mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

Clubs starting to train yet? Any word on numbers at any clubs? Hopefully all clubs get a good turn out with the MMVCA in for a ripper of a year?

Also any word on how the new MMVCA board is going?

Wiseman;231468 said:
If you are to believe the rumours the NWCA are taking some young talent from your comp this season
It's not romours, it's fact that N. Fitzpatrick ex Socials has gone to Gladstone Park. Isn't that right Young Gun.

My Captain said:
Great work banno36. They all sound good, but they are all the same old names it just show's how hard it is to get good new players to our comp. But what a side it would be to put them all together.

If you are to believe the rumours the NWCA are taking some young talent from your comp this season

Old School;231479 said:
It's not romours, it's fact that N. Fitzpatrick ex Socials has gone to Gladstone Park. Isn't that right Young Gun.

lolol...Good career move moving to mats? It's sad seeing a young cricketer moving from turf to mats but wish him the best of luck. I'm sure he isn't indispensable to socials.
Real cricket is played on grass.. The rest is fun...

banno36;230562 said:
Barkly St - Summerfield, Hoang
Easts - Havranek, Khan
Glenroy - Ward, Parker
Haig - Stevenson, Kunesevic
Merlo - P.Gleisner, D.Pitts(Gladdy)/R.Kelly
PV - Green, R.Terranova
St Andrews - Jolley, Newton
St Francis - Ma Costello, P.Eilers
St Marys - Hunter, D.Harris
Socials - Campbell, Vernon
Sunshine - Yetismis, ?????
Wests - Appleyard, Moughanie (Greenvale)/Adams

Banno I would tend to agree with that list, other than a few changes

St Andrews - Jolley and G. Tapner

Predictions for the season is West Coburg to be premiers, Summerfield to win MVP and bowling, batting is fairly open....??

RooBoy;231471 said:

Predictions for the season is West Coburg to be premiers, Summerfield to win MVP and bowling, batting is fairly open....??

Heard Tarek may have had a few players follow him to his new club. Anyone else heard this and if so, who the players are.

If Summerfield was to win the MVP and bowling, I would think he would have to bowl as many overs as last year. If this was the case then Barkly St will struggle. They can't rely on Krusty to carry them again. They need to get some depth in their bowling.

Wiseman;231468 said:

banno36;230562 said:
Easts - Havranek, Khan
Glenroy - Ward, Parker
PV - Green, R.Terranova

My only changes would be:
PV - Pianalto for Terranova
St Andrews - G.Tapner & S.Wernham for Newton & Jolley

Old School;231479 said:

lolol...Good career move moving to mats? It's sad seeing a young cricketer moving from turf to mats but wish him the best of luck. I'm sure he isn't indispensable to socials.
Real cricket is played on grass.. The rest is fun...

RooBoy;231471 said:

Heard Tarek may have had a few players follow him to his new club. Anyone else heard this and if so, who the players are.

If Summerfield was to win the MVP and bowling, I would think he would have to bowl as many overs as last year. If this was the case then Barkly St will struggle. They can't rely on Krusty to carry them again. They need to get some depth in their bowling.

Do you think he really cares about what you or anybody thinks of him, his not the sought of bloke that worrys about that, he knows who his friends are, with tossers like you around no wonder he left the club. Go Smoke.

banno36;230562 said:
Easts - Havranek, Khan
Glenroy - Ward, Parker
PV - Green, R.Terranova

OHHHHHHH NO BALL!!;227458 said:
I understand all of these points. The one season in the past he left, he played at my club in the VTCA. Great player, funny bloke who I got on well with and was part of our premiership team that year.

We went up a division and at around 11am on the morning of the first day of the season he and his dad took off. Unconfirmed rumours was because he was pissed off he couldn't bowl with the wind. Then he told us a few times he was coming back to the club to play with a few mates. They fell through and he went back to St. Andrews around 2 weeks before the season. Not many people at the club think very highly anymore of him.
Do you think he really cares about what you or anybody thinks of him, his not the sought of bloke that worrys about that, he knows who his friends are, with tossers like you around no wonder he left the club. Go Smoke.

bomber27;231515 said:

True enough, but I think our batting is what kills us to be honest. No discipline or toughness (except for a couple of guys), just flair and cowshots. I can't remember the last time we batted a full day. It's just the young guys watching how modern cricket is played. If they dont hit a boundary in an over they panic and it is so frustrating.

Looks like I'll be playing a fair bit more this season (well more than the 2 games last season), and I'll let everyone else judge if that's a good or bad thing lol.....

banno36;230562 said:
Easts - Havranek, Khan
Glenroy - Ward, Parker
PV - Green, R.Terranova

Is this true Bomber? If it is, you have kept that quiet.

OHHHHHHH NO BALL!!;227458 said:
I understand all of these points. The one season in the past he left, he played at my club in the VTCA. Great player, funny bloke who I got on well with and was part of our premiership team that year.

We went up a division and at around 11am on the morning of the first day of the season he and his dad took off. Unconfirmed rumours was because he was pissed off he couldn't bowl with the wind. Then he told us a few times he was coming back to the club to play with a few mates. They fell through and he went back to St. Andrews around 2 weeks before the season. Not many people at the club think very highly anymore of him.

bomber27;231515 said:

True enough, but I think our batting is what kills us to be honest. No discipline or toughness (except for a couple of guys), just flair and cowshots. I can't remember the last time we batted a full day. It's just the young guys watching how modern cricket is played. If they dont hit a boundary in an over they panic and it is so frustrating.

Looks like I'll be playing a fair bit more this season (well more than the 2 games last season), and I'll let everyone else judge if that's a good or bad thing lol.....

mmvca;231625 said:

It looks like banno36 knows more about whats going down at my club then I do.

Another year older and its starting to show. Pulled up very sore from our first session on Sunday.

banno36;230562 said:
Easts - Havranek, Khan
Glenroy - Ward, Parker
PV - Green, R.Terranova

bomber27;231648 said:

Another year older and its starting to show. Pulled up very sore from our first session on Sunday.
I have heard the rumour about D. Pitts going to Gladdy

bomber27;231516 said:
Interesting I would swap Gav and Scotty for Mick Harvey and Neville Taylor.

mmvca;231625 said:

Any teams looking for Sponsorship please private message me.

My company is a Telecommunications that sell Mobiles, 1300/1800 and business phones.

I am looking to sponsor a few cricket clubs.

bomber27;231648 said:

I have heard the rumour about D. Pitts going to Gladdy

bomber27;231516 said:
Interesting I would swap Gav and Scotty for Mick Harvey and Neville Taylor.

My company is a Telecommunications that sell Mobiles, 1300/1800 and business phones.

kingkong;231726 said:
St. Andrews- Marinos & Nugent for Tapner & Wernham

lol, thats a funny one kong.

Stick and stones may break my bones....................

I am sure those two mentioned with the likes of tapner and wernham would give them a big lift.

Nugent when on song though is the best spinner in the comp. Injury ruined his season, unitl then he had heap of wickets

You saddling up again this year champ?

old hack;231695 said:

I would accept your sponsorship young hack.

old hack;231747 said:
Welcome back King Kong, the way you were dancing up a storm the other night you may be bowling this year young fella!!!!!
Well Old hack if i pull up as sore the next morning as i did after that night, wont even be able to play. Man did i have a headache

kingkong;231726 said:
St. Andrews- Marinos & Nugent for Tapner & Wernham

I am sure those two mentioned with the likes of tapner and wernham would give them a big lift.

Nugent when on song though is the best spinner in the comp. Injury ruined his season, unitl then he had heap of wickets

Deano;231838 said:

At the minute im a certain unless something happens. So far so good. Them 2 i mentioned were when there on song. None better to watch Deano. Maybe plugger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back