RESULTS round 7

Re: RESULTS round 7

Club Cricketer;208669 said:
MGS are looking very formidable.

With s land (77, 32 & 25), payno (146), rich thomas (90, 72) and gooley (45, 30 & 40) all scoring runs so far this term, with shaw and keathy having had a couple of quiet past couple of weeks, along with tommy morris now fit and back in team (made 35 vs Xavier), the batting is looking very strong.

Bowling is looking very good as well, with rory mitchell and nick voyage the most underrated opening bowling pair in history. Conistently expose middle orders in first 10 overs, leaving bettsy and the big fast tearaway louis cameron to clean the opposition up. Then if need be rich thomas can bowl (spinning the ball a metre - i kid you not) along with s. land's handy medium's. Great to see shawry bowl again vs. xavier (didnt go too well though) however bowled 3 overs in second innings against GC and removed dangerman shaw kitchen (claimed it was part of a plan) with a crafty spell of pace and spin (some of the worst bowling in aps history)

Stephen Land is a quality player, i took him under my wing many a season ago (seriously, ask him). He can actually bowl, but from what i have recently seen of him, he has a habit of thumping the ball half way down the track.

but seriously fellow big cricketers, is this a suprise, wesley are a terrible outfit, full of arrogant under acheiving cricketers, congrats to the year 10's for putting them in there place. The worst batting line up acommanpanied but a dismal bowling attack wouldnt be suprised if they lost to the 10b's as well. Hopefully instead of being on bigcricket and reading this they will be working hard in the nets to ensure another embarrasing doesnt meet them on the weekend.

carey u just sound like a dead set ************ mate. fiskem's a good bloke and done nothing to deserve it..

i guess if your from wesely the upside is ur firsts will be pritty good in a couple of years. kid took 6 fa, no one in any aps team who have played wesley has done that.

Praise must be awarded to the 10As for this peformance, and to the 1st - that ruins any credibility you ever had.

HOWEVER, a few things to ponder...

If you were in the firsts that day - I doubt you would really care at all or would want to be there at all, especially as there is really nothing to play for

If you were in the 10As that day - I reckon you would extremely eager to do all you could to play well on this day

I am not making an excuse, just putting the result in a more realistic scope. Nevertheless, this view is complete conjecture and nothing more

eric the eel;209051 said:
Praise must be awarded to the 10As for this peformance, and to the 1st - that ruins any credibility you ever had.

HOWEVER, a few things to ponder...

If you were in the firsts that day - I doubt you would really care at all or would want to be there at all, especially as there is really nothing to play for

If you were in the 10As that day - I reckon you would extremely eager to do all you could to play well on this day

I am not making an excuse, just putting the result in a more realistic scope. Nevertheless, this view is complete conjecture and nothing more

That's rite on it there,

the 1s made 206 in 50 overs with not a full strenth line-up, then the 10A's/2s were bout 7/60 so 1's started mucking around giving everyone a bowl etc. then eventually they were 10/175 so 1s let them bat 13 players hence they batted for 60 overs where they eventually passed 1s... but that doesnt mean the 1s lost, it was a practice game and everyone got practice.
This shouldnt even be discussed.

well in that case i revoke my initial comment about the performance of the 1s ruining their credibility. If you arne't making this up...

davey36;209054 said:
That's rite on it there,

the 1s made 206 in 50 overs with not a full strenth line-up, then the 10A's/2s were bout 7/60 so 1's started mucking around giving everyone a bowl etc. then eventually they were 10/175 so 1s let them bat 13 players hence they batted for 60 overs where they eventually passed 1s... but that doesnt mean the 1s lost, it was a practice game and everyone got practice.
This shouldnt even be discussed.

Both sides batted 12, no? And the 1sts were bowled out in 50 out of 60 overs?

Dean3;209131 said:
Both sides batted 12, no? And the 1sts were bowled out in 50 out of 60 overs?

yes correct, both sides batted 12, and the 1sts were bowled out in 50 of the 60 overs...
obs worthy of discussion

cop it sweet wes

Scotch was saved by Sam Muttdon on Saturday. This kid would have to be up there for one of the funniest kids to ever don the Scotch cap. Also one of the most underrated bowlers in the comp. Will be a crucial member of the Scotch pace attack next year too. Look for him to take the new pill. Can bat too.

Mr Carey;209263 said:
yes correct, both sides batted 12, and the 1sts were bowled out in 50 of the 60 overs...
obs worthy of discussion

cop it sweet wes

Rumour has it that you copped it sweet from a 2nds bowler Mr Carey

i heard one of the gairns boys was on 50 and tried to reverse sweep a bowler for six and got caught on the boundry, so im guessin the game wasnt taken very serious, by the firsts at least

zapper_9;209294 said:
Rumour has it that you copped it sweet from a 2nds bowler Mr Carey

rumour has it eh...

apparently gairns reverse sweep looked more like a block which saw the end of his middle skiddle ;)

Apparently Mr Carey's wicket looked more like a car crash. Running down the pitch and throwing things all over the place. Rumour has it ehh....

You made less than half gairns score.

Back