How to fix DVCA 2024/2025 onwards.

Any news on proposed rule changes?
AGM is when
Obviously the AGM has been had with some quality new appointments. One thing I heard from a pretty reliable source is they haven’t been able to find anyone to do the fixtures. As a result, and I hope this isn’t true but allegedly they have had to outsource it to Cricket Victoria at a cost of 80k of which the DVCA is paying 40k which they’ll recover from a surcharge of sorts from players. Perhaps a fee on clubs based on registrations that clubs will then pass on via club memberships.

As I said, I hope this totally inaccurate but if true I find it completely mind blowing.

In anyone has heard anything to confirm or debunk, please respond.

Obviously the AGM has been had with some quality new appointments. One thing I heard from a pretty reliable source is they haven’t been able to find anyone to do the fixtures. As a result, and I hope this isn’t true but allegedly they have had to outsource it to Cricket Victoria at a cost of 80k of which the DVCA is paying 40k which they’ll recover from a surcharge of sorts from players. Perhaps a fee on clubs based on registrations that clubs will then pass on via club memberships.

As I said, I hope this totally inaccurate but if true I find it completely mind blowing.

In anyone has heard anything to confirm or debunk, please respond.
This was communicated to all clubs with one on one meetings a few months ago. And the overall reception from most clubs was positive.

It’s not just fixtures, but the comp will have a dedicated Cricket Victoria Appointed Administrator who will administer the comp.

A small levy will be applied to each registration (so clubs won’t have to handle the fee) and this will go towards the cost.

other comps across Victoria have been using this for a year or two and with great results.

The comp is growing and needs a full timer, and to have a dedicated cricket person 12 months a year can only be positive

Am hearing that the DVCA Executive are making the Mid Week T20 Comp COMPULSORY for all DVCA Clubs, the DVCA going alone ( no more NMCA Clubs involved) surely that is a bit "Heavy Handed", should be a Club Decision whether to participate or not, most Opinions last Season was that it was a Dying concept with some Clubs struggling to get Players to participate considering work commitments and travel involved (specially on a Week night in Peak Hour traffic) and it will be up to Clubs to work out what night their game will be played, surely that will create friction between some Clubs

This was communicated to all clubs with one on one meetings a few months ago. And the overall reception from most clubs was positive.

It’s not just fixtures, but the comp will have a dedicated Cricket Victoria Appointed Administrator who will administer the comp.

A small levy will be applied to each registration (so clubs won’t have to handle the fee) and this will go towards the cost.

other comps across Victoria have been using this for a year or two and with great results.

The comp is growing and needs a full timer, and to have a dedicated cricket person 12 months a year can only be positive
Take the fee off Naths $25k

Am hearing that the DVCA Executive are making the Mid Week T20 Comp COMPULSORY for all DVCA Clubs, the DVCA going alone ( no more NMCA Clubs involved) surely that is a bit "Heavy Handed", should be a Club Decision whether to participate or not, most Opinions last Season was that it was a Dying concept with some Clubs struggling to get Players to participate considering work commitments and travel involved (specially on a Week night in Peak Hour traffic) and it will be up to Clubs to work out what night their game will be played, surely that will create friction between some Clubs
The whole Tuesday night thing was horrible from the get go. I’ve heard that they’ll bring in playing for points as of next season, two games to be played on a Saturday.

No NMCA clubs as they announced previosly that they are having their own T20s as part of the fixture for the top three grades ( at least )

Nice work cal (and I'm sure others but I'm not sure who) for starting up a dvca podcast, I'm not one for podcasts myself but I'll give it a try on the way home from work here and there.

The "Season Preview" of Clubs on the DVCA F/B page (there have been 3 Clubs so far) makes for interesting reading, more information on Recruitments than this site, c'mon boys, lift your game.

Back