North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

7/564;301488 said:
Wish the VTCA would come out and say if its bottom 4 or bottom 2 going down this year.

Its been dragging on all year :mad:

I think it will be 3 to leave 10 clubs in North A and 10 in North B. If Kingsville come back in it may go down to 2 but if Seabrook collapses it may go to 4.

Thats why I believe nobody has been told.

beached as;301495 said:
I think it will be 3 to leave 10 clubs in North A and 10 in North B. If Kingsville come back in it may go down to 2 but if Seabrook collapses it may go to 4.

Thanks Mick,

you are prob right

beached as;301495 said:

Whats happened to Seabrook? Weren't they a strong club playing finals recently?

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;301631 said:
Whats happened to Seabrook? Weren't they a strong club playing finals recently?

They are genuine battlers in North B. I don't think they will fold, I'm thinking more down the lines of moving comps.

beached as;301495 said:

I agree. How can an intelligent logically thinking executive member/members come to a satisfactory conclusion as to the make up of either comp until they are in full possession of the facts. The facts wont be known until around june or july 2009. E.G. Which clubs want in, which clubs want out.

Personally, I don't see why the Nth."A" comp should be reduced in number simply to add to the numbers in Nth."B". This would mean some clubs in Nth "A". being relegated undeservedly through no fault of there own.

Obviously a 12 team comp is ideal as each team plays each other once. I think a balanced comp is everyones preference. As far as Nth"B" is concerned a 10 or 8 team comp is unbalanced and I know undesirable by most. Where as a 6 team comp, everyone gets to play each other twice. Take a look at the Nth D1 one day sunday comp. They get to play each other four times.

By reducing the number of teams from Nth"A" to 10 simply to bring Nth "B" up to 10 achieves only one thing. Instead of 8 clubs playing in an unbalanced comp, we will have 20. How ordinary will that be. If it were my club in Nth"A" I would be giving an emphatic no.

beached as;301638 said:
They are genuine battlers in North B. I don't think they will fold, I'm thinking more down the lines of moving comps.

I'm thinking Seabrook will finish 6th on the ladder (there current position) ahead of Craigieburn and Hoppers crossing. Why would they want to move from the comp if they are battlers as you say. Which other Turf comp could they move to and not be slaughtered even more.

I,ve always looked on the Nth"B" comp as a great little nursery where a club can re-group, find it's feet and become competitive again for very little money.

Dingo_Jones;301914 said:
I'm thinking Seabrook will finish 6th on the ladder (there current position) ahead of Craigieburn and Hoppers crossing. Why would they want to move from the comp if they are battlers as you say. Which other Turf comp could they move to and not be slaughtered even more.

I,ve always looked on the Nth"B" comp as a great little nursery where a club can re-group, find it's feet and become competitive again for very little money.

Well being the second worst team in all of the north divisions and having a bit of a rough trot over the past few seasons is why I called them battlers.

No disrespect to the club. Rainer Reber is trying to get the club back to a dominant level such as in the mid 90s in the Willy comp and I'm sure in time they will get there.

Maybe they have lost a few players due to having to travel to the likes of Cragieburn, Jacana and even Aberfeldie Park where in the two local Williamstown area comps they will be playing in close proximity home and away which may attract more players back.

beached as;302201 said:
Well being the second worst team in all of the north divisions and having a bit of a rough trot over the past few seasons is why I called them battlers.

No disrespect to the club. Rainer Reber is trying to get the club back to a dominant level such as in the mid 90s in the Willy comp and I'm sure in time they will get there.

Maybe they have lost a few players due to having to travel to the likes of Cragieburn, Jacana and even Aberfeldie Park where in the two local Williamstown area comps they will be playing in close proximity home and away which may attract more players back.

I agree totally,it will help them if they move back to WDCA,the travel has to be an issue when recruiting players.They are no where near as strong as they were b4 they left willy comp+ would struggle for a few years if they came back,but it would be great for the willy comp to get them back!!!!!

hussler;302660 said:
I agree totally,it will help them if they move back to WDCA,the travel has to be an issue when recruiting players.They are no where near as strong as they were b4 they left willy comp+ would struggle for a few years if they came back,but it would be great for the willy comp to get them back!!!!!

Seeing as the discussion appears to be about Seabrook c/c, lets delve a little more into there current status. How many senior turf sides do they have,how many senior hard wicket sides and how many junior teams do they field? Does anybody know accurately?

Dingo_Jones;303083 said:
Seeing as the discussion appears to be about Seabrook c/c, lets delve a little more into there current status. How many senior turf sides do they have,how many senior hard wicket sides and how many junior teams do they field? Does anybody know accurately?

They have 2 turf sides(VTCA)
-2 matting sides(WDCA)
-4 junior sides(WDCA)

Hey boys,
Just found out about this site. Very interesting reading. I've spent some time in both North A and B in recent seasons, so hope I can contribute positively to the discussion.

hussler;303283 said:
They have 2 turf sides(VTCA)
-2 matting sides(WDCA)
-4 junior sides(WDCA)

If what you say is correct, then seabrook certainly have the fundamentals right. Junior clubs that let there junior squad get the staggers for too long will eventually see reverbarations right throughout the senior squad. Eventually each senior team will have 5 players playing one grade too high. All of whom will be out of there depth. So how do you get an "A"grade side competitive in the Nth "B" competition?

1 captain coach must be an all rounder. Bat and bowler.
2 Coach must be able to bring one other player with him.
3 Club must have at least a budget of from 10-15,000 dollars annually.
4 Are the recruiters recruiting donkeys?
5 Does the coach have the ability to attract players to the club or do they run the other way?

Son of a Gun;303528 said:
Hey boys,
Just found out about this site. Very interesting reading. I've spent some time in both North A and B in recent seasons, so hope I can contribute positively to the discussion.

By Gun. Out of who?

thoughts for this weeks games people ?

Have to say some results here certainly are required by teams at both ends of the table.
With 11 points between 5th and Last EVERY single win and point now counts.

Round 7
10 Jan(1:00 PM) Footscray United v Seddon Pennell Reserve
10 Jan(1:00 PM) East Keilor v Avondale Heights Overland Reserve
10 Jan(1:00 PM) Greenvale v Westmeadows Greenvale Recreation Reserve
10 Jan(1:00 PM) St Albans v Albion Kings Park Reserve
10 Jan(1:00 PM) Tullamarine v Keilor Park Tullamarine Reserve
10 Jan(1:00 PM) Parkville District v Aberfeldie Brens Oval

FU just
AV Heights easy
Greenvale easy
St Albans just
Tullamarine easy
Parkville just

Dingo_Jones;304719 said:
If what you say is correct, then seabrook certainly have the fundamentals right. Junior clubs that let there junior squad get the staggers for too long will eventually see reverbarations right throughout the senior squad. Eventually each senior team will have 5 players playing one grade too high. All of whom will be out of there depth. So how do you get an "A"grade side competitive in the Nth "B" competition?

5 Does the coach have the ability to attract players to the club or do they run the other way?

OK Pretty good summation here Dingo. Knowlege which i bet u gained through gettting ur hands dirty in the thick of runnnig a local Club. Sounds like u know what is needed to be competitive in park cricket.

What do u reckon it takes to be a strong club in Nth A, by strong i mean vying for Flags, year in year out and obviously snatching one every now n then. Can you tell us the what's required in a similar manner as u did above for Nth B.

It's clear the higher the grade you play in Vtca ie. Sen A or Sen Division the deeper the pockets a club needs to have along with a good soild squad of 12-15 blokes who can play 1X1 cricket.

Also the real solid clubs have a very compettive culture not just in 1X1 but also in other so called lower grades 2nds,3rd's & of course juniors etc.

Interested in your take on this?

He who knows best;304922 said:
thoughts for this weeks games people ?

Have to say some results here certainly are required by teams at both ends of the table.
With 11 points between 5th and Last EVERY single win and point now counts.

Round 7
10 Jan(1:00 PM) Footscray United v Seddon Pennell Reserve
10 Jan(1:00 PM) East Keilor v Avondale Heights Overland Reserve
10 Jan(1:00 PM) Greenvale v Westmeadows Greenvale Recreation Reserve
10 Jan(1:00 PM) St Albans v Albion Kings Park Reserve
10 Jan(1:00 PM) Tullamarine v Keilor Park Tullamarine Reserve
10 Jan(1:00 PM) Parkville District v Aberfeldie Brens Oval

FU just
AV Heights easy
Greenvale easy
St Albans just
Tullamarine easy
Parkville just

My Guesses are:

Seddon win for mine simply because FUCC are all over the place on and off the field.

AH should win but EK have won the last 2 matches b4 the Chrissy/new year break & both were one dayers, so they will go into this game with lots of confidence. If Avondale are serious contenders this year they have to brush aside sides like EK.

I mentioned a number of times now that westy have a tough run home and this is an example. Greenvale should win but if westy wants to make their run for the 4th spot they have to win this and a get over the lines against a few moer opponents like Grenvale.

St Albans v Albion these clubs are used to playing big games against each other but this ain't one of those. Both are having disappointing seasons my Tip St Albans

I noticed S Thompson didn't play for KP last match i reckon he can be a loss in a onedayers hits the ball nicely that boy. KP are OK but not 5-0 ok but i'll still tip 'em. If tulla win then they are well n truly flying this year.

last and yeah least Abers should knock off Parkville, they ran KP Close in their last game, if their batters stood up this year they would be at least 3-2 right now. Also any one know why they let a promising LH Bat Moore got to Doutta Stars, a club like abers needs to retain young blokes like that.

Dingo_Jones;304719 said:

I agree with most of what u say,but,its not just about the 1sts??

I know your ideas would help the lower grades a bit, but blow ins who take the $$$$$$$+ take off after a couple of years is not what a local club needs.............There are lots of examples of this when SCA+FCA folded and a couple of clubs from WDCA all went to the VTCA,most of them are now struggling big time...CYMS the exception,even they havent had juniors for a few years now+their time might come too???

Most of those teams would not even get anywhere near a senior divvy flag ever, cos the funds just arent there!!! Unfortunatley I dont think there is a solution to this...........:cool:

What are people's thoughts on S Brne leaving St Albans mid season to join Willy CY in Senior A?

What kind of person is he? How much will this hurt St Albans?

Just had a quick check

01/02 Albion
02/03 Keilor
03/04 Keilor
04/05 East Keilor
05/06 Keilor
06/07 Keilor
07/08 Albion
08/09 St Albans & Willy CY

Amazing!!!

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;305360 said:
What are people's thoughts on S Brne leaving St Albans mid season to join Willy CY in Senior A?

What kind of person is he? How much will this hurt St Albans?

Folks on this sforum spent some time discussing the going ons at St Albans concerning S Byrne. And i don't recall anyone had a nice word to say about him. One comment which was repeated by many was: Every club he went to hd had issues with other palyers from keilor, albion a ckub where he won a flag last year along with his brother and i think he's dad is president of albion, anyhow not many had anyhting good to say about him.

Personally palying against him i never picked up on that. He behaved no different to any other 1X1 senior palyer would i guess i don't know the bloke that well, if comments about him on this forum are anyhting to go by.

hussler;305108 said:
I agree with most of what u say,but,its not just about the 1sts??
I know your ideas would help the lower grades a bit, but blow ins who take the $$$$$$$+ take off after a couple of years is not what a local club needs.............There are lots of examples of this when SCA+FCA folded and a couple of clubs from WDCA all went to the VTCA,most of them are now struggling big time...CYMS the exception,even they havent had juniors for a few years now+their time might come too???

Most of those teams would not even get anywhere near a senior divvy flag ever, cos the funds just arent there!!! Unfortunatley I dont think there is a solution to this...........:cool:

Agree with u there mate.
Clubs who rely on cash to win 1X1 games are only kidding themselves, especially if they are not swimming in $$$'s. If you have funds then good luck to u, after all we live in a capitalist society

Spending some poor benefectors had end dough on glorified park cricketers may eran to some success in short term but if u don't look after other grades, 2nds , 3rd etc and especially juniors then u are only writing your own death warrant in the future.

A true club is one which caters the needs of all its menebers juniors, 5ths, 2nds or whatever, if folks are only intersted in 1x1 then why bother having oter grades or club at all simply call urself suburbname1X1.

I have seen a few clubs who no longer exist or struggling to survive who once bought their way to 1X1 success in past to the detrement of other grades ignoring what went on in juniors and other senior grades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back