MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Lol i find it funny how people still blame Glenroy for the rain last year in the grand final, they did everything in the rules to win the flag last year NOONE can predict the weather and St Andrew's had there chance they lost to St Mary's the last round which cost them and had a chance to bowl Glenroy out so maybe they should stop living in the past and worry about this year if they are good enough i'm sure they can win it,

Barkly street are the biggest improvers this year without a doubt very dangerous side.

Good luck to Merlo in the finals not sure if they can make the grand final but the experience will be well worth the effort for seasons to come.

St Francis i hope they can make grand final they have had a good season and deserve to play in the big one,

MY opinion Glenroy to win with NO rain delay's....

and no i'm not from Glenroy

GeeCeeCee;388591 said:
First of all, good call jsonnn, you guys were the better team on the day and yes you bowled very, very well in the conditions. I take my hat off to you guys, unfortunately you were very unlucky that we didn't get on the park on Saturday. Good luck next year, play the way you did against us (and for that matter, St Francis & St Andrews), and I’m sure you'll being playing finals next year.

Loll, you have made some very silly comments. We did what we needed to do to be premiers, and yes you are right, the stars probably did align. But who wouldn't tag a FLAG? Wouldn't every team do that? You guys had your chance, you lost the final round to St Mary's, therefore dropping from 3rd to 4th. You weren't good enough to bowl us out in 90 overs. RULES ARE RULES. We played within them, and we took home a flag.

Rain did play some part in it, but we also had another couple of games washed out last year from memory, where we made big scores, only to see them washed out. From memory, both of those games, St Andrews were on the ropes. What do they say, swings and roundabouts. St Andrews might have been lucky just to play finals in 2008/09.

Let’s hope rain does not come into it this year.

I'm sure there are at least three teams who are Glad they won't have to play Barkly St in the finals. Good luck to those who play and based on the comments made by people on this site the finals could be very interesting and the sledging should be great. Glenroy to win, St Francis are sooks who can't handle losing, St Andrews not good enough.

My punt is on Glenroy - should be primed after a wake up call from the young Barkly St side on the weekend. Also, I agree with you F.I.T Cricket we are definitely happy to not face the Streeters come finals with good results in the past 2 months you never know what a young side could come up with in finals time.

stvinnies;388616 said:
My punt is on Glenroy - should be primed after a wake up call from the young Barkly St side on the weekend. Also, I agree with you F.I.T Cricket we are definitely happy to not face the Streeters come finals with good results in the past 2 months you never know what a young side could come up with in finals time.

stvinnies why are you happy not to be playing barkly street in the finals, are you playing in the finals this year

first slipper;388626 said:
stvinnies why are you happy not to be playing barkly street in the finals, are you playing in the finals this year

I have seen some young teams on the up do some amazing things in finals and the key coming into finals is form and they are the form team of the comp since Christmas hence being happy not to run into them when it counts.

When I say we I mean that as a personal opinion not a reflection of my club.

GeeCeeCee;388469 said:
Big call Bobby, we are one of only 4 sides who will be playing after the next game.

Will you be playing finals?

There will be some very even contests during the finals this year, hopefully we can back up from our success of last year. We have a young side and a bright future ahead. It will be a big game for us this week against St Francis, so we will get a good look at where we are at in the scheme of things.

No finals for me GCC.

You're right, you are one of 4 teams in the finals. I just reckon a lot of that success has come to a few players who haven't really done much.

Hit 4 6;388594 said:
Lol i find it funny how people still blame Glenroy for the rain last year in the grand final, they did everything in the rules to win the flag last year NOONE can predict the weather and St Andrew's had there chance they lost to St Mary's the last round which cost them and had a chance to bowl Glenroy out so maybe they should stop living in the past and worry about this year if they are good enough i'm sure they can win it,

Barkly street are the biggest improvers this year without a doubt very dangerous side.

Good luck to Merlo in the finals not sure if they can make the grand final but the experience will be well worth the effort for seasons to come.

St Francis i hope they can make grand final they have had a good season and deserve to play in the big one,

MY opinion Glenroy to win with NO rain delay's....

and no i'm not from Glenroy

No one is blaming glenroy, nor is there sour grapes, by and large they are a good club with some good cricketers. Cricket is a game of swings and roundabouts, decisions go your way in games repeatedly or they do not.

The main message of my post is hopefully if they do win it this year they actually win the game.

Its like when lower ranked international teams celebrate the draw in cricket. Yes they have done well to draw, but staving off defeat and winning in my eyes are 2 different things.

Rules are definately rules, and you do what you can to get the flag. Maybe next time st andrews should appeal for handling the ball? :D

Just an opinion. I just depise when games arent played to win which is the only flaw in our finals system. Higher placed sides should get a home based final and it should be 75 overs per day per side. Batting 100 overs for a draw is not in the spirit of finals. We should always want a true result and if rain comes into play of course the higher team should win.

stvinnies;388628 said:
I have seen some young teams on the up do some amazing things in finals and the key coming into finals is form and they are the form team of the comp since Christmas hence being happy not to run into them when it counts.

When I say we I mean that as a personal opinion not a reflection of my club.

your prob from st francis and hopfully the skipper is fit for you so you can really challenge.

st francis are a young team and coudl do real damage if have best 11 available.

stvinnies;388616 said:

Can't see Glenroy winning it. They rely too much on too few. They have only 3 bats and 2 bowlers. The rest are just making up the numbers.:confused:

The smart money is on St Andrews, they are proven performers, but they have come up short against some big opponents this season. But they have got some big guns and will be hard to stop.

No one rates Merlo? Why? They have the leading run scorer this season, they are well led, and Murray has had a good year with the ball. They are a big show. And they will most likely finish top of the table. :)

I haven't seen or heard much about St Francis this season, but they seem to keep on winning. The big question mark on them is if Costello is fit. From the stats, he bowls alot of overs and takes alot of wickets. To go down at finals time would be a tragedy for them. Lets hope he is fit come finals.

Your opinions wlecomed guys. This is OMO

F.I.T Cricket;388596 said:
I'm sure there are at least three teams who are Glad they won't have to play Barkly St in the finals. Good luck to those who play and based on the comments made by people on this site the finals could be very interesting and the sledging should be great. Glenroy to win, St Francis are sooks who can't handle losing, St Andrews not good enough.

St Andrews havn't been good enough for the last 3 years, oops what were the results ?

What time of year is it FOS? Sound familiar doesn't it.

old hack;388677 said:
St Andrews havn't been good enough for the last 3 years, oops what were the results ?

What time of year is it FOS? Sound familiar doesn't it.

Obviously touched a nerve,by the way no one mentioned the last 3 years, I am talking about 2009/10. The 3 years previous have GONE and we should only be concerned with this year, and it is only my opinion. Prove me wrong.

F.I.T Cricket;388697 said:
Obviously touched a nerve,by the way no one mentioned the last 3 years, I am talking about 2009/10. The 3 years previous have GONE and we should only be concerned with this year, and it is only my opinion. Prove me wrong.

My comment was a joke to my mate FOS nothing to do with you or anyone else opinion. We are told we are too old, no good about this time each year. This may be true, time will tell.

I/we have no interest in peoples comments other than a look and sometimes a laugh which is the good part of this forum.

Note: Talk on here is a bit of fun and has no effect on any cricket played on a saturday.

well first of all there are a few in herethat need to grow up.... when the finals start the rest of your season doesnt matter who you have beat and who you have lost to, as for glenroy we put in a team effort every week there are no individuals there, individuals dont win a game the team does..........

paperboy;388814 said:
well first of all there are a few in herethat need to grow up.... when the finals start the rest of your season doesnt matter who you have beat and who you have lost to, as for glenroy we put in a team effort every week there are no individuals there, individuals dont win a game the team does..........

Hey paperboy! Cricket's a funny game. It's probably one of the few team sports that can be won or lost on the performance of individuals. Take your GF last year. Parker and Schwarz with the bat and maybe Chisolm with the ball. Pretty light on other than that (apologies to Ward who I rate highly).

Are you one of the half dozen individuals that I said haven’t performed?

You may be right about teams and individuals and it’s a different game come finals and all the other clichés you want to use but in the end if half your team fails to contribute you won’t beat the best sides in the comp. You can’t rely on a few batsmen and a couple of bowlers to continually do the damage.

Look forward to the results from this weekend. If I knew who you were I’d be able to see if you were able to get amongst them.

paperboy;388814 said:

I personally have played in a few games over the years when a bloke called Darren Black won the game for The Socials, we didn't make many with the bat, but Blacky would come out and bowl like a mad man and scare the bowlers out...That happened on more than a few occasions.

Hirdy's Back;388826 said:
I personally have played in a few games over the years when a bloke called Darren Black won the game for The Socials, we didn't make many with the bat, but Blacky would come out and bowl like a mad man and scare the bowlers out...That happened on more than a few occasions.

Blacky - serious heat, even @ the end off just off a few steps would put the wind up a few. Nice enough bloke off the ground & would be the 1st 2 come & have a chat, but on the ground an absolute nut case.
Hated every1 from the opposition & just wanted 2 hurt & mane. Would put a ball around your ears & if u had the courage 2 smile back, the next ball he would over step by a metre.
Agree he would get batsman out with fear.

16cans;388830 said:
Blacky - serious heat, even @ the end off just off a few steps would put the wind up a few. Nice enough bloke off the ground & would be the 1st 2 come & have a chat, but on the ground an absolute nut case.
Hated every1 from the opposition & just wanted 2 hurt & mane. Would put a ball around your ears & if u had the courage 2 smile back, the next ball he would over step by a metre.
Agree he would get batsman out with fear.

Hear Hear!

Blacky and Chamra were the last of the genuinely quick, fearsome and scarey bowlers in this comp that could get you out just on fear alone. They were mean men on the field but happy to have a beer afterwards!. There have been a few since then....Redgewell and Vic Chand....but not with the same fear factor as Darren and Wayne!

Well I'm back from a weeks suspension...
I cant understand how i get suspended all the time but anyway maybe i should have a word to Andrew Symonds & Barry Hall on how to be a better person.

Gee i hope the sun stays out this week or else there will be a massive line with lads wanting to jump of the West Gate Bridge if games are called off on a Friday arvo because of wet weather.

FRONTFOOTNOBALL;388988 said:
I cant understand how i get suspended all the time but anyway maybe i should have a word to Andrew Symonds & Barry Hall on how to be a better person.

Reading, understanding and keeping within the forum rules would probably serve you better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back