South Africa in Australia

Re: South Africa in Australia

Top stuff Siddle, stick it right up em.

Hayden, so, so lucky. His wife was really nervous wasn't she. :D

Go on and bat all tomorrow, then bowl their depleted batsmen out.

Even I (one of the more optimistic South African supporters) think that South Africa will exceed my expectations HUGELY if they win from here and mildly if they draw.

Great effort from Australia but too little too late unfortunately (in terms of the series). Nice to see Siddle showing something with the ball. Bollinger was desperately unlucky, could have had two or three wickets had things gone his way.

Pitch will deteriorate further so Australia will find it tough to score runs but hopefully they'll be able to score enough to be as far in front as possible. Declaration before or after tea would be the go.

Going to be hard to score runs on the last day so any runs scored today to build the lead will be worth gold. A lead over 350 would make it very difficult on this pitch, even in 4 sessions. Would prefer to see it closer to 400 to be safe.

Would imagine seeing South Africa are 2nil up they will chase whatever target to begin with.....maybe.

That's a fantastic session for us.

1/119, an overall lead on 237.

If Ponting can bat for another hour he'll probably have a ton at the rate he is going.

last innings from hayden? We shall see

Good session, ponting very lucky not to get a golden pair with a leave that struck the bat and missed the stumps....

Good finish to the test series here and if we can take this into the one dayers the SAF tour will be interesting.

Bloody Hayden, playing on again.

Oh well, a decent lead here, will Australia declare today and have a go at em tonight?

Who will open with McKenzie? DeVilliers? Amla?

Biggie;304844 said:
Bloody Hayden, playing on again.

Oh well, a decent lead here, will Australia declare today and have a go at em tonight?

Yeah, we'll declare tonight.

Who will open with McKenzie? DeVilliers? Amla?

They said if needed Smith will bat. :eek:

I'd think Amla would open with McKenzie.

Ponting chops on for 53.

He was batting so well too.

Australia 2/134, leading by 252 runs.

Jolldo87;304870 said:
Yeah, we'll declare tonight.

They said if needed Smith will bat. :eek:

I'd think Amla would open with McKenzie.

Yeah but they mean if they needed 20 to win or something.

grapedo;304898 said:
Yeah but they mean if they needed 20 to win or something.

I still don't see how he can bat with his hand in plaster though or for that matter why he would risk it.

Jolldo87;304902 said:
I still don't see how he can bat with his hand in plaster though or for that matter why he would risk it.

I am guessing that the operation went well.

Also becuase he is a vrey proud person and would love to make the #1 Icc ranked test side his own.

Jolldo87;304902 said:

If they needed <10 runs I could see him coming in at 11 and trying to give the strike to Ntini. The world number 1 spot is a big carrot for the South Africans and I think if it came down to it they would take the risk

a for effort;304905 said:
If they needed <10 runs I could see him coming in at 11 and trying to give the strike to Ntini. The world number 1 spot is a big carrot for the South Africans and I think if it came down to it they would take the risk

Agree with all of that excpet him giving the strike to Ntini.

I think he would hog the strike IMO.

Back