mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

The Komodo wants to take this opportunity to wish all posters a Happy New Year.

But don't think for a moment that he will be suppressing his views in the new year. All players and teams will remain 'on notice' and any substandard performances will receive the criticism that they duly deserve.
I intend to reveal even more underlying issues in the New Year that aren't obvious to most readers and no player will be immune from my rational, honest and accurate judgements. There will be no place to hide for anyone who dares to disappoint me in 2009.

The Komodo wants to take this opportunity to wish all posters a Happy New Year.

But don't think for a moment that he will be suppressing his views in the new year. All players and teams will remain 'on notice' and any substandard performances will receive the criticism that they duly deserve.
I intend to reveal even more underlying issues in the New Year that aren't obvious to most readers and no player will be immune from my rational, honest and accurate judgements. There will be no place to hide for anyone who dares to disappoint me in 2009.

Whats gonna happen to St.Andrews when they stop paying players?
Are they gonna have enough players left at the club to fill a side?

Jolleys a tosser!!!

Whats gonna happen to St.Andrews when they stop paying players?
Are they gonna have enough players left at the club to fill a side?

Jolleys a tosser!!!

jontyfromsa;302000 said:
the worst cliche is when some spud comes onto bowl who took a few lucky wickets the week before and one of his teammates says " just like last week", which means he and his teammates actually can't believe he even got a bowl last week let alone took a couple of wickets lol.

My other pet hate is wicket keepers who roll the ball onto the stumps coz they think they will get a miracle stumping.
I dont think ive ever seen someone get out like that!!

I've done it myself and got the stumping but a better w/k would have been at the stumps, (Note I am a back up keeper at best when there is no one else to do it I get to w/k for the match), but a stumping is a stumping and my name goes in the scorebook (well than another saying :p )

jontyfromsa;302000 said:
the worst cliche is when some spud comes onto bowl who took a few lucky wickets the week before and one of his teammates says " just like last week", which means he and his teammates actually can't believe he even got a bowl last week let alone took a couple of wickets lol.

My other pet hate is wicket keepers who roll the ball onto the stumps coz they think they will get a miracle stumping.
I dont think ive ever seen someone get out like that!!

I've done it myself and got the stumping but a better w/k would have been at the stumps, (Note I am a back up keeper at best when there is no one else to do it I get to w/k for the match), but a stumping is a stumping and my name goes in the scorebook (well than another saying :p )

Hey heres a topic of conversation for everyone!
Do u think st.Andrews would fill a side if they stopped paying players?

classy;303372 said:
Definately not, i think outta there 5 sides they all get payed, even the scorers gettin paid there travelin well at st.andrews.

classy;303372 said:
Definately not, i think outta there 5 sides they all get payed, even the scorers gettin paid there travelin well at st.andrews.

classy;303372 said:
Very Classy. Classy I think they might just get by, but they might have to break up their one day side as I believe that they are on the big bucks as they have won 4 in a row. I hear even their committee get well paid, but the guy reading the bylaws will not be getting all his.

classy;303372 said:
Very Classy. Classy I think they might just get by, but they might have to break up their one day side as I believe that they are on the big bucks as they have won 4 in a row. I hear even their committee get well paid, but the guy reading the bylaws will not be getting all his.

There a great club st.Andrews full off great club people like i always see jolley and wernham putting out the covers on friday nite.
Also there one day side are just not good enough to move up a grade those blokes and play c turf where they get done outright pretty much every week. Its a big step up from one day grades to c turf.

There a great club st.Andrews full off great club people like i always see jolley and wernham putting out the covers on friday nite.
Also there one day side are just not good enough to move up a grade those blokes and play c turf where they get done outright pretty much every week. Its a big step up from one day grades to c turf.

classy;303613 said:

I dont think St Andrews are Robinson Cruso when it comes to clubs paying players!

Im sure there are plenty of players getting little handouts to help them along!

classy;303613 said:

I dont think St Andrews are Robinson Cruso when it comes to clubs paying players!

RooBoy;304253 said:

ok boys, lets get back to the important stuff- Back on this week! Weather looks good and it's the start of 5 very important round leading into the finals. Some good games this week although a couple might be pretty easy to pick. I for one am looking to getting back into it

RooBoy;304253 said:

ok boys, lets get back to the important stuff- Back on this week! Weather looks good and it's the start of 5 very important round leading into the finals. Some good games this week although a couple might be pretty easy to pick. I for one am looking to getting back into it

My selections for this round are

Barkly St to defeat Easts.... they dont appear to have much Easts...at least Barkly st can bat

St Marys to defeat Sunshine but out at Sunshine I think it will be close

St.Francis to defeat Socials comfortably

St.Andrews to defeat Glenroy....season defining game for these 2 sides...should be a ripper

Pascoe Vale to defeat Haig comfortably

West Coburg to defeat Merlo....Merlo have obviously improved this year...interested to see how much

Barkly St to defeat Easts.... they dont appear to have much Easts...at least Barkly st can bat

St.Andrews to defeat Glenroy....season defining game for these 2 sides...should be a ripper

West Coburg to defeat Merlo....Merlo have obviously improved this year...interested to see how much

jontyfromsa;304289 said:

east coburg over barkley st.

sunshine over marys

st francis just to beat socials

glenroy over st andrews

haig to pull one out over pacoe

wests to smach merlo

jontyfromsa;304289 said:

sunshine over marys

glenroy over st andrews

wests to smach merlo

wal05;304328 said:

sunshine over marys

glenroy over st andrews

wests to smach merlo

Sorry Socials (Just)

Barkley St

Mary's

Glenroy (ripper game)

Pacoe

Merlo (close)

wal05;304328 said:

sunshine over marys

glenroy over st andrews

wests to smach merlo

Sorry Socials (Just)

Barkley St

Mary's

Glenroy (ripper game)

Pacoe

Merlo (close)

After carefully studying the ladder and future games i have come to the conclusion that the top 4 will remain the same (obviously without working the % out) which will mean St Andrew's will miss out unless they can steal an outright in Round 9 against Barkley St.... Assuming they beat Glenroy this week....

It's a shame that they could miss out on the 3 peat due to an admin error i would like to see them there in the finals fingers crossed that they can make it.....

:)

After carefully studying the ladder and future games i have come to the conclusion that the top 4 will remain the same (obviously without working the % out) which will mean St Andrew's will miss out unless they can steal an outright in Round 9 against Barkley St.... Assuming they beat Glenroy this week....

It's a shame that they could miss out on the 3 peat due to an admin error i would like to see them there in the finals fingers crossed that they can make it.....

:)

ok my tips for the week

Barkly St in a good game
Sunshine at home
St. Fancis pretty easily
Glenroy to derail St.A's Season
Pascoe V in a close one
Wests in an interesting contest

should be interesting to see how everyone goes after the christmas lay off
best of luck to everyone in this weeks fixture

ok my tips for the week

Barkly St in a good game
Sunshine at home
St. Fancis pretty easily
Pascoe V in a close one

Rule #76;305186 said:
ok my tips for the week

Barkly St in a good game
Sunshine at home
St. Fancis pretty easily
Pascoe V in a close one

Hey Rule of why do you think this will be interesting? I would see it as being close if that what you think is interesting. Glenroy are a good batting side and Warren is all class but don't down play their middle order they batted very well against Merlo.

Rule #76;305186 said:
ok my tips for the week

Barkly St in a good game
Sunshine at home
St. Fancis pretty easily
Pascoe V in a close one

Hey Rule of why do you think this will be interesting? I would see it as being close if that what you think is interesting. Glenroy are a good batting side and Warren is all class but don't down play their middle order they batted very well against Merlo.

Just a question why are there 2 teams that not many people seem to rate????

Merlo are playing good cricket and it might be a god patch that they have hit but winning form is good form...

St Mary's the other team = top spot yes there batting line up is not the best at the moment there bowlers seem to be troubling sides but yet they seem to win games they seem to have self believe that they can.... again winning form is good form

Just interested to hear people's thoughts....

Just a question why are there 2 teams that not many people seem to rate????

Merlo are playing good cricket and it might be a god patch that they have hit but winning form is good form...

St Mary's the other team = top spot yes there batting line up is not the best at the moment there bowlers seem to be troubling sides but yet they seem to win games they seem to have self believe that they can.... again winning form is good form

Just interested to hear people's thoughts....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back