mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

RooBoy;320196 said:
arent you being a little premature their Bomber?? Where in the by laws does it say that the last team in A turf goes down for the B turf premiers????

I think you'd be hard pressed at getting that past the clubs.......?

Of course I'm being premature, hence why I used the word "may".

All clubs will nominate their teams at the start of the season and in what grade they would like them to play. The Exec will then decide and approve these grades.
It has absolutely nothing to do with other clubs. Promotion / relegation was used this year in one of the non turf grades.

We finished on the bottom of A Turf last year and realised that if Ascot Vale or Sunshine YCW had won the B Turf premiership and had nominated for A Turf the following season, then we would be relegated.

Just thought I'd throw this one up.

is there any certain someone that u hate playing against?? mine would have to be rizzo from stfrancis..does not shut up! and the pipes..bulldogs

4 sides in the run for one spot in the lead up to the finals. West Coburg and St Andrews can end the season for Glenroy and Pacco this week, with St Frannies having probably the easiest 2 games left. If St Andrews were to lose to Pacco then 3rd spot becomes open as well moving into the last round, i would think St Andrews really only need to worry about round 11 at this stage but anything can happen. Merlo have The Socials and Pacco which on 'paper' they should win but if Pacco were to win this round how massive will be the last round, Pacco vs Merlo for a spot in the finals.

The season just gets better as it goes longer. My four at this stage should be as it is with Wests playing Merlo and a grand final replay two games in a row.

Sainters_3_Peat;320496 said:
MMVCA make sure you remember to bring your helmet tonight mate wouldnt want to destroy that pretty little gnome head of yours Go the saints!!!!;)

LOL harry is in some genuine form :). Does that mean smoke is playing? coz the rest could even reach your ribs! If he does play i mite just open. Go the Mary's times ticking boys its getting closer! ;)

bcricket;320530 said:
LOL harry is in some genuine form :). Does that mean smoke is playing? coz the rest could even reach your ribs! If he does play i mite just open. Go the Mary's times ticking boys its getting closer! ;)

Guys Guys Guys we do know it's only 20/20 yeah....

Maybe you guys should save it for round 11 when it actuall does count for something.

RooBoy;320196 said:
arent you being a little premature their Bomber?? Where in the by laws does it say that the last team in A turf goes down for the B turf premiers????

I think you'd be hard pressed at getting that past the clubs.......?

It happened at the end of the 2000/01 season when we ( West Coburg ) finished last in A Grade and were relegated back to B Grade, within 2 years we were back up. I also think in the past few years the teams winning the B Grade flag already have sides in A Turf... but trust me it did happen

Bite me;320532 said:
Guys Guys Guys we do know it's only 20/20 yeah....

Maybe you guys should save it for round 11 when it actuall does count for something.

bite me you would know all about an appetiser thats what it is an entree for round 11!

20/20 there is money on the line if you win it, could be very handy coin for the mary's!!

bcricket;320541 said:
bite me you would know all about an appetiser thats what it is an entree for round 11!

20/20 there is money on the line if you win it, could be very handy coin for the mary's!!
ya gettin ahead of yourself there young fella, just worry about gettin over the line tonight.

Speaking of 20/20. I personally enjoy playing it, and I enjoy playing as much cricket as possible (even though I am getting a little long in the tooth). I think it is good for our club and our young players to be exposed to as much competitive cricket as possible.

Discussion Point: Who anyone like to see 20/20 scehduled in as a competition (in it's own right) in the future? (ie. play every side once on a Tuesday night, or any other timeslot), top four through to knockout finals. I think it would add an extra dimension to our competition. Your thoughts guys?

GeeCeeCee;320581 said:
Speaking of 20/20. I personally enjoy playing it, and I enjoy playing as much cricket as possible (even though I am getting a little long in the tooth). I think it is good for our club and our young players to be exposed to as much competitive cricket as possible.

Discussion Point: Who anyone like to see 20/20 scehduled in as a competition (in it's own right) in the future? (ie. play every side once on a Tuesday night, or any other timeslot), top four through to knockout finals. I think it would add an extra dimension to our competition. Your thoughts guys?

Yeah something I would definitely put my hand up to play.

putabellintheball;320578 said:
where is the game been played guys - i have misplaced the fixture. This sounds like it is going to be a pissa and I think I might mosie on down for a look :D

Game is at Monk oval. Maribyrnong Park footy ground.

kingkong;320565 said:
ya gettin ahead of yourself there young fella, just worry about gettin over the line tonight.

na not at all just pointing out that there is a prize and its not just a laugh!
looking forward to the battle. ey king did FOS get a game! heard a few blokes of ours are out so i mite be needed a bit more tonite! lookout gav the pup mite get a bowl hopefully after your out though!!! :confused:

cya soon ey did smoke get a game?

Smoke My Bat;320538 said:
It happened at the end of the 2000/01 season when we ( West Coburg ) finished last in A Grade and were relegated back to B Grade, within 2 years we were back up. I also think in the past few years the teams winning the B Grade flag already have sides in A Turf... but trust me it did happen

not sure if thats entirely true, i reckon you guys were relagated cos the A turf comp went from 12 to 10 teams. and then when Sunshine Heights joined it went back to 12 teams and you were added again?

But i could be wrong?

bcricket;320632 said:
looking forward to the battle. ey king did FOS get a game! heard a few blokes of ours are out so i mite be needed a bit more tonite! lookout gav the pup mite get a bowl hopefully after your out though!!! :confused:

i couldnt tell ya who is playing not sure about everybodys availability, the only thing i know for sure is we dont have enough money to entice the fos for a game. We need him for the water anyway.

bcricket;320632 said:

Pup,

Luv ya work mate you enjoy your cricket and have a go. Well done.

Mary's well done on the development of you new left handed bat, looked the goods last night, LOL, bowls OK too but we already knew that.

Game was played in a great friendly manner last night and as we all get to know each other better we can enjoy some beers as the stakes get bigger.

Round 11 will most likely determine the ladder positions.

Well done.

Just one thing can the comp please explain the rules under which we play. both captains were confused about some rules that seemed to change from week one to week two.

Communication is the key here. But a bit of fun and we all had a good night.

Great chance to play with some guys that you only train with, mixing the A,B,C,D players all together. I enjoyed that.

Well boys round 10 is around the corner and as usual it has thrown up some interesting games! It could be the end of the road for a couple or it may mean some big results which throws the finals race wide open.
East Coburg v Sunshine Heights
St Andrews v Pascoe Vale
St Francis de Sales v Haig Amateurs
Glenroy v West Coburg
Merlynston Hadfield v The Socials
Barkly Street Uniting Church Cricket Club v St Marys

I would think the winners this week should be Sunahine Heights over East coburg, St Andrews should beat Pacco and end Pacco's run. St Frannies to keep their finals hopes alive with a comfortable win against Haig. The match of the round is definately Glenroy vs Wests, this is the only real upset I could see taking place. Having said that I do think Wests will be too strong in a very close game. In tha last 2 games I would think Merlo will be too strong for Socials and St Marys should win against Barkly. This round could definately be just a taste for round 11, good luck to all.

old hack;320953 said:
Pup,

Luv ya work mate you enjoy your cricket and have a go. Well done.

Mary's well done on the development of you new left handed bat, looked the goods last night, LOL, bowls OK too but we already knew that.

Game was played in a great friendly manner last night and as we all get to know each other better we can enjoy some beers as the stakes get bigger.

Round 11 will most likely determine the ladder positions.

Well done.

Just one thing can the comp please explain the rules under which we play. both captains were confused about some rules that seemed to change from week one to week two.

Communication is the key here. But a bit of fun and we all had a good night.

Great chance to play with some guys that you only train with, mixing the A,B,C,D players all together. I enjoyed that.

great game last nite boys had a laugh, played in very good spirits. just a quick note gee that bloke that looks like gav's twin boy can he hit a ball!!
too good boys, again it came down to within less than one over.
see u boys in round 11. look forward to having a beer after that one aswell.
good luck next game boys! well batted gav again. p.s u cant get him out with a spread field ;)

bcricket;320052 said:
hey fellars, just wanted to inform you that there is a ripper 20/20 game on tommorow nite between the grandfinalists of last year. G. Tapner is in form form last week and St. Mary's have one of the strongest batting lineups ive seen since at the club. There Will be gauranteed fire works! and my tip is G. Tapner out for under 15 and sammy to bowl real quick. Wat a taste test for round 11. looking forward to it! It is at Monk Oval so head down for a ripper game!!! Go Mary's!
Gday pup, do me a favour and just keep telling me until rd 11 that i wont score any runs, i need the motivation. And Hershell gibbs if i may, wats it like knowing you lost the game for the marys last night.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back