South Africa in Australia

Re: South Africa in Australia

South Africa are 2 -159 at the drinks break.

Eseentially it is 3 as Smith will not bat this innings.

Mckenzie is the stand in skipper.

The bowlers are keeping it very tight at the moment.

Now we just need a wicket or two before lunch.

Jolldo87;304284 said:
The bowlers are keeping it very tight at the moment.

Now we just need a wicket or two before lunch.

If De Villiers and Amla can be here at luch I think they will be confident for that very reason.

This is very dry cricket, australia keeping it tight but the problem is if SAF get to lunch 2 down they will bat for the rest of the day and look at batting australia out of the match. Need some agression. bollinger seems to be going through the motions IMO

de villiers is run out for 11....

that came out of no-where.. great direct throw by johno and australia get the wicket they craved.

a for effort;304290 said:
Wasn't he going to give 150,000%?

I think it's all confidence, it's hard to keep banging them down and see them go straight. He needs to use his off cutter to make the batsman play at the ball and then work one across him. Otherwise it's just too easy for the batsman.

how could that not be out? Was going to hit leg stump and would be out caught if he hit it....

anyone have any idea why that was not out?

solar;304298 said:
how could that not be out? Was going to hit leg stump and would be out caught if he hit it....

anyone have any idea why that was not out?

Billy wasn't watching maybe.

An absolutely pathetic decision. :mad:

grapedo;304296 said:
No I am Australian.

But I support South Africa and have been for 10 years now.

see I have never got this personally... yes I have a soft spot for some nations because of family and if I moved to a new country then I would go for them but.....

anyway as I wrote him off doug started to get reverse swing... in fact both newbies are getting it to move and macca gets his first test wicket.... well done.... pitch starting to play up a little... imagine if that last LBW was given! we would have been into the tail :(

Jolldo87;304299 said:
Billy wasn't watching maybe.

An absolutely pathetic decision. :mad:

did you see the big fast bowler going sick at the end of the over... classic fast bowler!!!

I must say that ponting has done well in placing some pressure on amala by putting a short mid on with macca moving the ball back into him. He has manipulated the field and supported some very green bowlers.

Back