to give birth to Josif Dzhugashvili and there must be some comfort in that. My sister bought them in Petersburg back when we could travel.
Not sure who exactly you're referring to?

Not sure who exactly you're referring to?
Thomas I think in Terry and Vince we have our political ideologist opposites. No politics please guys on this forum as it creates tension. We are all good friends and I invited Vince here to join our happy group, so let us keep it that way.

A decent man spoilt by his alchoholism. And where is 'the peacemaker', GORBY. I'd have this great Russian sitting proudly on top of my PC.
The prophet has no honour in his own country - or so the saying goes. No surprise that he was not included. Poor Russians. I'll be eternally grateful to this man.

Thomas I think in Terry and Vince we have our political ideologist opposites. No politics please guys on this forum as it creates tension. We are all good friends and I invited Vince here to join our happy group, so let us keep it that way.
You mean "thread" when you say forum? Anyway, no harm done. I didn't see any tension. A comment or explanation as an aside makes a thread interesting, doesn't it? :thumbsu:
By and large, we'll proceed as you're suggesting.

Back