South Africa in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: South Africa in India

400 would have been too good on this pitch. I think 265 is a very good score but time will tell. A lot will depend on Dravid, Ganguly and Laxman. India need to get a lead because they'll be batting last on the pitch and they wouldn't want to chase a big score.

Not the ideal start for India. This partnership is the most crucial. The team is dependent on them even more in the absence of Tendulkar.

They look unconvincing out there but at least Laxman is scoring runs. Surviving on the pitch is hard so its logical to make full use of the balls you face. Dravid is going to get no where by being so defensive.

They have been rather slow but these two have done a splendid job. The job is not complete though because one wicket can lead to two and that can lead to a collapse. Yuvraj is not exactly the best player of spin in the Indian team so I'm not expecting much out of him.

Oh god you were right. Two wickets gone in a hurry. India in big trouble. Dhoni and yuvraj cant do anything on this wicket.

Dravid was trying to survive on this wicket but he finally got an unplayable delivery. It was inevitable. If he had made good use of the balls he faced he could have scored 25-30 more runs.

a good innings by yuvraj will be valuable for his career as well as india. dada is looking in good touch. these two need to rebuild the innings again. if they stay at the crease then the runs will come at a fast pace.

Yuvraj was playing well but he gave it away. Thankfully dada is still going strong. Still 70 runs behind and these two have to make all of it because Steyn will finish the tail in a hurry. If a wicket falls now South Africa will gain an invaluable lead.

A partnership is developing between these two. I think they'll get India very close to South Africa's total, if not over it. A lead will be very valuable.

Both Laxman and Ganguly have delivered in this match. Had Dravid played positively he could have contributed as well. Compare Ganguly's innings with Dravid's. He has faced about 20 less balls and yet score 30 more runs. A strike rate of under 30 is poor for even test cricket. I wont complain more because India are doing well but Dravid needs to rethink his strategy before he goes out to bat again.

Dhoni throws away his wicket at this crucial point. India should still get a lead they are only 17 runs behind. Ganguly has to farm the strike now.

The new ball is due next over. I will not be surprised if Smith takes it straight away and brings Steyn back to finish off the tail.

India take the lead :D Ganguly has batted so well yet again. I hope he scores a ton this time.
Dhoni and Yuvraj played irresponsible shots. We could have been in stronger position if they were more sensible.
Damn Harbhajan is out. I hope we can get a lead of at least 25-30 runs

Ganguly out for 87 yet again. :mad: Thats a unlucky number. Not the best shot selection but still well played. The other batsmen should learn from his innings. He made the most of the balls he played.

Yeah 87 was unlucky for Ganguly. I think he might be an Australian. :p But what a legendary innings by Dada. The conditions were tough and the bowling was good but that didnt matter to him.

MasterBlaster said:
Ganguly out for 87 yet again. :mad: Thats a unlucky number. Not the best shot selection but still well played. The other batsmen should learn from his innings. He made the most of the balls he played.
It looked like needless but was probably what the situation demanded. He couldn't taken singles with Sreesanth at the other end so he had to go for boundaries. His positive approach helped him score runs. At the press conference the man himself said "I intended to be positive, just play my game and play my shots because there was no point in surviving there and not adding runs to the scoreboard."
I'm very disappointed for Ganguly because he throughly deserved the 100, but if India manage to win this match, his 87 will be more as more valuable than a 100.

Some of your criticism of Dravid is justified. He should have known that this isn't a pitch where you can survive for long. Ganguly faced as many balls but scored triple the runs. To his credit, he provided valuable support to Laxman.

ganguly deserved a century but im still happy the way he played. i think he should have batted at 4. he is the best at that position. if sreesanth can smash a few fours tomorrow and get the lead to 50 then i would be delighted. i think india can dismiss south africa for 150-200 in the second innings but chasing anything more than 150 will be very tricky. also credit to the curator. this pitch isnt as bad as they said. it has given us a cracking contest so far.

The day's play has started. Lets see how long India lasts. The South African coach was saying that India are just 2-3% ahead atm but I'd like to remind him that the Indian bowling attack is more suited to the pitch than South Africa's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back