mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

bomber27;233889 said:
Hopefully I don't complicate this.

If St Andrews A Turf is scheduled at home, they will play at the oppositions ground instead, but still on the Sat. That means whoever was at the oppositions ground will be moved to the Sunday. Which is most likey the same club and St Andrews B Turf team.

If St Andrews B Turf team is scheduled at home, they will just play at the oppositions ground on the Sunday.

So in other words St Andrews A Turf will not play Sunday games.

Good luck understanding that.

I understood it. That's pretty much what I wrote in my notes last night. :cool:

bomber27;232778 said:
Starting to think you might have been on the Exec once upon a time, RooBoy. Don't need to be on the Exec to know and understand how council works.

definately not bomber, just saying that some people are quick to blame others when there are problems out of control, like dealing with council!

What do we tell our players that have family or work commitments or play Sunday cricket.

Selection would now be - "who is available on sundays" not the best or second best players.

Also our social side of our club will suffer, we generally have 30 plus people back at the rooms till 11:00pm creating a great family environment. Sunday games will reduce this.

Are C-grade playing some sundays games as well?

Limitations of turf wickets will hurt our comp if this stuff continues, cricket needs to be played on saturday afternoons not fitting games in when we can but i do understand the restrictions we have to deal with due to council.

What a terrible situation to be announced only some 4 weeks before the start of the season.

So you are saying that we will play most of our games away for the year?
Wouldn't it be easier to to schedule our home games for later in the year and play most of our away games while work is done on Cole 1.I understand that may cause some other issues to the b-grade fixturing. What a mess!!

Training - so we will have no ground to train on either??

Council are amazing people aren't they

bomber27;233889 said:

If St Andrews A Turf is scheduled at home, they will play at the oppositions ground instead, but still on the Sat. That means whoever was at the oppositions ground will be moved to the Sunday. Which is most likey the same club and St Andrews B Turf team.

If St Andrews B Turf team is scheduled at home, they will just play at the oppositions ground on the Sunday.

thats an absolute joke! looks like the decision is to favour the A turf teams and B and C turf suffer and play on Sundays. not to mention the impact on other clubs having to play on sundays as well. not sure if that was well thought through!!! hope it doesnt rain! then the fixture will be stuffed!!!!

old hack;233928 said:
What do we tell our players that have family or work commitments or play Sunday cricket.

Selection would now be - "who is available on sundays" not the best or second best players.

Also our social side of our club will suffer, we generally have 30 plus people back at the rooms till 11:00pm creating a great family environment. Sunday games will reduce this.

Limitations of turf wickets will hurt our comp if this stuff continues, cricket needs to be played on saturday afternoons not fitting games in when we can but i do understand the restrictions we have to deal with due to council.

What a terrible situation to be announced only some 4 weeks before the start of the season.

Wouldn't it be easier to to schedule our home games for later in the year and play most of our away games while work is done on Cole 1.I understand that may cause some other issues to the b-grade fixturing. What a mess!!

I'd have to say that based on the assumption that your first 4 home games will be "away", that you would be unlikely to play at home before Christmas. I guess the best you can hope for is that they really improve your ground with the works so that all this crap is worth it.

RooBoy;233952 said:
thats an absolute joke! looks like the decision is to favour the A turf teams and B and C turf suffer and play on Sundays. not to mention the impact on other clubs having to play on sundays as well. not sure if that was well thought through!!! hope it doesnt rain! then the fixture will be stuffed!!!!
Cole Reserve #1 outfield has been a disgrace and dangerous for years, council had to do something about it. The only time council can touch the ground is after football season.

bomber27;232778 said:
Starting to think you might have been on the Exec once upon a time, RooBoy. Don't need to be on the Exec to know and understand how council works.

definately not bomber, just saying that some people are quick to blame others when there are problems out of control, like dealing with council!

old hack;233928 said:

Old Hack, can understand your issues. I suppose if the council decides to re-sow a ground there is not much we can do. But I agree its a hassle and just hope we don't draw you in the first 5 rounds. But I think you also need to have a chat to your own club. There is nine teams in C Turf this season with four of them playing their home games on a Sunday. One of them being St Andrews.
I know one of the reasons we pulled our C Turf last season was because exactly what you have just explained. It effects selection and hurts the social side of things. West Coburg have also pulled their C Turf for the same reasons for this up coming season.
So unless you have another turf ground, if you put in a C Turf side now, then expect to play Sunday home games.
I agree that cricket should be played on a Saturday, but you need to decide which way is best for your club.
Also I hope your ground turns out alright. We had the summer grass laid at the start of the 2006/07 season and look how our ground turned out.

bomber27;233889 said:

bomber27;233995 said:
Old Hack, can understand your issues. I suppose if the council decides to re-sow a ground there is not much we can do. But I agree its a hassle and just hope we don't draw you in the first 5 rounds. But I think you also need to have a chat to your own club. There is nine teams in C Turf this season with four of them playing their home games on a Sunday. One of them being St Andrews.
I know one of the reasons we pulled our C Turf last season was because exactly what you have just explained. It effects selection and hurts the social side of things. West Coburg have also pulled their C Turf for the same reasons for this up coming season.
So unless you have another turf ground, if you put in a C Turf side now, then expect to play Sunday home games.
I agree that cricket should be played on a Saturday, but you need to decide which way is best for your club.
Also I hope your ground turns out alright. We had the summer grass laid at the start of the 2006/07 season and look how our ground turned out.

we need to try and encourage people to play cricket, not make it harder by more sunday cricket. we already have competition form other summer sports and less people want to play two day cricket, so we need to make it easier!!

clubs are finding it hard to survive now, without social events and money over the bar etc, clubs will fold.

RooBoy;233952 said:
Cole Reserve #1 outfield has been a disgrace and dangerous for years, council had to do something about it. The only time council can touch the ground is after football season.

bomber27;233889 said:

Ok, that makes sense. I suppose with restrcitions there had to be a loser in all this.

So to summarise, st andrews dont play at home for the first 4 rounds, but that is not taken into account in the fixture.

Understand the difficulties but a 3-1 split in this instance would be better than losing 2 home games elsewhere.

Is it too late for the fixtures to incorporate this or is it inpractical?

Oh well, gives some teams a leg up against St andrews

old hack;233928 said:

old hack;233928 said:

Could be worse, if we draw Barkly St and Sunshine or Paco in our home games at least a slver lining would be we play on the better wickets in the comp.

Heres hoping.

bomber27;233995 said:

we need to try and encourage people to play cricket, not make it harder by more sunday cricket. we already have competition form other summer sports and less people want to play two day cricket, so we need to make it easier!!

clubs are finding it hard to survive now, without social events and money over the bar etc, clubs will fold.

bomber27;233995 said:

NO issue with the way the comp is handling things except for the timing, and again I am not privy to the information that the council communicates with you.

I do have issues with the comp re taking over 6 months to deal with issues that arise even though another club did not comply with by-laws. If the by-laws say a complaint must be lodge within X days why is there anything to answer if the complaint is lodge after the specified time?

It is laughable that an issue was heard this week in regard to something that occurred mid last season! Outside the by-laws.

Bomber please help with the by-laws as the seem to be applied at the discretion of the past comp committee. Hope the by laws can improve and the can be applied as they are written so we all know the rules.

bomber27;233889 said:

Ok, that makes sense. I suppose with restrcitions there had to be a loser in all this.

So to summarise, st andrews dont play at home for the first 4 rounds, but that is not taken into account in the fixture.

Understand the difficulties but a 3-1 split in this instance would be better than losing 2 home games elsewhere.

Is it too late for the fixtures to incorporate this or is it inpractical?

Oh well, gives some teams a leg up against St andrews

The hardest part for us all is that the council can only do so much with the drought and time restrictions to carry out the work. In saying that though the councils do know what grounds are going to be fixed up and what work is to be done. They could at least give the appropiate Association a heads up so as not to cause chaos with fixturing so close to the start of the season:mad:

old hack;233928 said:

Could be worse, if we draw Barkly St and Sunshine or Paco in our home games at least a slver lining would be we play on the better wickets in the comp.

Heres hoping.

12thman;234086 said:
The hardest part for us all is that the council can only do so much with the drought and time restrictions to carry out the work. In saying that though the councils do know what grounds are going to be fixed up and what work is to be done. They could at least give the appropiate Association a heads up so as not to cause chaos with fixturing so close to the start of the season:mad:
Talking about grounds I drove past St Francis home ground the other day, and because of the soccer played there, there is hardly a blade of grass on it so good luck on playing there this year.

bomber27;233995 said:

NO issue with the way the comp is handling things except for the timing, and again I am not privy to the information that the council communicates with you.

I do have issues with the comp re taking over 6 months to deal with issues that arise even though another club did not comply with by-laws. If the by-laws say a complaint must be lodge within X days why is there anything to answer if the complaint is lodge after the specified time?

It is laughable that an issue was heard this week in regard to something that occurred mid last season! Outside the by-laws.

Bomber please help with the by-laws as the seem to be applied at the discretion of the past comp committee. Hope the by laws can improve and the can be applied as they are written so we all know the rules.

bomber27;233889 said:

All sounds complicated but the comp has to do what they have to do. The worst thing is Cole has more grass on it now than I have seen there in my 30 years of being involved with football and cricket at that ground.

RooBoy;233952 said:
RooBoy A grade should be looked after first.

12thman;234086 said:
Talking about grounds I drove past St Francis home ground the other day, and because of the soccer played there, there is hardly a blade of grass on it so good luck on playing there this year.

old hack;233928 said:

old hack it will be interesting to see about your training, as the training nets do go onto the ground. It must be all a conspiracy to try and beat ST Andrews. They can't do it on the ground so they are trying to do it off the ground. Ha HA Ha ?????????????

bomber27;233889 said:

All sounds complicated but the comp has to do what they have to do. The worst thing is Cole has more grass on it now than I have seen there in my 30 years of being involved with football and cricket at that ground.

My Captain said:

why?? these ground issues have come up in the past, like with Merlo's ground at Hallam and A grade werent given special treatment. Same with Sunshine Heights with their ground at Ainsworth.

Just seems funny that St Andrews are getting special treatment! maybe thats what happens being the back to back premiers.

RooBoy;233952 said:

bomber27;233831 said:
Ok Guys, had to break the drought on this site.

Delegates Meeting held last night and not much to report on. Just the usually stuff discussed for this time of year.
A couple of interesting points:
- Cole #1 ruled out for the first 5 rounds (Summer grass being laid)
- Prize money for A Turf and A Mats premiers for this season
- Fixtures should be released mid September
- One day grade now three divisions

Any other news out there, practice matches lined up etc

how is this fair to clubs that dont have A turf or non turf teams?????

old hack;233928 said:

old hack it will be interesting to see about your training, as the training nets do go onto the ground. It must be all a conspiracy to try and beat ST Andrews. They can't do it on the ground so they are trying to do it off the ground. Ha HA Ha ?????????????

St. Andrews will always get handouts from the association. After winning back to back. A turf is always looked after first because its the top grade. Its up to the rest of the teams to dethrone St. Andrews and i cant wait to have a hand in it! :D Train hard St.Mary's revenge is sweet and u's are taking the rite path to achieving that! ;)

My Captain said:

why?? these ground issues have come up in the past, like with Merlo's ground at Hallam and A grade werent given special treatment. Same with Sunshine Heights with their ground at Ainsworth.

Just seems funny that St Andrews are getting special treatment! maybe thats what happens being the back to back premiers.

bcricket;234519 said:
St. Andrews will always get handouts from the association. After winning back to back. A turf is always looked after first because its the top grade. Its up to the rest of the teams to dethrone St. Andrews and i cant wait to have a hand in it! :D Train hard St.Mary's revenge is sweet and u's are taking the rite path to achieving that! ;)
Well bcricket you 2 can win back to back flags, you just have to work as hard as the reighning premiers do. Oh yeah good luck dethroning us, we look forward to the challenges.

bomber27;233831 said:
Ok Guys, had to break the drought on this site.

Delegates Meeting held last night and not much to report on. Just the usually stuff discussed for this time of year.
A couple of interesting points:
- Cole #1 ruled out for the first 5 rounds (Summer grass being laid)
- Prize money for A Turf and A Mats premiers for this season
- Fixtures should be released mid September
- One day grade now three divisions

Any other news out there, practice matches lined up etc

how is this fair to clubs that dont have A turf or non turf teams?????

bcricket;234519 said:

why should they get hand outs??? it should be equal for all clubs!:confused:

bcricket;234519 said:
Well bcricket you 2 can win back to back flags, you just have to work as hard as the reighning premiers do. Oh yeah good luck dethroning us, we look forward to the challenges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back