South Africa in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: South Africa in India

The lead is now 50. Runs have come mostly due to luck but India wouldn't mind that. This pair has achieved the primary goal which was to extent the lead up to 50.

They are having all the luck in the world. But credit to them for hanging out there. Its entertaining to watch for a Indian fan, frustrating for a South African fan. At the start of play I would have taken a lead of 54.

Interesting move by Dhoni. I was not expecting Harbhajan to bowl within the first 10 overs. Its evident that both teams have contrasting strategies.

This is exactly what India were looking for. India are on top now. South Africa have lost 2 wickets before even taking the lead. Good session for India.

South Africa are finding it hard to score runs. India need to maintain the pressure and a wicket will come.

I think Dravid might has been giving batting lessons to South Africans. They still trail after 25 overs! India haven't gotten breakthroughs but I think its only a matter of time.

The bowling change worked. India nearly got another wicket there. A partnership was starting to develop but India got the wicket just at the right time.

Sharma strikes, not once but twice. It was a spectacular ball to get rid of Boucher. It kicked off from nowhere and caught him by surprise. South Africa are effectively 42/7.

South Africa all out for 121. India need just 62 runs to win. Awesome performance by India. I think the match will be over by today.

India's last wicket partnership has proved to be very crucial. 62 is not going to be enough. They needed a score in the region of 100-150. I didn't like the approach of the South Africans. They managed to occupy the crease for 55 overs but just managed to score 121 runs. Had they been positive, they could have put India under pressure.

lol Harris greeted with two sixes. India will surely win today. Just 30 more runs to get.
Oh well hes out but he did his job.

Thats the end of Jaffer and probably his career too. Good move to send Ganguly up the order because Jaffer and Dravid would have tried to stretch this game to the fifth day :p

AB said:
India's last wicket partnership has proved to be very crucial. 62  is not going to be enough. They needed a score in the region of 100-150. I didn't like the approach of the South Africans. They managed to occupy the crease for 55 overs but just managed to score 121 runs. Had they been positive, they could have put  India under pressure.
Yeah I knew that SA were taking batting lessons from Dravid. I know it is hard out there but their approach was not positive. I think that and the last wicket partnership are the reasons why they are going to lose the match.

You are too harsh on Dravid. He is not in good form but at least he is trying to fight. I think this should be end of Jaffer because in last two matches he has shown he cant bat on green wickets or crumbling wickets. He can only score runs on flat tracks.

Only 20 more runs to win! :D

Dravid is hitting boundaries :eek: I can sense something is wrong. :p

Rohitpatel said:
You are too harsh on Dravid. He is not in good form but at least he is trying to fight. I think this should be end of Jaffer because in last two matches he has shown he cant bat on green wickets or crumbling wickets. He can only score runs on flat tracks.

Only 20 more runs to win! :D
Dravid has been playing like this since the last year. He has just managed to score 2 centuries and one was against Bangladesh. I dont know if this is a temporary phase. Maybe his skill level has gone down because hes getting older. Age has had the opposite effect on Ganguly though. He should hit the winning runs and he deserves the man of the match award.

India win the match. Great performance by the team. All of them contributed very well except Jaffer. Harbhajan Singh bowled well in the match but Ganguly played the most crucial innings he should win man of the match. India should always have this kind of pitches at home because they are our strenght.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back