South Africa in Australia

Re: South Africa in Australia

Here's a novel approach for a 20/20: Play 5 off-spinners and dart the ball in at the pads every ball. It's a very negative approach but could be effective, given how much harder it seems to be to smash the offies, compared to the fast bowlers.

Very good game of cricket didn't see the first innings of Australia but hopefully Warner can hit me a few catches at the Gabba. :p

Great innings by J.P Duminy and perhaps if he had more support South Africa would have come clost to winning but it wasn't to be.

Looking forward to seeing the performances of Tait, Steyn, Warner and Duminy at the Gabba.

Jolldo87;307827 said:
He's a fantastic Twenty20 bowler. Fairly good in the one dayers as well.

My opinion exactly. I wouldn't give him a bowl, or an extended bowl, in the longer form of the game though.

I agree with Kram, both Gilly and Warney were great in the box. They both know their cricket.

The 5 offies idea would be great to see I reckon, I think it'd be a constant battle. 6's off one bowler, dot balls from the other. Problem is it would get boring quickly. I'd love to see it though.

Also before last night I forgot how weird Botha bowls.

Lookiing forward to seeing Wayne Parnell debut for the saffers.

He was the leading wicket taker in the under 19 wc last year.

Also think having Amla at the top is a good idea.

I desperatley hope De Villiers is fit.

Good and bad news for the Vics today, Siddle is injured again this time stress fractures, not allowed to bowl at all for 2 weeks, Harris called into the ODI squad which explains his non selection tonight

In better news though, Clarke is not guaranteed to be fit for the ODI series so Warner is sticking around with the squad, if he lasts more than Friday nights game then he wont play the T20 on Sat :D

On tonights match, SA made multiple changes which include McKenzie in for AB, Aussie unchanged

SA playing a test like innings 0/5 off 1.3 overs

Well done Hussey. Do you guys rate him as a bowler? I always have, just wondering about public opinion.

Biggie;308907 said:
157 isnt enough I wouldve thought....
Looks alright atm, although not sure if the Aussies are interested in winning or getting time in the middle for Ponting and Hussey

Mousey;307815 said:
Well done Hussey. Do you guys rate him as a bowler? I always have, just wondering about public opinion.

He's a fantastic Twenty20 bowler. Fairly good in the one dayers as well.

Here's a novel approach for a 20/20: Play 5 off-spinners and dart the ball in at the pads every ball. It's a very negative approach but could be effective, given how much harder it seems to be to smash the offies, compared to the fast bowlers.

Very good game of cricket didn't see the first innings of Australia but hopefully Warner can hit me a few catches at the Gabba. :p

Great innings by J.P Duminy and perhaps if he had more support South Africa would have come clost to winning but it wasn't to be.

Looking forward to seeing the performances of Tait, Steyn, Warner and Duminy at the Gabba.

Back