mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

old hack;231695 said:
Any teams looking for Sponsorship please private message me.

My company is a Telecommunications that sell Mobiles, 1300/1800 and business phones.

I am looking to sponsor a few cricket clubs.

I would accept your sponsorship young hack.

old hack;231747 said:
Welcome back King Kong, the way you were dancing up a storm the other night you may be bowling this year young fella!!!!!
Well Old hack if i pull up as sore the next morning as i did after that night, wont even be able to play. Man did i have a headache

Deano;231838 said:
lol, thats a funny one kong.

Stick and stones may break my bones....................

I am sure those two mentioned with the likes of tapner and wernham would give them a big lift.

Nugent when on song though is the best spinner in the comp. Injury ruined his season, unitl then he had heap of wickets

You saddling up again this year champ?
At the minute im a certain unless something happens. So far so good. Them 2 i mentioned were when there on song. None better to watch Deano. Maybe plugger

marinos, dont make me laugh kong. Banjo has a better technique then him and he is a month old. St will struggle if they have to get runs from jim. no fridge to save him this year

Yeah now i think about it Huss, your right. Banjo should keep your footwork going little 1s always keep ya on ya toes. Congrats on your new arrival buddy.

Hey HUSS - DADDY how r things mate?

Are you getting any any sleep?

You got your flights all booked for friday nights, so you can play saturday's??

Just get it sorted out with F.O.S as he does those deals as we all know!!

marinos, dont make me laugh kong. Banjo has a better technique then him and he is a month old. St will struggle if they have to get runs from jim. no fridge to save him this year

Fos is working hard but things are falling over with the new management team. It's not about the money but the media focus in melbourne is a bit to much for me. I'm thinking about moving to french rugby union (you sicko vico's probably dont no the sonny bill story).
But thanks boys, banjo is goin very well. Sleep has been interupted but I've seen jim play cricket after 2 hours sleep so I dont have too much complain about. Hope all is going well and best of luck for the up coming season.
my predictions for the year.
Most runs- J. Marinos
Most Wickets - J. Marinos
Most catches- J. Marinos
MVP- J. Marinos
To Bring Sexy Back to the mmvca- Pup

Yeah now i think about it Huss, your right. Banjo should keep your footwork going little 1s always keep ya on ya toes. Congrats on your new arrival buddy.

A.Hussey;232261 said:
Fos is working hard but things are falling over with the new management team. It's not about the money but the media focus in melbourne is a bit to much for me. I'm thinking about moving to french rugby union (you sicko vico's probably dont no the sonny bill story).
But thanks boys, banjo is goin very well. Sleep has been interupted but I've seen jim play cricket after 2 hours sleep so I dont have too much complain about. Hope all is going well and best of luck for the up coming season.
Most runs- J. Marinos
Most catches- J. Marinos
MVP- J. Marinos

Dont care what they say about you Hus, your a gun bloke.

Spot on the money, only thing holding him back is the fact that you need to use a crowbar to get the ball out of the "bowlers" hands. (and a lack of ability)

Bit harsh on the previous post though, this is becoming more like a chatroom than a cricket page and the constabulary wont be pleased.

p.s hit the piss with Fridge when he was in town and he know is wearing a toupe and has got this long orange beard and is using illicit substances to get thorugh the long trips. He is also tanned like an adonis...who would have thought!

Love you Hus/Banjo and Bec!!!!

Hey HUSS - DADDY how r things mate?

Are you getting any any sleep?

You got your flights all booked for friday nights, so you can play saturday's??

Just get it sorted out with F.O.S as he does those deals as we all know!!

bomber27;231648 said:
It looks like banno36 knows more about whats going down at my club then I do.

Another year older and its starting to show. Pulled up very sore from our first session on Sunday.

You seem to be on the ball bomber, when does the fixture come out?

Most runs- J. Marinos
Most catches- J. Marinos
MVP- J. Marinos

Deano;232284 said:

Probaly won't be out until a week or two before the start of season. Problem is we have to wait until council has given approval to clubs and comp on ground allocations.
Its the same problem every year.

A.Hussey;232261 said:
Most runs- J. Marinos
Most catches- J. Marinos
MVP- J. Marinos

Dont care what they say about you Hus, your a gun bloke.

Spot on the money, only thing holding him back is the fact that you need to use a crowbar to get the ball out of the "bowlers" hands. (and a lack of ability)

Bit harsh on the previous post though, this is becoming more like a chatroom than a cricket page and the constabulary wont be pleased.

p.s hit the piss with Fridge when he was in town and he know is wearing a toupe and has got this long orange beard and is using illicit substances to get thorugh the long trips. He is also tanned like an adonis...who would have thought!

Love you Hus/Banjo and Bec!!!!

bomber27;232298 said:
Probaly won't be out until a week or two before the start of season. Problem is we have to wait until council has given approval to clubs and comp on ground allocations.
Bomber can you confirm or deny that D. Pitts has gone to Gladdy.
I was speaking with some involved at Gladdy and confirmed they have signed Pitts & fitzy.

bomber27;231648 said:
It looks like banno36 knows more about whats going down at my club then I do.

Another year older and its starting to show. Pulled up very sore from our first session on Sunday.

Old School;232322 said:
I was speaking with some involved at Gladdy and confirmed they have signed Pitts & fitzy.

Heard the rumours as well about Deano and Fitzy. Wouldn't be worried about whether players have signed to a club or not. Signatures mean nothing in cricket at our level. You could sign with three clubs in Pre season.
Might just have to stay tuned on that one Old School.
How's that for a politicians answer.:)

Deano;232284 said:

bomber27;232328 said:
Heard the rumours as well about Deano and Fitzy. Wouldn't be worried about whether players have signed to a club or not. Signatures mean nothing in cricket at our level. You could sign with three clubs in Pre season.
Nice work. Jumping on the exsec. has turned you into politician.
It would be sad to see two good young fast bowlers go to a matting comp just for money.

bomber27;232298 said:

Old School;232330 said:
It would be sad to see two good young fast bowlers go to a matting comp just for money.

This might sound a bit rich coming from a player at a club that "apparently" pays heaps, but what sort of cash would they demand to play in a matting comp???

My thinking is that it would have to be significant to change clubs (leave their mates) but i find it hard to believe that these clubs have that money to spend on players.

Maybe players who had a falling out with their clubs will leave, but for the sake of 50-100 bucks or whatever it is just seems weird.

I am not having a go at either of them, they can do what they like, but just for curiositys sake i would love to know an amount.

Cricket at our level is purely social, we are no better than that, and paying players to switch teams is not what these comps should be about.

I know i am not a respected mmvca figure, and i am not taking the moral high ground, it just seems very confusing.

Would love to get some feedback on this.

FOS, no wonder you drive such a fancy car.

p.s. i know i will cop plak for this post, but rest assured it will be my only informative post for the year

Old School;232322 said:

Totally agree with you deano. Coaching and any position that takes up peoples time should get paid. I feel sorry for the bloke that play 4th and turn up to trainin every day, takes the covers off on a sat morning, works behind the bar etc and does it for the love of his club and then some average cricket gets paid to turn up. From my experience last year I really didnt see any one who deserved to be getting paid. If someone was score 800 runs for the season or taking 50 wickets might warrant something, but hopefully he would want to test himself in districts instead of pickin up loose change playing against bums like me.
St andrews is a successful club not because people get paid but because they have lots of those bloke i mentioned before who love the club and work and play for the love of it

bomber27;232328 said:

It will be interesting to see how these young guys go in our comp considering it is such a dramatic drop according to you guys, really they should both dominate if your comp is as far ahead as you guys say it is.

could be a real eye opener for you boys

Old School;232330 said:

This might sound a bit rich coming from a player at a club that "apparently" pays heaps, but what sort of cash would they demand to play in a matting comp???

My thinking is that it would have to be significant to change clubs (leave their mates) but i find it hard to believe that these clubs have that money to spend on players.

Maybe players who had a falling out with their clubs will leave, but for the sake of 50-100 bucks or whatever it is just seems weird.

I am not having a go at either of them, they can do what they like, but just for curiositys sake i would love to know an amount.

Cricket at our level is purely social, we are no better than that, and paying players to switch teams is not what these comps should be about.

I know i am not a respected mmvca figure, and i am not taking the moral high ground, it just seems very confusing.

p.s. i know i will cop plak for this post, but rest assured it will be my only informative post for the year

Wiseman;232510 said:
It will be interesting to see how these young guys go in our comp considering it is such a dramatic drop according to you guys, really they should both dominate if your comp is as far ahead as you guys say it is.

I played in your comp for years and now play in the MMVCA comp and think the cricket ability of the average player in both comps will be very similar.

I found all the crap talk about which comp is better is made by guys who achieve nothing and just want to mouth off. We know that talk is cheap.

I think our comp (mmvca) lacks some depth. I cannot comment that much on the NWCA as i have not played there for some 6-8 years but i do know some of the names that keep popping up in your forum.

I believe hard wicket lets the better cricketers show out whereas our ordinary wickets will close the gap between a good and average cricketer. I face some average bowlers that are hard to get away only because we cannot trust the wickets to play true.
limited preparation by councils does not make for good cricket. Also quite often the best team does not win because of weather conditions.

So i wish the guys luck swapping comps luck but if they get excited about the bounce and bowl short they will get smacked, if they can adjust to the new length that is required the will do ok.

Don't expect the guys mentioned to dominate at all. They will do ok but i don't think they will dominate.

Totally agree with you deano. Coaching and any position that takes up peoples time should get paid. I feel sorry for the bloke that play 4th and turn up to trainin every day, takes the covers off on a sat morning, works behind the bar etc and does it for the love of his club and then some average cricket gets paid to turn up. From my experience last year I really didnt see any one who deserved to be getting paid. If someone was score 800 runs for the season or taking 50 wickets might warrant something, but hopefully he would want to test himself in districts instead of pickin up loose change playing against bums like me.
St andrews is a successful club not because people get paid but because they have lots of those bloke i mentioned before who love the club and work and play for the love of it

A.Hussey;232493 said:
Didn't you make 800 last year Huss???

Deano;232476 said:

Deano,

you are well respected by the guys at our club mate!!!!

That big hundred you made was awesome, showed more about your character than many other would give you credit for.

You have been in at 3 for 20 a few times and doug us out of trouble.

Even Hussey might give you credit but he will never tell you.

Anyone know where F.O.S is??????

Wiseman;232510 said:

I played in your comp for years and now play in the MMVCA comp and think the cricket ability of the average player in both comps will be very similar.

I found all the crap talk about which comp is better is made by guys who achieve nothing and just want to mouth off. We know that talk is cheap.

I think our comp (mmvca) lacks some depth. I cannot comment that much on the NWCA as i have not played there for some 6-8 years but i do know some of the names that keep popping up in your forum.

I believe hard wicket lets the better cricketers show out whereas our ordinary wickets will close the gap between a good and average cricketer. I face some average bowlers that are hard to get away only because we cannot trust the wickets to play true.
limited preparation by councils does not make for good cricket. Also quite often the best team does not win because of weather conditions.

So i wish the guys luck swapping comps luck but if they get excited about the bounce and bowl short they will get smacked, if they can adjust to the new length that is required the will do ok.

Don't expect the guys mentioned to dominate at all. They will do ok but i don't think they will dominate.

bomber27;232298 said:
Probably won't be out until a week or two before the start of season. Problem is we have to wait until council has given approval to clubs and comp on ground allocations.
Bomber27 do you know if McDonald will be used this year. Also what about Sundays will there be turf cricket played on Sundays. Have you heard anything about any of the grounds not being ready for play at the beginning of the season.

A.Hussey;232493 said:
Didn't you make 800 last year Huss???

old hack;231415 said:
Lets have everyones predictions for this season!!

Who will be the improvers or will it be the same old sides in the finals?
It will be very hard for St Andrews to win 3 in a row. But we all thought it would be hard to win 2 in a row. Also i think it will be very even this year with all sides having to work very hard to win games. Games could come down to the weather and poor ground prep, which is the same as most years but i think this year it will be more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back