Number of Empty seats in Test Cricket

Re: Number of Empty seats in Test Cricket

Eden Gardens is one place i am facinated by, and i'd love to visit it!

I'd also love to visit the Wanderers.

i think too much one day cricket is runining the game. icc needs to improve the international calendar. we need more matches between equal teams. australias dominance is also a factor but its not our fault. i think most aussies would happily watch us dominate for another decade.

I think the test match of india and pak is very exciting. We need more such competition to keep people interested to watch test cricket over 5 days.

i think teams need to learn something from australia and play a bit of aggressive test cricket. that will give more entertainment to the crowd and provide results too.

there was a poor crowd for tomorrows sa vs nz odi too. i think its got to do with the popularity of cricket in those countries.

It not only the responsibility of ICC; but of the test playing nations as well.
They have workout a way to promote cricket in a big way
:)

There was recently a poll about which is the best form of cricket and 69% voted for test cricket so it is still very popular in india. the popularity in countries like south africa, new zealand zimbabwe needs to be increased.

Any form of Cricket will always be popular in India.
People are madly passionate about Cricket :)
The poll result mentioned above also justifies the same :)

I think that any of the Asian countries will always have a big pull when it comes to cricket, especially for the local derbies. Once Bangladesh reach a suitable standard it will help things even more.

You never know, in 10 years time we may even be talking about having Afghanistan touring India, Pakistan etc, I'm sure that would also pull the crowds in.

Almost_Austwick said:
I think that any of the Asian countries will always have a big pull when it comes to cricket, especially for the local derbies. Once Bangladesh reach a suitable standard it will help things even more.

You never know, in 10 years time we may even be talking about having Afghanistan touring India, Pakistan etc, I'm sure that would also pull the crowds in.
Afghanistan touring India and Pakistan :laugh: :laugh:
That was a good one :D

south africa need to do something because the crowd was less for the odi matches too......i think rugby is there main sport and they dont like much cricket

I dont think they can beat Pakistan or Australia with only half the facility. They need to work a lot harder and in 20 years maybe they will have a good cricket team. Good to know that cricket popularity is spreading to other countries as well.

Almost_Austwick said:
Simple solution - cut prices. You can argue that you're getting good value for money in terms of number of hours play versus price but £50 (in the UK) is still a bit steep.

Also, you need to look at the individual countries in question, some places prefer the one day game to tests.

Lastly, looking at some of the tests over the last few days, well, hardly been a great advertisement has it.

I don't think you can cut down $5 for a GA kids ticket.

"I think the national boards of all the countries should take responsibility," Boycott told Cricinfo. "The pace of life has changed. [Years ago] an India-Pakistan Test would be sold out twice over and you wouldn't be able to get a seat. But people today have jobs and they don't want a Test match to last five days.

"I would recommend four-day Tests. I would try to increase the over-rate, because people want to pack more into life, and I would play day-night Tests. Kerry Packer tried it in 1977-78 and '78-79. He had a few Tests that were played at night and they got good crowds. I think it is time the administrators did something about this

Cricinfo

Seems that Boycs and Timedout are on the same wavelength.

I'd love to see this happen personally, anyone else?

i'd say the boards should also plan better so that we dont get any matches washed out and need to produce wickets that will give us a result. i think that india pakistan are playing too often thats why the lack of interest.

If people cant watch for 5 days then they wont watch for 4 days either. But i like the idea of day-night test matches.

Day-Night Test matches might be a possibility in near future :)
Would be interesting to watch.
I suppose it happened maybe once in India for a ranji match probably played in Gwalior.

I think if there is day-night test matches then they will have to replace the red ball and that will change test cricket so i have changed my mind on day night tests.

Back