South Africa in Australia

Re: South Africa in Australia

Congratulations Pete.

A fantastic display of bowling.

Hopefully we can get to stumps without losing a wicket.

This pitch will be a nightmare for South Africa to bat last on. Whatever the lead Australia get to it should be enough.

whats a gettable score batting on the final day? 300?

Walked the dogs and got in just in time to see siddle get a 5 for. Congrats

Looks like haydos has relised that this pitch will trap him sooner or later and is hitting up big....

did you see that last one... it nearly rolled!

7 overs tonight?

can the 2 of them survive? 0/10 off the first over. hayden wants the lead to be 150 by stumps :p

solar;304456 said:
whats a gettable score batting on the final day? 300

It would take a very good effort to get 300 on this deck.

I can't see why Hayden was given not out there.

Jolldo87;304458 said:
It would take a very good effort to get 300 on this deck.

I can't see why Hayden was given not out there.

billy was umpiring...?? has not had the greatest of days has billy

************ it was... well it seems the umpires are doing it as a pair....

swings and round abouts... remember perth...

but imagine if ponting had some support in melbourne and we could have ecked out a draw. We would be favorites to draw the series....

shows what 2 extra bowlers enabled us to do today. Even with no luck and stubborn batting we still dismissed them for under 350.....

was that the best no wicket haul from dougie or what!!!

Hahah, probably. Poor guy.

Great stuff from these two. 0/31... lead of about 150, not bad. Hopefully they survive this last over, and I don't jinx them.

Great stuff guys. Good days play. Lead of 151 is great. Get it to about 400 depending on our run rate then declare I reckon.

nah you didn't mousey....

awesome effort from the aussies.... really focus on getting 100 in that first session without losing more then say 2 wickets then push to declare by tea.

The bowlers worked their arse off today, with siddle bowling great lines just outside off stump and then straight later in the innings. dougie was moving it a little and was very unlucky not to get a couple. johno is knows how to make the break and macca's second spell was fantastic.

Luck didn't go our way but boucher made his own lucky and his 89 was fantastic. Credit to the team for not giving up when nothing went their way. The first session tomorrow is the key. The pitch will only get worse and if the aussies bowl in similar lines at short of a length they have every chance to win this third test.

not bad from an attack which has 2 players on debut, 2 with only 3-4 tests under their belt and the leader has less then 20.

Back