North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

eagle;295494 said:
what are you thoughts for the games this week??

nyhus took 3 for against kp last year. also noticed 75 runs with the bat. not a bad game

you reckon there in with a show being a one dayer and all
Well one dayers always bring sides closer but i would think KP should still beat abers. I think alot will depend on abers top order if they can fire and finally make some runs then they might b in with a chance. In the other games Greenvale should win easily on the match box at FU i think portou will have fun if he gets settled.
AH should win against ALbion but they rely very heavily on the SL (who is a gun)
im not sure who will win STA v Ek but going to tip a close one with EK getting up
Tulla should get up against Westy
and one that will be interesting in the relegation contest. Seddon to win

IntoThe Wind;295943 said:
Good idea. Out of interest, how are the wickets/grounds looking after the rain? I'm sure most guys would have trained last night so should have at least had a glance at the deck. Do you think your ground will get up? And if so, will the deck be playable or is every game going to see sides put in after losing the toss? Will 120 be a big score in most games?

I reckon if we bowl first n restrict any opposition to 120 in 40 overs, anything but a win would be a very ordinary effort with the bat.

Just par for onedayers is around 150. gives u some sorta chance with bowl but u only need 2 soild partnerships and that's all she wrote.

DATES HOME TEAM v AWAY TEAM VIEW MATCH
13,20 Dec 1:00 PM Footscray United v Greenvale Easy
13,20 Dec 1:00 PM Albion v Avondale Heights should win but albion are in with a chance here.

13,20 Dec 1:00 PM Keilor Park v Aberfeldie Some one mentioned that Nyhus got 75 and 3 wickets the when these sides last met. If he can repeat that they may be some chance. KP are good but not as good as 4-0

13,20 Dec 1:00 PM St Albans v East Keilor Ek reckon batting is their strenght, if that's thec ase then they should feel confident of snatching this one.

13,20 Dec 1:00 PM Westmeadows v Tullamarine Match of the round. Windrige to have a big influence if West get him out early then they are a massive chance.

13,20 Dec 1:00 PM Parkville District v Seddon on Form.

Guess who's been ringing around asking "Do you want me to come back", do you want me to come back, do you want me to come back, do you want me to come back, do you want me to come back, do you want me to come back?Bloody hell my fingers are getting tired.:D

I can only assume given your pre admitted allegiance to Avondale u are talkng about mr bulging disk himself.... if he is ok to play it would seem pretty weak to disappear from FUCC and show up within same comp,especialy if FUCC let Manning go as he requested, only to have him burn them immediately..l.... if not him, perhaps another previous AHCC gun such as G.Dodds or M.Dodds - are either of them living in Melbourne ??

Dingo_Jones;296453 said:
Guess who's been ringing around asking "Do you want me to come back", do you want me to come back, do you want me to come back, do you want me to come back, do you want me to come back, do you want me to come back?Bloody hell my fingers are getting tired.:D

Ringing around suggests its S.Brne or Suares.

The Big Zee;296483 said:
I can only assume given your pre admitted allegiance to Avondale u are talkng about mr bulging disk himself.... if he is ok to play it would seem pretty weak to disappear from FUCC and show up within same comp,especialy if FUCC let Manning go as he requested, only to have him burn them immediately..l.... if not him, perhaps another previous AHCC gun such as G.Dodds or M.Dodds - are either of them living in Melbourne ??

You read like your in love with someone or some thing at fucc apart from your self. I have never stated an allegiance with Avondale apart from the fact that I regularly have a drink with an old stager from avondale at the spencer hotel in spencer.ST. Incidently they serve the best chicken Parmagiana (did I spell that right?) I've ever eaten. The old stager from avondale is a great source of info as he is associated with a couple of clubs in the area.

Re G.Dodds and M.Dodds, I have umpired them both on occasion and have found them to be absolute gentlemen. Very competitive both given to extreme excitement from time to time in the heat of battle. My source at spencer.st says one is in Cairns and the other is in Margaret river. Now your going to ask me where Margaret river is.

No matter how much spin you, the fucc committee or anyone else want to put on it, Manning sooked up and retired because he was'nt happy with the way Suares was skippering the side. The blow up between Manning and Suares was inadequately handled by fucc's executive. This I beleive put enormouse strain on Suares as I believe he felt he did'nt have the confidence of the exec, due to their collective intellectual presidium.

If you check my post on the seniors thread number 2929 sept 9th 2008, you will see I predicted this would happen when you get two sooks together in the same team. Manning's retirement was short lived simply because Suares Exited. Having umpired them both on occasion, I can tell you they do tend to spit the dummy frequently.

IntoThe Wind;291390 said:
No offence 7fa, but considering EK have won 1 of their last 15, and are playing a team that has made finals for the last 2 years, I dont think the EK in's will matter. St Albans for me.

Its now 2 out of 15 games :D

Ha Ha!! Very true. Good win by EK. 2 in a row should give them a heap on confidence going into the break. I must admit, i thought they were certainties for relegation. But with some good form, and other sides really dropping away (FU, Albion), staying up is in their own hands and i think they can make it. Well done to them!!

IntoThe Wind;297336 said:
Ha Ha!! Very true. Good win by EK. 2 in a row should give them a heap on confidence going into the break. I must admit, i thought they were certainties for relegation. But with some good form, and other sides really dropping away (FU, Albion), staying up is in their own hands and i think they can make it. Well done to them!!

Still think they will need to win 2 more games.

Good young kids taking wickets louie is 17 he took 5 wickets, Glen took 3 he is 19 and arron took 2 and he is also 17 playing the kids is starting to pay off a bit which is always a good thing.

But still a long way to go.

IntoThe Wind;297336 said:

Well done to EK

Geez its a close year isnt it

some interesting results to say the least

FU smashed to bits by Pizaro and then backed up by the bats, FU are def on the ropes now aren't they.

Albion at 5/53 chasing 74 prob thought they were home but Av Heights out of jail. Are they that good or lucky at present ? Nearly beaten by a few also rans a few times now, batting got to be a major worry, def got the bowlers to do the damage :confused:

looks like KP had a fright with the Aberfeldie bowling attack again not being backed by their batsman. Old Man Shanahan continues to take wickets with his straight one's, I for one thought he'd go ok at this level knowing his background and good on him for leading the attack down there, bet Nyhus wishes they had a bat to compliment their bowling lineup, oh but it probably should be him and he's averaging 15 (how's them apples Eagle, Blake Lively and other Aberfeldie stooges). 4/83 chasing 121 and then all out for 93 is yet again them either choking or just not being up to it :eek:

Tulla live up to what a few people think of them with David Z getting a hat trick well done to him. Westmeadows not as good as what some think in my opinion, they may prove me wrong but I still think 5th or 6th is their lot in life this year.

Parkville win to move away from the bottom 3 but with the year being so close they are still right in it for the relegation zone as with about 4 others.

Is it confirmed yet how many teams get relegated ?

He who knows best;297362 said:
Well done to EK

Geez its a close year isnt it

some interesting results to say the least

FU smashed to bits by Pizaro and then backed up by the bats, FU are def on the ropes now aren't they.

Albion at 5/53 chasing 74 prob thought they were home but Av Heights out of jail. Are they that good or lucky at present ? Nearly beaten by a few also rans a few times now, batting got to be a major worry, def got the bowlers to do the damage :confused:
looks like KP had a fright with the Aberfeldie bowling attack again not being backed by their batsman. Old Man Shanahan continues to take wickets with his straight one's, I for one thought he'd go ok at this level knowing his background and good on him for leading the attack down there, bet Nyhus wishes they had a bat to compliment their bowling lineup, oh but it probably should be him and he's averaging 15 (how's them apples Eagle, Blake Lively and other Aberfeldie stooges). 4/83 chasing 121 and then all out for 93 is yet again them either choking or just not being up to it :eek:

Tulla live up to what a few people think of them with David Z getting a hat trick well done to him. Westmeadows not as good as what some think in my opinion, they may prove me wrong but I still think 5th or 6th is their lot in life this year.

Parkville win to move away from the bottom 3 but with the year being so close they are still right in it for the relegation zone as with about 4 others.

Is it confirmed yet how many teams get relegated ?

Yeah they r a strange side this year an unknown i reckon with players moving on in recent times. Going into this 3 week break they r 4-1. Looking at their only loss to KP they should've beaten KP had them 9/90 & let no 10-11 get KP past 140. I know these r if's n buts....truth be told they should be 5-0. But others may argue they could've been much worse 3-2 2-3 or even 1-4. But they are 4 wins and i solitary loss i reckon there are 9 other clubs who would love to be in that possy. So good on 'em.

EK good on ya, teerific wins and have every chance to add to them in 2 onedayers comping up.

St Albans was a surprise for me.

KP despite being 5-0 against showed that their batters can be a bit suspect at times, i reckon their last 3 games their batting has collapsed but fortuately for them opposition has done not better.

Greenvale batting lookis the best, bowling too reliant on PiZa..i know am starting to sound like a broken record. Foot united not surprised what happened althogh was taken back by seeing Manning back? What the %^&*?

Tulla recuitment has made a difference from also rans they r a genuine contender this year. Westy gave a contest but tulla too strong.

Parkville show some life. Seddon very up n down don't kow what to make of them.

No one standout team though.

beached as;297539 said:
Judging by your previous post and his short lived retirement, your were referring to Manning I guess.

Spot on. Although it could have quite easily been S.Byrne or W.Suares.

Interesting that one former coach and two current coaches that have recently departed are all from the same comp. "NTH A". Must be something in the water.

ROY G BIV;296003 said:
[/B]

I reckon if we bowl first n restrict any opposition to 120 in 40 overs, anything but a win would be a very ordinary effort with the bat.

Just par for onedayers is around 150. gives u some sorta chance with bowl but u only need 2 soild partnerships and that's all she wrote.

DATES HOME TEAM v AWAY TEAM VIEW MATCH
13,20 Dec 1:00 PM Footscray United v Greenvale Easy
13,20 Dec 1:00 PM Albion v Avondale Heights should win but albion are in with a chance here.

13,20 Dec 1:00 PM Keilor Park v Aberfeldie Some one mentioned that Nyhus got 75 and 3 wickets the when these sides last met. If he can repeat that they may be some chance. KP are good but not as good as 4-0

13,20 Dec 1:00 PM St Albans v East Keilor Ek reckon batting is their strenght, if that's thec ase then they should feel confident of snatching this one.

13,20 Dec 1:00 PM Westmeadows v Tullamarine Match of the round. Windrige to have a big influence if West get him out early then they are a massive chance.

13,20 Dec 1:00 PM Parkville District v Seddon on Form.

Well done 5 out of six. Although you did make the qualification that EK might get up.

The final four in Nth "A" appears set, with westie about the only other challenger. Picking out who they might force out is difficult. With two one dayers coming up after the break could dramatically change things for all concerned should there be a few upsets.

Saw this on another forum and reckon its a good idea

anyone able to outline their quick thoughts per club under the following headings -

Review -

Shinging Light(s) -

Lowlight -

Highlight -

Predicted Outcome -

I'll give it a go for East Keilor

Review - Very young side who seem to be on the improve, were inconsitent early. Batting has been good expect for proberly one game and the bowling has seemed to improve in the last few games with kids stating to believe they may belong in this grade.

Shinging Light(s) -John Bell, Ian Robinson, Mick barton with the bat.
L.Ruberto J.Bell and A.Ollington with ball

Lowlight - Losing the captain coach with a knee injury in the last practice match, Tryed to play one game but his knee was not up to it. Looked a very good bat

Highlight - The kids coming on in leaps and bounds. P. Butterworth back from Queensland for last three games before x-mas which have resulted in 2 wins and draw, and i think his batting will only improve after x-mas.

Best highlight is def winning our last 2 games before x-mas ( its been a long time between drinks haha)

Predicted Outcome - I think we can win at least 2 more games if we keep improving, Likley finish anywere from 6th to 10th i think

I know it's a bit early but anyone game enough to predict the GFinalists and relegated sides.

No good predicting such things after rnd 10/11.

Fun would be to have a go now and see how far off the mark we were. I realise blokes could look quite foolish if the side they predicted to win the flag doesn't even feature in the finals.....but who cares let's give it a crack.

OK here i go GFinalist: Greenvale V Tulla - 2 years ago in Nth B Tulla caused an upset . This time around? Tulla more balanced ok Bowlers + Solid batters. Greenvale excellent batters , pizarro lone bowler. Prediction: GREENVALE-inness,kent,porotu,couts will compensate for a one man bowling attack.

Outsider for the Flag Avondale Heights. Have Bowlers, if their batters step up i reckon they'r a fair Chance. Having said that i think they r also the only side that could drop outta the top 4. Wouldn't be surprised if either scenario eventuates. Prediction: anywhere from premiers to 8th.

KP will do what KP do best IN Nth A, look good during the year, be there abouts but always don't perform come crunch time in the Finals. Blanchett needs to be on fire with help from atleast 1 more seamer if they'r to take out the flag. My prediction Semi_finalist. Runners up at best.

Relegated: FU, Aberfeldie, EK, parville if 4 go down
FU, Aberfeldie if only 2 go down.

In regards to relegation, wouldn't it be 3 going down, not 4?? Wouldn't that make North A & B even?

Predictions: KP to beat Tulla in the GF. KP are the most well rounded team I have seen so far. Tulla & Greenvale are good, but have areas of concern. Pizarro is very good but Greenvale don't have many other bowlers other than him. If the top order can see him off, I reckon a big score can be made. Tulla are a bit the same. Bowling lacks variety. While both teams have good batting line ups, they aren't awesome. KP's batting looks good, they have 5-6 guys who can get runs and their bowling is serviceable. And I think they are due after many years of being around the mark

Relegation: I reckon 4 wins and u will be safe. Albion, Aberfeldie & FU all have only 1 win and can't see all of them getting 3 more wins so 2 and maybe all 3 will be gone. If I had to choose, then Aberfeldie to finish last, then Albion and then FU. Think the other side who has to worry is Parkville. They traditionally lose players over the xmas break and if they can't snag a win in the one dayers, i think will struggle in the longer game. So Parkville to finish 4th last

The rest: Avondale to get into the 4. Bowling will keep them in most games and considering they are a game clear of fifth at the moment, they should cement a spot with 2 more wins. 5th-8th to be St Albans (dark horse who tend to finish the season well), Westmeados (is Cunneen still around? Need him!), Seddon & EK to be happy to avoid drop.

Wish the VTCA would come out and say if its bottom 4 or bottom 2 going down this year.

Its been dragging on all year :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back